DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   eddie murphy delerious ever out on DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/365698-eddie-murphy-delerious-ever-out-dvd.html)

astvilla99 05-22-04 10:27 PM

eddie murphy delerious

Did this ever come out on dvd?

ReduxGuy 05-22-04 11:04 PM

No. And I want THIS more than Raw.

It's my house. You know it is, and if you don't like it, you get the (BLEEP) out. I don't give a (BLEEP). I don't give a... I pay the mother(BLEEP)ing bills in this mother(BLEEP). And hey, kiss my (BLEEP) if you don't like it. Yes. Yes, mother(BLEEP), yes.
- Eddie Murphy as his father

MyDixieWrecked 05-23-04 01:21 AM

August 31st RAW comes out although Delirious is much better

astvilla99 05-23-04 01:29 AM

is delerious available on vhs coz i cant find it in australia

palebluedot 05-23-04 02:42 AM

Originally posted by astvilla99
is delerious available on vhs coz i cant find it in australia
Not sure where you would find it on VHS in Sydney mate...but you can get a PAL version from Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...737768-1386829

David Lambert 05-23-04 05:56 AM

It' been rumored that Murphy didn't want Delirious released since he became a father, and didn't want his kids to see him make those jokes.

On the other hand, the same was said about Raw, and it seems to be coming out, so maybe there's hope for Delirious!

I too want Delirious more than Raw, but that won't stop me from buying Raw when it hits.

Oh, and on the third hand, what's to stop his kids from catching the shows via any of the ba-jillion bootlegs running around out there? If the rumor is true, then it's a very bad premise that is keeping him from selling this stuff to the fans legitimately.

cruzness 05-23-04 06:50 AM

I'm definately looking forward to RAW even though like everyone else I still want Delirious more.

josuff247 05-23-04 11:53 AM

I still have my 22 Year old VHS of Delerious, But would pick the dvd up immediately.

JONA99 05-23-04 01:54 PM

Last year I bought a pretty good (bootleg, of course) Delerious DVD off E-bay for 10 bucks. Good cover art, and chapter stops every five minutes. Looks and sounds like VHS, but that's just fine.

I don't think Eddie will let this one get rereleased, not without editing. AIDS jokes don't fly too well these days, especially not from Mr. Daddy Day Care.

Goonee-goo-goo.

MyDixieWrecked 05-23-04 03:02 PM

Maybe hes doing something for the kids now.......I mean come on his brother is just as bad...I am a huge fan of both though. The jokes arent that bad. I mean theyre bound to go over to one of their friends house and watch it there one word hits eddie doesnt want them to watch it... on that note i leave saying this

"suck this and MF and touch my big black stuff and stick it down in your mouth and suck it and suck it" - EM, RAW

TBFL 05-24-04 07:56 AM

Originally posted by josuff247
I still have my 22 Year old VHS of Delerious, But would pick the dvd up immediately.
22 years ago...damn I feel old....

mythmaker18 05-24-04 12:02 PM

I don't think Eddie will let this one get rereleased, not without editing.
Does Eddie really have any say in whether this gets released or not? Unless he bought the video rights from Paramount (or whomever got them from Paramount), I don't think it would really be his decision.

Wasn't "Delirious" produced/owned by HBO (for their "HBO Comedy Hour" series)? I wonder if Paramount's video distribution rights expired which could be why it's still OOP (both the US and UK VHSes were released by Paramount). My guess would be that the rights reverted back to HBO. I seriously doubt Eddie Murphy owns the distribution rights, unless he bought them when Paramount's rights ran out.

mikewendt 05-24-04 10:01 PM

I still have my VHS also, one of the few that still gets use, but would love to see this on DVD soon after RAW hopfully...

Concorde 05-24-04 10:13 PM

I'ma definitely getting Delirious when it finally comes out on DVD. I'll get Raw too. Eddie and Chris Rock are two standup geniuses!

POWERBOMB 05-25-04 01:00 PM

I know Eddie has said in many interviews that he enjoys the direction his career is going. That being said, I still don't understand what he would have to lose in letting this comedic gem released to the masses who want it.

BladeZ 05-25-04 03:39 PM

I forget, which was the one with the Honeymooners skit in it? That's my favorite when I was a kid. I couldnt stop laughing when he did that ... Hummana, hummana, hummana...

Hamburger3 05-25-04 05:08 PM

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
IThat being said, I still don't understand what he would have to lose in letting this comedic gem released to the masses who want it.
If it was released people would get to see when Eddie was funny and not churning out the shit he makes now.

Probably not keen to point that out to people.

POWERBOMB 05-25-04 10:31 PM

Originally posted by BladeZ
I forget, which was the one with the Honeymooners skit in it? That's my favorite when I was a kid. I couldnt stop laughing when he did that ... Hummana, hummana, hummana...
See if I can remember:

Ralph: Norton. Norton pal, how would you like to **** me up the ***?

Norton: I dunno Ralphie-boy.

R: I know you want to Norton. I've seen the way you look at me.

That's all I remember.

mdc3000 05-25-04 10:52 PM

I'm hoping that if RAW sells well, Delirious can't be far behind... I know i"m certainly picking Raw up... damn eddie used to be one funny ************.

MATT

cruzness 05-25-04 11:15 PM

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
See if I can remember:

Ralph: Norton. Norton pal, how would you like to **** me up the ***?

Norton: I dunno Ralphie-boy.

R: I know you want to Norton. I've seen the way you look at me.

That's all I remember.

Ralph: Ya know Norton I've been watchin you. And I know you've been watchin me Norton. You watch me.I know Norton!

Norton: So Ah Ralph what are you gettin at?

Ralph: Norton my friend, how would you like to **** me up the ***? I know you wanna **** me Norton. And you know that I know that you know that I know that you wanna **** me. Now I'm gonna bend over and when I do........start ****ing.

Funny stuff

Malign 05-25-04 11:33 PM

I can't believe nobody mentioned Aunt Bunny!!!! That still makes me laugh just as hard today as it did back in the day.

LORD JESUS CHRIST HELP ME LORD PLEASE JESUS PLEASE!!!

JESUS GOD HELP ME LORD JESUS HELP ME I'M FALLIN DOWN THE STEPS OH LORD JESUS CHRIST PLEASE!!!

MY SHOE!!!!!!!

:)

MrBob 05-25-04 11:40 PM

gooneygunku

bareva 05-26-04 01:13 PM

this is the way i see it.....probably raw is being released first so people can go and buy it and then when delirious is finally decided to be released...of course...people will go ahead and buy it too...that way both raw and delirious are sold and more money is made out of both, cuz if you buy raw first then you gotta have delirious if release after. Some people, like myself like delirious more than raw and if delirious is released first then those who like delirious would only buy Delirious and not raw if released second then "they" wouldnt make as much money as "they would like to. I could be wrong I just see it as marketing would probably see it too.

lol, did i mention raw and delirious too many times lol lol?

flagstone 05-26-04 01:26 PM

Originally posted by Malign
I can't believe nobody mentioned Aunt Bunny!!!! That still makes me laugh just as hard today as it did back in the day.

LORD JESUS CHRIST HELP ME LORD PLEASE JESUS PLEASE!!!

JESUS GOD HELP ME LORD JESUS HELP ME I'M FALLIN DOWN THE STEPS OH LORD JESUS CHRIST PLEASE!!!

MY SHOE!!!!!!!

:)

I'M ONLY HALFWAY DOWN!!!

Of course, the funny part about quoting Delirious is that one of the bits is about white people trying to tell his jokes the next day at the office. :D

POWERBOMB 05-26-04 09:24 PM

Who farted? I was trying not to say something, but somebody broke wind up in here.