DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Anyone find the Hitchcock box set at Best Buy today? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/384254-anyone-find-hitchcock-box-set-best-buy-today.html)

Sessa17 09-07-04 07:13 PM

Anyone find the Hitchcock box set at Best Buy today?

I don't know if it's just my area, but I went to 3 different Best Buys today after work, & none of them got in the Signature Collection today. Anyone else have this problem?

Asking the kids that worked there was totally pointless, I asked at all 3 stores & all 3 times the guys had to ask somebody else b/c they had no clue who Hitchcock was or where the DVDs would be.

I can't believe I give tha place my hard earned money:(

Victor Nettoyeur 09-07-04 07:18 PM

I didn't find it either. The Best Buy clerk I asked told me it might be a few days after looking it up. I am inclined to believe her. She could spell "Hitchcock".

basaro 09-07-04 07:24 PM

Seems as some stores didn't get certain releases. I'm guessing it's because of the Labor Day holiday weekend.

FWIW, the BB in Salem, NH had the boxset. There were a couple copies on the new release table near the front of the store.

Today was the last straw in shopping B&M's for me. I had some clueless BB reps looking everywhere for the 39 copies of Eddie Murphy Raw their computer said they had. I waited about 20 minutes before they gave up looking and I left with nothing. All my business is going to DDD and CH now. The B&M chains can bite me! :)

PopcornTreeCt 09-07-04 07:29 PM

I saw it at Target. $79.99 was the price tag.

gutwrencher 09-07-04 08:02 PM

got mine at BB where they had a table full and about 10 on the shelf.

BUT...they stopped stocking King Of Comedy. bastards.

:grunt:

asianxcore 09-07-04 08:12 PM

I didn't get the set, but I saw 2 copies on the "new release" table they set up. (at Best Buy today)

DVD Giant 09-07-04 10:42 PM

At lot of stores didn't get them because of a shipping problem caused by Warner....it's the memo I got...they will be in stores on Wednesday

Flynn 09-08-04 12:12 AM

There were like 30 at the Best Buy in Little Rock, AR

starving dvder 09-08-04 07:10 AM

I didn't find any box sets up where I live :(

Chew 09-08-04 08:09 AM

I saw about 4-5 of them. $85.99 was the price, IIRC.

davejt1 09-08-04 10:24 AM

Had several of them here. No individual titles, though (except for Strangers on a Train).

Hammer99 09-08-04 10:27 AM

No box sets at the BB by the White Marsh Mall in Balto, MD...
clerk said they wouldn't carry individual titles either, just the box.

BassDude 09-08-04 12:02 PM

We have a few BBs here in town and one of them does not stock any Hitchcock. I found this out when I went in for Rear Window a while back.

Needless to say I don't go to that store anymore. The Best Buy by my work had many copies on the table and the rack. I wonder if certain stores are labeled as "Hot hits" Stores...and only carry newer titles?

Also..are the individual titles released? Or like some other box sets..only available in the pack for now? My BB did NOT have the individual titles.

slop101 09-08-04 02:53 PM

My local Best Buy (Costa Mesa) had over 20 of the boxes in two different locations (new releases & box sets). The sticker said $85, but it rang up $79 - not bad for 9 movies.

gjamesm 09-08-04 04:01 PM

Yikes those are some steep prices. With a $10 coupon, I got mine from Chapters.ca for $72.00 Cdn ($55.00 US)

Megatron 09-09-04 12:38 AM

w

davejt1 09-09-04 09:22 AM

Originally posted by BassDude
Also..are the individual titles released? Or like some other box sets..only available in the pack for now? My BB did NOT have the individual titles.
Yes. I'm almost positive that Borders had all of them for sale individually when I was there on Tuesday (I didn't verify each individual title, but they had a big display featuring Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder, Foreign Correspondent, Suspicion, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and N by NW).

LorenzoL 09-09-04 11:21 PM

I got the boxset today from Amazon.ca. However, I got the Snapper version of North by Northwest instead of the digipak. I wrote them to see what was going on.