DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   HellBoy Director's Cut - Confirmation and Cover Art. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/372800-hellboy-directors-cut-confirmation-cover-art.html)

WillyShatsWig 07-02-04 07:36 AM

HellBoy Director's Cut - Confirmation and Cover Art.

We have some more official details regarding the upcoming Director's Cut of HellBoy:

We finally have official confirmation that Guillermo Del Torro's HellBoy will be released with additional footage, this year, and quite a bit before November 30th.

We know for certain that the HellBoy Director's Cut DVD set will contain an all-new cut of the movie, a new audio commentary and an exclusive Excerpt From The Diary Of Grigori Rasputin.

A HellBoy DVD Gift Set will be released on the same day and will include the Director's Cut DVDs and an exclusive limited edition HellBoy figurine.
You can find the full article and a large shot of the Director's Cut cover art here.

marty888 07-02-04 08:07 AM

Definitely waiting for this one....

teddydogg 07-02-04 09:02 AM

Originally posted by marty888
Definitely waiting for this one....

I am with you on this!!!

Bandit03 07-02-04 09:10 AM

Cool, definately gonna wait for this one

Nagheenanajar 07-02-04 09:21 AM

Great news! However, it doesn't look like it will be a 3-disc as was rumored.

tofu 07-02-04 09:31 AM

Sweet. Looking forward to the gift box with the figurine.

mdc3000 07-02-04 10:27 AM

I'm picking up the first release and will definitely get the gift box... Loved the flick and don't have the patience to wait.

MATT

PublicEnemy#1 07-02-04 11:16 AM

I'm definatly waiting to get this, I can wait for this since it's being released in November. The cover art's sweet.

majorjoe23 07-02-04 11:28 AM

I was going to double dip, but now that I know a release date, I'll probably hold off.

AdamComic2 07-02-04 11:40 AM

Hells yeah. I'll double dip because it looks like it's going to be just the movie while all the extras are going to be on the regular release.

Josh H 07-02-04 11:51 AM

I'll give this a rent to see what the DC does for the movie. I didn't like the theatrical version enough to even think about buying it.

Mike Lowrey 07-02-04 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Nagheenanajar
Great news! However, it doesn't look like it will be a 3-disc as was rumored.
Right. Also listed on the "cover-art" site:

Judging by the artwork, and from snippets that we've heard (which probably isn't ideal grounds for theory), this set looks as if it will be a single DVD, with just the Director's Cut and miniscule extra features. The 2-disc HellBoy Special Edition, that we recently managed to get our mits on, is chock-a-block full of extra features; so this new DC looks as if it will just be an accompanyment to the SE and not the rumoured 3-disc set.
So if you want the big extras, looks like a mandatory double-dip is in order here for the true fans.

Hey, at least it's not like the Underworld - SE and the Underworld - UR DC.

REL77 07-02-04 11:56 AM

Sweet news in deed. I hope its a cool Hell boy Figure ala LOTR style

TylerDurden_73 07-02-04 12:02 PM

I'm suprised columbia/tristar gave us the heads up. Maybe they are listening....

asianxcore 07-02-04 12:17 PM

I really like the cover art. will pick this one up if the price is right :)

darqleo 07-02-04 12:31 PM

All over the gift set like white on rice. I'm pretty sure that Sideshow Collectibles will be doing it (the statue).

Geofferson 07-02-04 01:17 PM

way cool! :up:

OldBoy 07-02-04 01:40 PM

then why couldn't they hold off on the theatrical release and put this in a double or something...why the hell do they have to tempt and do the damn double dip thing. it's ridiculous already..annoucing this even before the first release. when will the madness end!!

Dabaomb 07-02-04 01:58 PM

I think I'm just gonna get the theatrical release if the director's cut doesn't have any special features. Plus, it'll only be $19.99 + Tax - $10 MIR at FYE. I can't say the same thing for the director's cut.

true 07-02-04 02:59 PM

Oh, man, this is exciting, this is the definitive edition?

QuiGonJosh 07-02-04 03:20 PM

mm...Ill probably just get the 2-Disc and be done with it...

Mike Lowrey 07-02-04 03:55 PM

If this DC version is indeed a bare-bones type of thing, Del Torro should have just made the whole thing a 3-disc Deluxe Edition. But then again, the 2-disc SE is targeting J6P. Because why package the TC with the DC on the first release. Who would ever watch the TC? Same thing goes for the LOTR releases, except this time it appears that the horde of special features will be on the initial release rather than the latter.

Jericho 07-02-04 04:12 PM

I get the feeling the DC will eventually get delayed, cause they always seem to

Dr. DVD 07-02-04 04:32 PM

Don't want to double dip, but.....must!

Pelayu 07-02-04 04:39 PM

limited edition HellBoy figurine :banana: