DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   New Queen DVD exclusive to best buy...what's on it? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/380286-new-queen-dvd-exclusive-best-buy-whats.html)

KillerQ 08-16-04 08:43 AM

New Queen DVD exclusive to best buy...what's on it?

Hey all,

Tomorrow (Tues.) Best buy is releasing the new edition of of "Queen's Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You". It's basically a remastered, re-release of the greatest hits with a few new versions/editions on it...

HOWEVER,

Best Buy has an exclusive DVD that they are releasing with it.....does anyone know what's on this DVD?

Thanks,

M

Michael Corvin 08-16-04 11:02 AM

Not sure, but the ad had me scratching my head.

"Contains 3 Bonus Non-exclusive tracks"

WTF does that mean?

KillerQ 08-16-04 12:32 PM

Yea,

I saw that too. Actually, the greatest hits contains 2 live tracks and a remix of im in love with my car. I think those are the non-exclusive songs (which, the term doesn't even make sence in this context) but anyway..... we'll find out tomorrow.

Matt

too much 08-16-04 04:08 PM

Looks like the live songs (non-exclusive?) are Under Pressure and Tie Your Mother Down. At least it looks that way in the song lists (as I'm in Love With My Car is right before these). Somebody on Hometheaterforum.com said the 2 exclusive tracks may be from the upcoming live DVD coming out later this year.

I just bought the three greatest hits together. Aren't these remastered enough? Is the I'm in Love With My Car the remix used in the car commercial? Queen are quickly becoming the Doors with all of their various rereleases. As not to be the super complainer, I do enjoy the concert DVD's!

too much 08-17-04 10:32 AM

Bonus Tracks on CD (available at all stores)
I'm In Love With My Car
Tie Your Mother Down (live)
Under Pressure (live)

Best Buy exclusive DVD
This is the exact text on package:

Includes bonus dvd with 2 never before commercially released Queen videos
"Somebody to Love" and "The Show Must Go On"

*wasn't Somebody to Love on Queen Greatest Video Hits 1

cinephan 08-17-04 11:36 AM

And, unless it's a new video, "The Show Must Go On" was on video hits vol 2.

too much 08-17-04 12:27 PM

I don't think "The Show Must Go On" has been released (at least on DVD). The Greatest Hits Volume 2 only goes as far as the Miracle Videos (unless they are extras).

Jiber2001 08-17-04 01:01 PM

was it packaged together or by itself

too much 08-17-04 02:18 PM

together

too much 08-18-04 02:15 PM

Just found out on Hometheaterforum.com that the videos are actually from the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert.

Somebody to Love w/ George Michael
The Show Must Go On w/ Elton John

*These are both "commercially" available. What a crappy extra. So glad I waited before opening this set.

Michael Allred 08-18-04 07:16 PM

To clarify...

The bonus tracks on the CD...."Tie Your Mother Down" & "Under Pressure" will be available on both CD and DVD later this year. It's from their 1982 concert at Milton Keynes. The DVD will be called "On Fire at the Bowl." "I'm in Love with My Car" is just a slightly different edit of the song with some extra car noises added to it.

The bonus DVD...."Somebody to Love" with George Michael was already released on the Freddie Mercury tribute concert DVD and "The Show Must Go On" with Elton John was released on the "Greatest Flix III" VHS tape (it's NOT from the tribute concert though, it was a performance in 1997 in Paris. It will likely appear on the eventual "Greatest Video Hits 3" DVD next year.)

So there's absolutely NO reason to buy this shameless cash-in "Hits" CD at all.