DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Will & Grace: S3 EDITED! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/384661-will-grace-s3-edited.html)

digitalfreaknyc 09-09-04 06:16 PM

Will & Grace: S3 EDITED!

Hey all,

As expected...Lions gate edited a few of the episodes for season 3 of Will and Grace...just like they did for Season 2. I expect the other seasons to follow in the same respect.

*sigh*

When will Lions Gate learn???

LasVegasMichael 09-09-04 06:26 PM

:thmbsdwn: Lions Gate

Though I personally hate this show, this is never nice to see. I liken it to only having Fullscreen available for a movie.

Still pissed about ALF myself. Hate to see the trend continue with that release as well. We shall see.

RobCA 09-09-04 06:29 PM

A couple of us were just talking about that yesterday in this thread. I just got my set in the mail from DDD, and haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I can't believe they did this to us again, after apologizing for screwing up Season 2 so badly. :rolleyes:

Rob

RobCA 09-09-04 06:35 PM

I just checked out the packaging; under disc 3, they list "Cheaters, Part I". So where's Part II?? Oh well, I'm sure they'll apologize, and make it up to us next time.

:rolleyes: Rob

DVD Polizei 09-09-04 06:41 PM

You silly man, "Cheaters, Part II" is on Season 4, Disc 1. :)

Global Observer 09-09-04 07:22 PM

I have no interest in this particular show, but I'm getting sick and tired of buying edited TV show sets that were promised to be un-cut.

digitalfreaknyc 09-09-04 07:26 PM

Oddly enough...

that cheaters 2 part episode is on the UK edition. go figure!

But again...look at the Lowes in the mid 80's 2 part. That was 1 hour originally. So they split it into 2 and edit it. *sigh*

DVD Josh 09-09-04 07:46 PM

True, I did recently bash lions gate, but the fact is they are a distrubitor. They only put out what the studio gives them.

Upper pylon 3 09-10-04 07:50 AM

I was on the fence about collecting this show. After reading this and still being pissed off about ALF, I just fell off. Does anyone know when Lion's Gate's distribution contracts expire? Maybe when these shows are done by Universal they will be done right.

Surfinhank 09-11-04 09:43 PM

This is really sh%&**ty to learn of all these edited versions showing up on DVD. I don't know what's going on... are the companies making mistakes and not realizing it, are they trying to make a deadline or is it just plain laziness? Whatever the reason, I would like to encourage everyone to write, phone or email complaints to these companies. Refusing to buy the sets is not enough, they could write it off as loss of consumer interest in the show. Please write and tell them WHY you're not buying. Hopefully they'll learn.

new2theplace 09-11-04 10:57 PM

So what was edited out?

Tscott 09-12-04 12:29 AM

Originally posted by new2theplace
So what was edited out?
I'm assuming that this is like the ALF set, where the shorter syndicated version of the show was used instead of the original broadcast version. In these versions some lines, scenes and subplots that are deemed "unessential" to the main plot of the show are cut out so they can fit 5 more minutes of ad time. This is a horrible trend, since it ruins the best thing about TV on DVD, owning the original broadcast version of the show, ad free to watch whenever we want.

RobCA 09-12-04 12:49 AM

As I mentioned in the other thread, the "Gypsies, Tramps & Weed" episode is definitely the edited syndicated version. Others may be edited too, but that's the only one I'm sure of. Well, that one, and the aforementioned "Cheaters, Part 1". :rolleyes:

BTW, the outtakes are hilarious. I haven't watched the themed featurettes yet, but I'm glad they put them all on the same disc this time. I just wish they had kept the "Play All" option.

Rob