DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Godzilla 2000 uncut (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/384022-godzilla-2000-uncut.html)

Breakfast with Girls 09-06-04 03:09 PM

Godzilla 2000 uncut
 
According to www.digitalmonsterisland.com, the Godzilla 2000 that will be packaged with the upcoming <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002V7OF6/dvdtalk">5-pack </a> and <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002V7T0Q/dvdtalk">7-pack</a> will have the original disc contents on one side, and the uncut Japanese 5.1 version with English subtitles on the other. No word yet on if it will be available separately.

http://clubtokyo.org/monsterzero/news/gfw/godzilla.jpg
(Unrelated... a Final Wars poster)

buckee1 09-06-04 03:23 PM

That's excellent! The R1 version definately suffered from the inferior dubbed track and the exclusion of roughly nine-minutes as seen in the R2/R3 version. I am so buying these!

flashburn 09-06-04 03:24 PM

Too bad those packs include Godzilla (US, 98). I don't think I could ever pay money for that abomination of a film.

buckee1 09-06-04 03:31 PM

Here's another query though. G2000 will bear the original Japanese version and audio on the flip side of the same disc but, what about the other films? will they also be "flippers" in this sense or will they only be the substandard Americanized versions we've already seen and loathed?

milo bloom 09-06-04 04:14 PM


Originally posted by flashburn
Too bad those packs include Godzilla (US, 98). I don't think I could ever pay money for that abomination of a film.
There's a thread in Movie talk discussing how GINO (or Zilla, as Toho now calls her) will be canonized in the upcoming movie.
Spoiler:
she takes on the big G in Sidney, Australia

Plus, they've got a couple million of those disc pressed already not selling, so they need to unload them.

I'm wondering the same as buckee, it seems this announcement came out of nowhere, so I don't know how they had time to get it all together.

I once heard that they could have included the Japanese Godzilla 2000 materials if they had delayed the DVD by only a few weeks, so I'm guesing it's been sitting in the vault all this time.

Breakfast with Girls 09-06-04 04:35 PM


Originally posted by buckee1
Here's another query though. G2000 will bear the original Japanese version and audio on the flip side of the same disc but, what about the other films? will they also be "flippers" in this sense or will they only be the substandard Americanized versions we've already seen and loathed?
Probably the substandard Americanized versions we've already seen and loathed. Godzilla vs. Destroyer and Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla are on one flipper, so they'd have to separate it out. I'd love to see vs. Destroyer OSL but it will probably be awhile.

flashburn 09-06-04 05:01 PM


Originally posted by milo bloom
There's a thread in Movie talk discussing how GINO (or Zilla, as Toho now calls her) will be canonized in the upcoming movie.
Spoiler:
she takes on the big G in Sidney, Australia

Plus, they've got a couple million of those disc pressed already not selling, so they need to unload them.

I read that, sounds very cool. Looking forward to Final Wars.

cultshock 09-06-04 05:11 PM


Originally posted by milo bloom

Plus, they've got a couple million of those disc pressed already not selling, so they need to unload them.

I once heard that they could have included the Japanese Godzilla 2000 materials if they had delayed the DVD by only a few weeks, so I'm guesing it's been sitting in the vault all this time.

I agree with you on the first point (they probably just want to get rid of all the excess stock), and I've heard the same thing regarding your second point. It's nice that they finally got around to releasing the Japanese cut. :up:

Breakfast with Girls 09-07-04 07:23 PM

Just bumping this in case some people haven't seen it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.