Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

2004 Olympics coverage... would you buy it on DVD if it were released?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

2004 Olympics coverage... would you buy it on DVD if it were released?

Old 08-25-04, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would really like uninterrupted coverage of each event. NBC should offer it based on each sport Like a track and Field set, a boxing set, beach vollyball etc. It would be pretty coo. They could include the medal ceremonies, interviews, and their sappy human interest stories.

I would also appreciate an uninterrupted look at the opening and closing ceremonies with option of multiple angles.

It could be a pretty sweet set.
Old 08-25-04, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
nope, I'd watch it once and never again.
Old 08-25-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
I'm hoping NBC would release the women's beach volleyball games.

I'd seriously get that
Old 08-25-04, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
Only if its 30 hours of Jennie Finch including behind the scenes locker room action.
Kerri Walsh and Misty May would be nice too.
Old 08-25-04, 05:54 PM

The only part of any Olympics I might be interested in watching again is the opening ceremony, if it's interesting. The R4 Sydney 2000 opening ceremony DVD is on my wishlist, but judging from what little I saw of this year's, I doubt I'd want an Athens one.
Old 08-25-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Originally posted by TomOpus
If NBC did it... no way. I hate the way they've been treating the Olympics.

As Tigger mentioned, if Bud Greenspan did it, I'd get it. Is he still alive and kickin'?
Ditto that . . . as somebody is truely an Olympics' whore, I have been very disgusted by NBC's broadcast coverage. I don't have cable, which you need to have in order to watch anything other than 3 minute bursts of only Americans and anybody beating them down the stretch in swimming, gymnastics, or track events. There is no full coverage or coverage of other events. It's "Triplecast" all over again, pay for it baby!

Although, coverage of the opening ceremonies was either the funniest or most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Bob Costas and that damn Troll doll from the morning show making such memorable comments as "New York Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera is from Panama. And that's about all I have since he is immensely more popular than Manuel Noriega." and having such dignity and grace so as to make fun of the outfits of other nations, in many cases calling them "costumes." Yeah, they were a clASS act all the way.
Old 08-25-04, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Gosh...is it that surprising that so many DVD couch potatoes would have no interest in sporting events? That like asking comic book fans whether they would be interested in dating.

(Just kidding, guys.)
Old 08-25-04, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,258 Likes on 837 Posts
"NBC Olympic coverage" is to Olympic coverage what Gigli is to movies. So that's a no.
Old 08-25-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DieselsDen
Gosh...is it that surprising that so many DVD couch potatoes would have no interest in sporting events? That like asking comic book fans whether they would be interested in dating.

(Just kidding, guys.)
Dude, the olympics aren't sports. It's about seeing a few people move around for 30 seconds and 10 hours of dissecting that particular 30 seconds. Now if you want to talk about football or how much the Lakers suck I'll be in the Sports forum.
Old 08-25-04, 09:41 PM

Well, it depends. If it was full of wrestling, tae kwon do, judo, and table tennis that I missed from their 2 AM coverage shows then yes I'd buy them.
Old 08-25-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Dazed
Nope, The Olympics have always bored me to tears.
Same here man.
Old 08-25-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Well I've for one have been enjoying the Olympics and would like a several disc set of highlights. I especially would like the mini documentaries about the athletes and the history of the games. They just had one about how concentration camp detanees were allowed to have a prison camp olympics. I thought it was a great story.