DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Deep Red - 2 disc special edition? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/378080-deep-red-2-disc-special-edition.html)

jarrodschockow 08-02-04 06:22 PM

Deep Red - 2 disc special edition?

Does anybody out there know where I can get this? I have checked ebay and all of the major dvd sites, and can't seem to find it anywhere. I had the chance to buy it about a year ago, and passed on it (I am still kicking myself). Thanks in advance for any help.

Matthew Chmiel 08-02-04 06:34 PM

There has never been a two-disc special edition of Deep Red.

It's been packaged with Tenebre in one of the three Limited Edition Dario Argento sets that Anchor Bay put out, but that's it. Same version either way.

cultshock 08-02-04 07:04 PM

Yes, you may either be thinking of the set that Matthew mentions, or the special editions that Anchor Bay did do of other Argento films (SUSPERIA or OPERA).

At any rate, if you wait awhile, I'm sure that Blue Underground will release an even better Deep Red DVD. :)

asianxcore 08-02-04 08:02 PM

Originally posted by cultshock
Yes, you may either be thinking of the set that Matthew mentions, or the special editions that Anchor Bay did do of other Argento films (SUSPERIA or OPERA).

At any rate, if you wait awhile, I'm sure that Blue Underground will release an even better Deep Red DVD. :)

does BU have the rights to the Argento movies now?

Richard Malloy 08-03-04 08:42 AM

Not now, but sometime in the future, as I understand it. But I don't know when, and there's certainly been no announcements regarding specific discs.

Giles 08-03-04 09:16 AM

a new 'Suspriria' disc would also be nice with the original 2 - channel stereo mix that wasn't included on the AB Special Edition, the OOP Image Entertainment disc had a better video and audio transfer.

Josh-da-man 08-03-04 09:31 AM

Blue Underground (or, more specifically, William Lustig) will get, or has already gotten, the rights to a lot of the films that Anchor Bay released, including the Hammers and Argento movies. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Fulci movies went back to him as well.

gutwrencher 08-03-04 09:41 AM

I will not be happy until Four Flies On Grey Velvet and A Lizard In A Womans Skin finally arrive....hopefully both from BU.

Richard Malloy 08-03-04 10:06 AM

Do Lustig/BU hold the (future) rights to all the Argento films?

jarrodschockow 08-03-04 10:48 AM

Interesting. I would have swore there was a 2 disc version. I know I have seen it packed in a thick case (sorry, don't know the technical term.) Is it possible that it was released with the soundtrack at one point, like Opera and Suspiria? I know I wasn't looking at the version with Tenebre. Maybe I am just losing my mind.

delirium 08-03-04 11:03 AM

Originally posted by jarrodschockow
Is it possible that it was released with the soundtrack at one point, like Opera and Suspiria?
No.

You're thinking of the double-feature with Tenebre in the thick double alpha case.

The Exister 08-03-04 02:00 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
I will not be happy until Four Flies On Grey Velvet and A Lizard In A Womans Skin finally arrive....hopefully both from BU.
My sentiments exactly!

asianxcore 08-03-04 02:33 PM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

it was packed in a thick case, like the 2 disc of "Opera"

scarredgod 08-03-04 03:39 PM

everyone so excited about BU/Lustig having/getting the rights reverted back to them eventually from Anchor Bay of the Argento stuff. people talk like it will be soon, the interview that mentions it already like a year old, i believe it was from dvdmaniacs.net. yes BU is going to get the rights eventually, but it still may be a couple years before the first one even sees the light of day. im not speaking of Four flies, only the ones Anchor Bay released. if you really wanna see the movies, they AB ones arent too expensive, theyre not perfect either, or go regionless. you can be dead before the BU ones come out.

gutwrencher 08-03-04 03:44 PM

Originally posted by scarredgod
people talk like it will be soon...... you can be dead before the BU ones come out.
:lol:

I've been waiting years and years to have certian films in my library...a few more wont kill me. and to know that proper treatment will be delivered....it's even more reason to get pumped up, no matter the length of the wait.

cultshock 08-03-04 05:11 PM

The Argento/BU ball is starting to roll. THE BIRD WITH CRYSTAL PLUMAGE is currently being worked on for a release next year. :up: