DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ren & Stimpy: Seasons 1 & 2 coming on 10/12

Old 10-08-04, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chicken..... pot..... pie.......

glazed...... ham.......
Old 10-08-04, 06:42 PM

Was the commercial where they were deep frying everything including cars, etc. in the first 2 seasons?
Old 10-08-04, 07:42 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still... This is what I'd like to offer Paramount Home Entertainment for Halloween:
http://www.multiportail.net/jeux.en....ween-1054.html
Old 10-08-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DVD Josh
Something you all are missing - it's possible that the cut footage no longer even exists. John K. said as much in his response. These may be the most complete versions of these episodes possible.
If that were the case that would be one thing but his statement is something I find very confusing and odd as it basically says two seperate things.

I'm as surprised as you are that there are still some edits in the cartoons. Blame Nickelodeon years ago! Don't blame the producers of the DVD.

We put back every scene that I was aware was missing. Nick must have cut more scenes out long after I stopped watching the show.
Maybe I will consult with you to restore the episodes you found that still has cuts and we'll put the missing scenes on a website for you, or run them ouncut on Spkie.

If every show is not completely intact it's because long ago Nick misplaced or lost the originals, but I restored the ones I knew had cuts, ok?
It partly sounds like the producers weren't even aware they forgot to restore all the cut footage. Then he states it is because Nick lost or misplaced them. Then, if it sells well maybe they will go back and fix them.

To deliberately market something with this shows history of being cut as uncut and not taking the steps to honor that and and being completely oblivious to what they even might be trying to restore and then giving conflicting reasons behind it seems odd to me.
Old 10-08-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I was pissed, there's this video store by my house that releases everything the weekend before it comes out for close to the sales price. But, they hadn't gotten R&S yet.

DAMN!
Old 10-09-04, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by baracine
Please note that the website of those corporate bandits (Paramount Home Entertainment) doesn't have an e-mail addresss which could allow them to stay in touch with their consumers or hear their complaints.

What do you expect from a website that spells its own TV show Fraser, "Frasier"?
Um, Frasier is indeed the correct name of the show...
Old 10-09-04, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by Andrew J.
Um, Frasier is indeed the correct name of the show...
You know why that is, don't you? It's because some slimeball Paramount executive has cut the letter "i" from the complete uncut title in the version I saw.
Old 10-10-04, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by emhello
Was the commercial where they were deep frying everything including cars, etc. in the first 2 seasons?
Old 10-11-04, 03:00 PM
Banned

i probley wont pick it up tomorrow but i will eventually.
Old 10-11-04, 03:00 PM
Banned

i probley wont pick it up tomorrow but i will eventually.
Old 10-11-04, 06:29 PM

I'll pick this up eventually, but not tomorrow.
Old 10-11-04, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by Duder
You should pick this up tomorrow.
Old 10-12-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Tomorrow is a good day...I hope I can get that DVD Best Buy is offering with the set. I'm not gonna get up early or anything for it.
Old 10-12-04, 03:02 AM

Originally posted by emhello
You should pick this up tomorrow.
I would, except I'm jobless, and rather low on cash at the moment. But it's on my list of things to get once I have some income again. So I'll pick it up eventually, but not tomorrow.
Old 10-12-04, 03:09 AM

I'll pick you up eventually along with the DVD.
Old 10-12-04, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by ZakVTA
I'll pick you up eventually along with the DVD.
Old 10-12-04, 03:43 AM

Looks like you just got a new job!
Old 10-12-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A couple of reviews..

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...w.php3?ID=6534

http://www.dvdtown.com/review/renand...nd/12952/2407/
Old 10-12-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any word on availability of these sets in stores? The bonus disc at Best Buy? They had maybe 20 to 30 sets at the Best Buy I just went to, with maybe half of those containing the bonus disc. I'm wondering if they are going to go fast like the Friday the 13th boxes.
Old 10-12-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone give more information about the bonus disc. I've heard it described as a 'preview' of Season 3. Running time? Does it have complete episodes? Which ones?

Not that I care much about Season 3, but...
Old 10-12-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up and came to work, so I won't know 'til later, but it says on the box that it contains two episodes from season 3, which my guess is, it will run just under 30 minutes.
Old 10-12-04, 12:39 PM

ok, i hate to say it, but i'm with the naysayers on this one. R&S fans have long suffered for this show, and this "uncut" set being cut is just the latest example.

i also think John K.'s response smacks of BS. in particular, he's discussed the whistling old man in past interviews. i remember him specifically citing this scene as an example of how cuts could actually make the material creepier. if i remember, the old man whistles some Grieg tune.

i'm an R&S fan from the very start, but i've had about enough of waiting for John K. to deliver. i was far too excited by the news of the Spike show, and look how that turned out. he simply ramped up the adult content so high that airing yet again came to a halt. and the ones that did air? that Bakshi two-parter is *terrible* IMO. only Ren Seeks Help has any consistency, and that one is more horror than comedy.

APC led me to one conclusion: Nickelodeon may have actually had a legitimate beef with John K. back in the day. if the material he was delivering was anywhere near APC, then how could anyone have expected Nick to air it?? Film Threat and other sources made it out to be an unfair battle against the playful spirit of a master animator, but i think there was much more to the story.

i'll never forget eps like Stimpy's Invention, but i simply won't follow John K. to the ends of the earth. i've been burned too many times by his distorted take on his battle vs. corporate TV.
Old 10-12-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bboisvert
Can someone give more information about the bonus disc. I've heard it described as a 'preview' of Season 3. Running time? Does it have complete episodes? Which ones?

Not that I care much about Season 3, but...
The bonus disc is 44minutes long and includes two episodes from season 3 - Ren's Retirement & Lair of the Lummox.

MATT
Old 10-12-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by shelland
chicken..... pot..... pie.......

glazed...... ham.......
What he said.
Old 10-12-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts
As I go through this set, I have the biggest, stupidest, shit-eating grin on my face.

These are so much fun, and to miss out on the whole thing just because of a couple minutes that are likely gone forever, seems rather foolish to me.

Just reflect on this: I hardly even notice the cuts, what I notice A LOT more is the tons of re-inserted footage.

You guys are looking at this as a glass 1% empty, instead of 99% full.

You've been warned. Your souls are at stake!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.