DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Magnum P.I. Case

Old 09-09-04, 12:11 AM

Magnum P.I. Case

Is it just me or do you need a chisel and a hammer to get the discs out from the case. I push the buttons that say push, but the discs don't pop out. Then Im pulling on them to get them out and the discs are almost bending in half ready to snap. On my disc 2 a crack even started in the middle of the ring trying to get it out. Anybody else agree on this.? Should I put them in snap cases or just wrestle them out every time with the chance of causing damage? Im almost thinking of returning the set.
Old 09-09-04, 12:33 AM

I had this problem with the Without A Trace set I picked up yesterday, what worked for me was to start at one thumb notch, lift the disc a tiny bit, press the center tab, and just work my way around the disc so it loosens evenly till it comes out (takes two hands.) It's extremely irritating, but the last time I had a problem like this, the discs came out fine after being removed a couple times. Good luck.
Old 09-09-04, 01:12 PM

I will try this way out. The only bad thing is the discs are double-sided so everytime ill get my thumbs all over smearing the discs using this method. Two of the push snaps also broke already.
Old 09-09-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My discs are snug, but not difficult to get out. I prefer this to the FOX cases (X-Files, Alien Quadilogy, Buffy, etc) where the discs seem to come out on their own.
Old 09-09-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man, I have not received my shipment yet but I hope this is not a problem. I hate these dual sided releases.
Old 09-09-04, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by king3style
I will try this way out. The only bad thing is the discs are double-sided so everytime ill get my thumbs all over smearing the discs using this method. Two of the push snaps also broke already.
I just slide my fingers along the edge of the disc, not completely under it (that could snap it) and I didn't get fingerprints on the ones I've pulled out so far. Basically, one thumb on the center hub, a finger from the other hand sliding around starting at a thumb release notch, and no contact with the disc other than around the very edge. Still a pain, but it worked.
Old 09-09-04, 03:37 PM

Oh, man, I really hate these kinds of cases. I'm thinking of just putting the discs in a DVD wallet, because I'm afraid of snapping them and, considering they're double-sided, I don't want to have them covered in fingerprints every time I remove them.
Old 09-12-04, 07:20 PM
Banned

Now there is a great idea, putting double sided discs in a wallet...

Put the Magnum case on a flat surface like a table, then push down, they pop out no problem.