DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Rumor for Arrested Development on DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/370651-rumor-arrested-development-dvd.html)

RKillgore 06-19-04 06:13 PM

Rumor for Arrested Development on DVD

An interview with Katie O'Connell, Senior VP of Comedy Development and Current Programming at Imagine Television, provided some interesting history about Arrested Development. But a scrap of information about a DVD release comes at the end.

Can you comment on when we’ll see a DVD release of Arrested Development?

KO: Hopefully, late summer.
Sounds like a short time span to get it out, but it could be timed to release around the beginning of the new season. But, there's not really any mention of a DVD release other than this interview. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is more than a rumor.

JimRochester 06-19-04 06:25 PM

The show has it's moments. Would be a surprise to come out so quickly.

Decker 06-19-04 06:56 PM

Originally posted by JimRochester
The show has it's moments.
Specifically, every single moment it aired, excluding commercial breaks.

flashburn 06-19-04 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Decker
:thumbsup:

yohansen5b 06-19-04 08:36 PM

agree 100%. Definately stoked about this one.

MrX 06-19-04 09:07 PM

Excellent news!

The best comedy on television right now IMO

copiedline 06-19-04 09:57 PM

excellent show. i'll buy it for sure.

tofu 06-19-04 10:13 PM

Wow, that's fast. I'll definitely be getting that if/when it comes out. Great news.

Groucho 06-19-04 10:20 PM

:lol: That's great. (And true!)

reservoirdog 06-20-04 08:18 AM

At least they're giving this show a chance, as opposed to, say, "Action!"

Of course, the Sunday night time slot (as opposed to Thursday) is a nice touch.

Casey Scott 06-20-04 08:38 AM

Without a doubt the best show on TV right now. I taped the FX marathon of some of the best episodes and watch it constantly! I just wish I had taped two more of my faves: Lindsay ventures into the wetlands for charity and comes back a rotten mess just in time for the bachelorette auction; and another Lindsay spotlight, where she becomes a cage dancer while protesting with environmentalists.

PalmerJoss 06-20-04 08:38 AM

I'm sure we'll see it before the end of the summer, maybe around August or September. My guess would be right around the time that 24 S3 is released on dvd, just in time for the fall season. If the dvd sells well, maybe it will bode well for the future of the show(one can hope).

angryyoungman 06-20-04 12:53 PM

Obviously the reason they would try to get this out so fast is to capitalize on the critical acclaim. Now that people are hearing what a great show it is, they'll be interested to see what they've been missing, and in turn more likely to watch the new season. In short, they're ultimately hoping to boost ratings.

Bronkster 06-20-04 01:06 PM

If it is rumored that the show is coming out on DVD, then it may also be rumored that I will buy it!

JustInsane 06-20-04 01:43 PM

I have three epsiodes on DVD from that the TV Academy sent out for Emmy consideration and they are 16x9. So hopefully when the series gets released it'll be the same.

rvd1083 06-20-04 02:22 PM

There will be a DVD release, but it wont be out until Fall.

WestEndRiot 06-20-04 04:36 PM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
My guess would be right around the time that 24 S3 is released on dvd, just in time for the fall season. If the dvd sells well, maybe it will bode well for the future of the show(one can hope).
actually the 24 S3 set may come later than the previous two. the fourth season doesn't start until January so there isn't a rush like there was for the others.

as for Arrested Development, isn't this sort of an old rumor? i thought someone from Fox confirmed that it was in the works a month or so ago. the point is moot but i was wondering if i was going crazy.

in any event, i will be buying the AD set for sure.

Breakfast with Girls 06-20-04 09:01 PM

ROCK.

calhoun07 06-20-04 09:56 PM

Oh yeah babe!

I was hoping Fox would do something like this. It seems releasing season sets before the start of a new season always helps a show out, both in DVD sales and in ratings for the new season. It's usually a win win situation, and it certainly helped give a tremendous boost to 24 when Fox experimented with that type of marketing a couple years ago. This, if promoted properly, should get the show the proper attention it deserves on TV for season two and a third season should be a no brainer.

Chew 06-21-04 06:14 AM

:up:

Easily one of my favorite comedies right now. Can't wait for the boxset!

Geofferson 06-21-04 08:40 AM

Yeah, great news. This show is great!

LorenzoL 07-20-04 02:32 PM

As per Digital Bits...

Arrested Development: The Complete First Season also debuts on 10/19 (SRP $39.98) on 3 discs, including the unaired pilot episode, audio commentary tracks, deleted/extended scenes, audio of original songs, behind-the-scenes featurettes, video of The Museum of Television & Radio Q&A (with creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast), promos, Easter eggs and more.

tofu 07-20-04 02:36 PM

Cool. I wonder what the Easter Eggs will be.

shizawn 07-20-04 02:38 PM

sweet!

ENDContra 07-20-04 04:17 PM

Specs and artwork here:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1930

I do believe I just splooged myself :)