Reload this Page >

any info on JOAN OF ARCADIA season 1?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-20-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a plan to release the first season on DVD? It was a really successful show in its first season, so it's a no brainer. Obviously it'll get a release, just curious when...

Any rumours or news floating about? Before Christmas, after...?
Old 07-20-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm really looking forward to this release, becuase I missed it the first time around... I have been hearing that the first season might be out aruond mid-september to help boost season two rattings, and so it will be in people's mine because of the emmys.
Old 07-20-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it's in September, then we should be getting an announcement right about.....now.
Old 07-20-04, 02:47 PM

Great show, i've only been able to catch a few on air, but I would pick this one up as well.
Old 10-19-04, 08:57 PM

Latest news from TV Shows On DVD:
Late last month we posted this news item, where we told our readers that, despite rumors, CBS and distributor Paramount did not yet have plans to release Joan of Arcadia on DVD.

Now we have word directly from Paramount that this show is indeed on the schedule for 2005! Something changed during the past few weeks...indeed, probably in the past few days, because this title has just appeared on the studio's tentative 2005 schedule since last Thursday.

CBS/Paramount is working on plans to get two sets out during the 2005 year: a 1st Season set in the first part of the year, and then around mid-to-late September they want to put out the 2nd Season on DVD to help promote the following season of the show.

Please remember that this is very early word, and quite subject to change. Stay tuned, and we'll let you know more just as soon as we can!
This is excellent news. I've been hoping for a release, since I haven't seen half of the first season.