DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   What's your least favorite DVD that you own? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/381298-whats-your-least-favorite-dvd-you-own.html)

Tarantino 08-21-04 07:35 PM

What's your least favorite DVD that you own?

I was looking through my collection today and I realized that I still own Independence Day for some reason. Man, I hate that flick.

Maxflier 08-21-04 07:41 PM

It would be one of the 3 in my sig:Night of the Living Dead,Species or Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Any one of those.....i hate them all.

ArchibaldTuttle 08-21-04 07:44 PM

A Bridge Too Far

Me007gold 08-21-04 07:46 PM

*sigh* from justin to kelly (the american idol moive) it was only 5.50 i couldnt help my self

LasVegasMichael 08-21-04 07:53 PM

I must admit that I have a penchant for bad movies. I love the fact that I will soon own the Tiffani Amber Theissen opus: "Shriek if you know what I did last friday the 13th," and Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow is probably my favorite of the franchise.

I can seem to find humor in any film or even tv show.

However....The following are tried and true exceptions to the rule:

The first runner up:

http://www.dvdplanet.com/productimages/front/3670.jpg And I used to like and respect Roger Ebert.

The Grand Prize goes to:

http://www.dvdplanet.com/productimages/front/36353.jpg It is simply shocking at how bad this series is. The worst blind buy in the history of my existence. 'Nuff Said.

Incidentally: Both are available for trade in my trade thread below, if you're in the mood for visual torture. ;)

costanza 08-21-04 08:07 PM

i got soul survivor's during the last ddd 20% off sale. it was bundled with jacob's ladder far less than what jacob's ladder would've been by itself so i got it. a truly horrible movie, i love jacob's ladder though. a little while ago i gave my parents my copy of mi2 or that would've been #1.

Ruderic 08-21-04 08:15 PM

Originally posted by costanza
i got soul survivor's during the last ddd 20% off sale. it was bundled with jacob's ladder far less than what jacob's ladder would've been by itself so i got it. a truly horrible movie, i love jacob's ladder though. a little while ago i gave my parents my copy of mi2 or that would've been #1.
MI2 is probably mine. I keep it because of the extras, namely the one with Ben Stiller.

moonmadness 08-21-04 08:24 PM

worst movie - I'd have to say Amos & Andrew. But it's not THAT bad, and it was only $5.

worst dvd edition - Amos & Andrew, again. It's P&S, no extra features or anything. Also The Last Seduction, though it's one of my favorite movies. It's P&S, no extras, and the video quality is like VHS. I'm getting the R2 or R4 anamorphic release when I get a multi region player in a few months.

and the worst that I owned at one point, but sold is The Ben Stiller Show. I blindly bought it and didn't get past a few episodes. I don't think I laughed once at anything :(

DVDho78DTS 08-21-04 08:25 PM

Originally posted by LasVegasMichael
"Shriek if you know what I did last friday the 13th,"
I watched this film one night with a couple friends and can easily confirm it being terrible, however, I almost died laughing when the pizza boy said something along the lines of, "if we aren't here in 30 mins, we ain't coming." I think he was some dorky kid on a scooter or something.

Anyway, my least favorite film I own is probably Independence Day as well. Every year I say I'm going to watch on July 4th weekend but I never do.

coladar 08-21-04 08:32 PM

Doom Generation. I bought it for the various scenes of Rose McGowan. For that and nothing more, it was barely worth my $15. But the movie itself? It takes a hell of a lot to get me to dislike a movie with various scenes of a nude Rose McGowan. Doom Generation somehow managed to accomplish that.

Yakuza Bengoshi 08-21-04 08:39 PM

A Better Tomorrow

Banky 08-21-04 08:54 PM

American Cuisine, a film I bought simply because I'm a huge fan of Jason Lee.

Sessa17 08-21-04 08:59 PM

Dark Angel: Season 1 - Although I didn't buy it. It's sooooooo bad, I only watched the pilot & nothing else. Jessica Alba keeps me from selling it or throwing it out though.

kovacs01 08-21-04 09:00 PM

well, i went through my collection and traded off all the ones that i really hated. took them down to CD Wherehouse for store credit. There were 2 however that i couldnt shake.

Dreamcatcher -- they had too many of these (wonder why)

Lost in Space -- somehow i ended up with one that has the "promotion not for sale" label on the back and they wouldnt take it.

FantasticVSDoom 08-21-04 09:15 PM

(head down in shame) Fast and the Furious... I dont even know why I bought it... Also Ocean's 11, and I like the movie, but my wife picked it up for me and it was the Full-screen edition. I didnt realize until later after I opened it and watched it, and was too lazy to take it back.

theneobez 08-21-04 09:17 PM

Reservoir Dogs

Mountain Biker 08-21-04 09:26 PM

Robocop 3 - because its included in the boxset.

The Exister 08-21-04 09:31 PM

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

snorlaxnut 08-21-04 09:32 PM

Ninja Scroll 10th Anniversary Edition. I don't like this anime movie very much. Someday I will think about trading this movie, on this site, for something else.

nemein 08-21-04 09:36 PM

I have about a dozen or so in mind for the next batch I dump but I would have to say leading the pack right now is Tour of Duty season 1. Just didn't have the same impact as I remember when seeing it originally.

astrochimp 08-21-04 10:13 PM

Eurotrip

PopcornTreeCt 08-21-04 10:19 PM

Blair Witch Project 2

I got it in a box set with the first one for like $3.99 and have yet to watch either of them.

Shap 08-21-04 10:28 PM

Johnny English. Came in the Bean/JE two pack and I figured I'd give it a shot. Horrible movie. :(

ElementZ 08-21-04 10:30 PM

Babar: King of the Elephants

Trucks

insanecollector 08-21-04 10:36 PM

Salo Criterion Collection