DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Page Plant - No Quarter (Unledded) 10/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/382119-page-plant-no-quarter-unledded-10-04-a.html)

Skyler 08-26-04 09:03 AM

Page Plant - No Quarter (Unledded) 10/04

FINALLY! This was an excellent "unplugged" concert.

News

Geofferson 08-26-04 09:32 AM

:up:

LBCrazyFool 08-26-04 10:02 AM

Nice! :up: I really liked the version of "Nobody's Fault But Mine" on this.

sataniko 08-26-04 10:25 AM

Finally!!! :up:

indy81 08-26-04 10:26 AM

From Billboard:

Additional details have come to light regarding the highly anticipated DVD release of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant's "No Quarter -- Unledded." The project, which captures the Led Zeppelin principals' historic 1994 reunion for an "MTV Unplugged" broadcast, will arrive Oct. 27 on DVD via Warner Strategic Marketing/Atlantic. The soundtrack will be released the same day.

DVD extras will include the bonus tracks "Black Dog" and "Most High," interviews with Page and Plant and a montage of footage from the duo's performance in Morocco. The release was overseen by Page in tandem with longtime engineering collaborator Kevin Shirley.

Link

bboisvert 08-26-04 11:23 AM

My music DVDs are somewhat inaccessible at this time (long story, don't ask...), but I could have sworn I own this.

Maybe I'm thinking of the laserdisc, but I seem to recall upgrading to a DVD sometime last year. Was this available in other countries on DVD? Am I just losing my marbles?

JAA 08-26-04 01:14 PM

This was long overdue. Great news! :thumbsup:

emhello 08-26-04 02:46 PM

Will they ever release a remastered version of Song Remains The Same?

purplechoe 08-26-04 05:15 PM

Originally posted by indy81
DVD extras will include the bonus tracks "Black Dog" and "Most High," interviews with Page and Plant and a montage of footage from the duo's performance in Morocco. The release was overseen by Page in tandem with longtime engineering collaborator Kevin Shirley.

This might actually make me wanna buy this since I already have the cd.

cultshock 08-26-04 05:36 PM

Nice. :up: Anyone think it will get a DTS audio track like the other Led Zep DVD did?

cultshock 08-26-04 05:38 PM

Ooops, my mistake, this isn't really a "Led Zep" DVD. ;)

slop101 08-26-04 05:39 PM

Is this the one where Page & Plant look like they're melting?

tommy28 08-26-04 09:16 PM

Originally posted by slop101
Is this the one where Page & Plant look like they're melting?
Yes,also the one were Plant sounds like he`s 80.....;)

Static Cling 08-26-04 09:26 PM

Rock. I loved this CD.

nightmaster 08-26-04 10:16 PM

Originally posted by emhello
We can only hope not.

mcarver 08-26-04 10:27 PM

Yes, there was a Phantom Video import of the Brazilian release last year (2/11/2003).

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....ght=page+plant[

QUOTE]Originally posted by bboisvert
My music DVDs are somewhat inaccessible at this time (long story, don't ask...), but I could have sworn I own this.

Maybe I'm thinking of the laserdisc, but I seem to recall upgrading to a DVD sometime last year. Was this available in other countries on DVD? Am I just losing my marbles?
[/QUOTE]

Rypro 525 08-26-04 10:52 PM

page is supposingly ashamed of the album and the movie, and he says he did it for the money.

cultshock 08-27-04 02:01 AM

page is supposingly ashamed of the album and the movie, and he says he did it for the money.
Regarding The Sound Remains the Same:

They originally had high hopes for this project but when they saw the filmed results of what was really a mediocre concert performance, they decided to shelve the whole thing. A couple years later, when Plant got in a car accident and broke his leg, there was a period of time when Zeppelin was inactive, so they ended up deciding to dust off this old project and release the film and soundtrack album to keep their fans occupied until they could get back to work. I think Page later regretted the decision as it really did not show the band at their best.

Rocinante67 08-27-04 07:00 AM

The Brazilian one was a bootleg. Trust me, I made the mistake of buying one. Looks like a bad dub from a VHS. This DVD will be a welcome replacement.

JAA 08-27-04 08:33 AM

What for? The current edition looks beautiful in all its anamorphic glory - seriously. :D

Celtic Bob 08-27-04 07:50 PM

Looking forward to this.