DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Office Special - 11/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/377961-office-special-11-16-a.html)

Gerry P. 08-02-04 04:55 AM

The Office Special - 11/16

Video Business has this to say about the final 2-part episode of the BBC comedy series, The Office:

BBC's look at life in cubicles, The Office, comes to an end with the arrival of the finale on DVD ($24.98). The two-part special takes place a year after season two finished, and the disc will include outtakes, a making-of documentary and the full "If You Don't Know Me By Now" music video by lead character David Brent. The two full season DVDs and The Office Special will be filed together in The Office Collection DVD box set for $59.92. Both bow Nov. 16 (prebook Oct. 19). BBC product is distributed by Warner.

Crocker Jarmen 08-02-04 06:03 AM

That deserves an extra helping of awesome-sauce. I loved the two seasons of The Office and desperately wanted to see the final two special episodes. Right on. Or as Bill Cosby would say, 'Rat Owen'.

movieking 08-02-04 06:06 AM

I figured it would be released as a box set, so I am glad that I ebayed/traded the first two seasons that I had. The final two episodes do a great job of wrapping everything up, IMO.

Chew 08-02-04 07:34 AM

Cool news :up: The ending was awesome and I can't wait to check out that music video. :lol:

Galileo01 08-02-04 08:07 AM

I am a little confused. I thought that the last episode of the 2nd season was the end. Is there another one?

Meatpants 08-02-04 08:16 AM

$25 for two episodes? Bogus :p

mick0016 08-02-04 08:41 AM

It's the two episode Christmas Special that aired on BBC only and not on BBC America so it has not been available here in the States.

Here's a link on the episodes if you want to know more about the specials:

www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/epguide/

I downloaded both of them from Kazaa a while back and both are very funny. If you like the show, you won't be disappointed but I agree that $25 is a little steep for 2 shows.

Chew 08-02-04 09:00 AM

IIRC, both run about 45 minutes. So, it's really like three regular episodes. :p

Galileo01 08-02-04 09:16 AM

Cool! Now I am excited :)

ThatGuamGuy 08-02-04 10:12 AM

Re: The Office Special - 11/16

Originally posted by Gerry P.
The two-part special takes place a year after season two finished
I think that's wrong; it was filmed a year after, sure, but doesn't it take place three years after the series?

Any word on the inclusion/exclusion of the pilot on this (and, for that matter, the R2) release?

copiedline 08-02-04 10:48 AM

Excellent news!

majorjoe23 08-02-04 11:47 AM

These two episodes are incredible. I loved the way the second season ended, but the specials really moved me.

conscience 08-02-04 12:42 PM

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

zutroy 08-02-04 12:56 PM

"...the full "If You Don't Know Me By Now" music video by lead character David Brent."

Sold. This was priceless.

Achtung 08-02-04 01:44 PM

Sweet! I liked the way the second season ended too, but I have heard great things about this special. Can't wait to check it out.

Dai 08-02-04 01:51 PM

Brilliant!

Now when are they bringing Teachers over here??

tofu 08-02-04 03:28 PM

Great news!!! I've been really waiting a while to see this. Although, that is a bit pricey for just 2 episodes.

Peep 08-02-04 03:30 PM

Great news!

TheV 08-02-04 04:05 PM

Good timing. I just cancelled my R2 order. I'd rather have R1 when I can get it. Plus they might add some extras.

ThatGuamGuy 08-02-04 04:43 PM

Originally posted by TheV
Good timing. I just cancelled my R2 order. I'd rather have R1 when I can get it. Plus they might add some extras.
Thing is, when they announced the R2, they said they had just submitted (and cleared) the original unaired pilot to whatever code offices would be appropriate for it to be included on the DVD ... but they haven't said anything, one way or the other, about it being on the disc or not.

But I notice it's *not* mentioned in the R1 announcement. I'd rather have a R1 too, but if the difference is the pilot, I'd take the R2.

Crocker Jarmen 08-02-04 05:45 PM

I'd like for the pilot to be included, but it wouldn't disappoint me too much if it isn't. The pilot is pretty much the same as the first episode, and large parts of it are shown in the documentary on the Season1 DVD.

Peep 08-02-04 07:09 PM

Anyone know what the R1 packaging is going to be like?

JuryDuty 08-02-04 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Peep
Anyone know what the R1 packaging is going to be like?
If they follow tradition, it will be identical to the R2 packaging...

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Numanoid 08-02-04 11:25 PM

Originally posted by zutroy
"...the full "If You Don't Know Me By Now" music video by lead character David Brent."

Sold. This was priceless.

Agreed. That music video is worth $25 by itself. :lol:

TheV 08-03-04 12:45 AM

If the R2 is better then I'll reorder that. But knowing I won't have to wait a year to know is fine. I'll just wait til both are out to compare.

I doubt TEACHERS will ever come to the US. We have a greater chance of seeing SPACED. But Teachers isn't exactly an easy fit for American audiences. It's too Eurocentric IMHO. I love it...but there is so many UK comedy that never crosses the pond. Sadly.