DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Star Wars Trilogy cardboard box (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/384343-star-wars-trilogy-cardboard-box.html)

Dane 09-08-04 08:41 AM

Star Wars Trilogy cardboard box

Judging from the images posted on eBay the Region 2 cardboard box looks really thin.

Does anyone know if the Region 1 cardboard box will be as thick as the Indy/Godfather box?

Any comments in this regard would be really appreciated as I have yet to place my order. Thanks.

pdjw 09-08-04 10:15 AM

I got the R1 yesterday - Its thin cardboard style like Alien Quad so exactly the same as the R2 minus the annoying BBFC certs - R2 gets stuck with these all the time! The LOTR extended are particularly awful in R2 land whilst the R1's are thick & sturdy- shame star wars couldn't been the same stylel - it all feels a bit cheap.

Crowes 09-08-04 10:40 AM

Well, Indy/Godfather were both Paramount.

Star Wars is Fox. I would assume the box would be different.

I guess there is finally a reason for the minions to praise Paramount for a change.

Mike Lowrey 09-08-04 10:51 AM

Originally posted by pdjw
I got the R1 yesterday - Its thin cardboard style like Alien Quad so exactly the same as the R2 minus the annoying BBFC certs - R2 gets stuck with these all the time!
What are these BBFC certs you're talking about?

Mr. Salty 09-08-04 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
What are these BBFC certs you're talking about?
British Board of Film Classification certifications. Basically, British ratings symbols.

Mike Lowrey 09-08-04 07:37 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
British Board of Film Classification certifications. Basically, British ratings symbols.
Oh, you mean the equivalent to the MPAA. Yeah, I've seen some of those symbols on R2 custom covers. Very distracting.

jeffkjoe 09-08-04 07:52 PM

The box better be thick.

ltrain 09-08-04 08:44 PM

The box on the R1 is actually a little flimsy. We opened one at work (FYE) to check it out. Definitely not as thick as Indy. The outer box seemed very fingerprint prone because of the shiny surface.

I was glad to see that they kept the original theatrical artwork for the discs though. Also included was some different kind of abstract watercolor artwork on the various inserts for the four DVD's.

db27 09-08-04 09:08 PM

Originally posted by ltrain
Also included was some different kind of abstract watercolor artwork on the various inserts for the four DVD's.
I'm loving the artwork on the inside, very cool stuff.

typically I could care less about inserts, but the art on these is stylin'

MorE808 09-08-04 09:32 PM

slightly off topic, but i was wondering if anyone had some insider info on how much Best Buy or other retailers might be selling the set the first week of sales...just curious, i was considering pre-ordering from DDD, but sometimes (and rarely) Best Buy is the best buy...

cactusoly 09-08-04 10:08 PM

Originally posted by MorE808
slightly off topic, but i was wondering if anyone had some insider info on how much Best Buy or other retailers might be selling the set the first week of sales...just curious, i was considering pre-ordering from DDD, but sometimes (and rarely) Best Buy is the best buy...
Dont order it from DDD. You would be lucky to get it by October.

meharry2003 09-09-04 02:01 AM

The box IS thick. I work at Blockbuster and it came in today. It's a thick silver box that is about the width of the Indiana Jones box, but it is very light and doesn't feel like there's four DVD boxes in it