DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Chapelle Show: Season 2 Speculations? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/358062-chapelle-show-season-2-speculations.html)

wordtoyamotha 04-12-04 01:01 PM

Chapelle Show: Season 2 Speculations?

Street Date?
MSRP?
Extras?

the narrator 04-12-04 01:51 PM

it's still got a few eps left on TV, and season 1 has only been out for a little while....

I wouldn't expect anything until late summer at the earliest

REL77 04-12-04 01:57 PM

yeah, your a little early, still a ways off

scott shelton 04-12-04 03:46 PM

Hopefully we won't have for the start of season three next year for it.

The way Season 1 sold, Comedy Central should put this out on the shelves ASAP. Chappelle is on fire right now!

Cornelius1047 04-12-04 06:34 PM

My speculation is that all stores will always be sold out.

And people will keep asking for it. Argh.

K

the aftermath 04-12-04 06:42 PM

I think it'll come out 6 months after this season is over with.

Rogue588 04-13-04 02:56 AM

AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE.

bitches.

MrBob 04-13-04 02:22 PM

I wouldn't be suprised to see this one out pretty fast, due to the huge success of the show. Hopefully this dvd won't have any rights issuses that will delay it.

SomeVoices 04-13-04 02:29 PM

Originally posted by Cornelius1047
My speculation is that all stores will always be sold out.

And people will keep asking for it. Argh.

K

So are other people still having trouble finding season 1 like me? I can't find it anywhere, I may just have to order it online.

Rogue588 04-13-04 02:33 PM

Originally posted by MrBob
I wouldn't be suprised to see this one out pretty fast, due to the huge success of the show. Hopefully this dvd won't have any rights issuses that will delay it.
Forgot about that. It's a shame that there were some good performances left off of season one. I hope they straightened it out for this season..

tsohg 04-13-04 03:59 PM

It better have a Charlie Murphy and Wayne Brady commentary or Ima have to choke a bitch :grunt:

harpo787 04-16-04 07:46 PM

I speculate we'll see Rick James, BITCH!

Was anything missing from Season 1 besides some musical performances?

Trinitron 04-16-04 08:58 PM

My speculation is that the word "bitches" will appear frequently on the DVD.

It probably won't be out until just before season 3 premieres.

Get Me Coffee 04-17-04 01:00 AM

I'm rick james bitch!! I F@#!CKED up your couch.

cruzness 04-17-04 07:53 AM

I sperculate that the DVD wil be a splendiferous and monumentous occasion.

bitches.

monkeyboy 08-25-04 12:08 AM

Any updates on this?

p h a n a t | c 08-25-04 03:04 AM

comedy central probably wants to milk every last drop of revenue out of reruns of season 2 before they release it on dvd.

i can't wait, though - i must own the episode with wayne brady! :D

good evening, bitches.

Jackskeleton 08-25-04 03:57 AM

Yeah, CC will really milk the reruns before releasing a dvd. they already know it's going to sell like pan cakes.

Simpson Purist 08-25-04 06:54 AM

The DVD will probably be out shortly before season 3 airs.

jmstipe 08-25-04 07:39 AM

I thought I had heard January. This will be a welcome addition to anyone's collection.

Get Me Coffee 10-21-04 09:40 PM

Chappelle's Show - S1 DVD Passes The Simpsons As #1 All-Time TV-DVD; Celebrates by Announcing Season 2!
Posted by David Lambert
10/19/2004

For Immediate Release:

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW - SEASON ONE
BECOMES #1 ALL-TIME BEST-SELLING TV
SHOW ON DVD WITH 2 MILLION UNITS SOLD

Tops Previous #1 Title The Simpsons - The Complete First Season

HOLLYWOOD, October 19, 2004 - Paramount Home Entertainment and Comedy Central Home Entertainment proudly announce CHAPPELLE'S SHOW SEASON ONE: UNCENSORED DVD box set has become the #1 all-time selling TV show on DVD ever with over 2 million units sold, according to Videoscan and retail sources. It puts the two-disc collection of Dave Chappelle's top-rated Comedy Central series ahead of previous record-holder, The Simpsons - The Complete First Season, which has sold 1.9 million units.

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW - SEASON TWO: UNCENSORED will be released on February 8, 2005. The third season of "Chappelles's Show" will debut on Wednesday, February 16 at 10:30 p.m.ET/PT.

"We already knew 'Chappelle's Show' was one of the funniest series on TV," said Thomas Lesinski, President, Paramount Pictures, Worldwide Home Entertainment. "The unprecedented sales of the DVD underscore its enduring appeal to consumers across a broad spectrum of age, gender and ethnicity."

"Dave Chappelle is one of those incredibly talented artists that comes along every once in a great while," said Lauren Corrao, COMEDY CENTRAL's senior vice president of original programming & head of development. "Every time I have a new personal copy in my office, someone takes it."

Released on February 24, 2004, CHAPPELLE'S SHOW SEASON ONE: UNCENSORED BOX SET DVD features the following: 12 outrageous episodes; audio commentary by Dave Chappelle and series co-creator/co-executive producer Neal Brennan on five episodes and a 30-minute deleted scenes/blooper reel. Other bonus footage includes an extended 20-minute version of the "Ask a Black Dude" sketch featuring comedian Paul Mooney. The Season One DVD features musical guest appearances by Mos Def, David Broom, De La Soul and Blackstar.

"Chappelle's Show" brings Dave's joke book to life, with episodes consisting of sketches, man-on-the-street pieces and pop culture parodies introduced by Dave in a stand-up format in front of a studio audience. Chappelle's unique point-of-view on the world provides a hilarious, defiant and sometimes dangerous look at American culture, including music, movies, television, advertising, current events and everyday life situations. The series, co-created and co-written Neal Brennan (who previously collaborated with Chappelle on the classic comedy, "Half Baked"), also features top musical guests, mostly hip-hop and R&B artists, performing at innovative locations.

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW - SEASON ONE: UNCENSORED DVD BOX SET is presented in full screen and features Dolby Digital Surround. The DVDs are closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2338

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=6264

More info on this show:
Chappelle's Show

p h a n a t | c 10-22-04 04:32 AM

wow, i didn't know it was THAT popular...
way to go dave! you deserve it!

mikewendt 10-22-04 06:05 AM

That's great news!!!

BabiG 10-22-04 11:42 AM

Well it is popular no doubt, but to be fair it was a lot cheaper then Simpsons S1. Simpsons was pretty cheap in it's own right considering the content, but I know I held out (or rather, it wasn't a priority) until I got Chappelle's Show for less then $15, where it was too cheap to resist. I think it was during a DDD 20% off sale and it was ~$12, which is beyond great for 5+ hours of material. Still, two million units is pretty impressive for any TV on DVD show, regardless of price, and especially considering it's a cable show.