DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Universal announces Knight Rider and Sliders sets (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/358012-universal-announces-knight-rider-sliders-sets.html)

RobCA 04-12-04 09:05 AM

Universal announces Knight Rider and Sliders sets

From DavisDVD:

Universal Home Video has just announced two more great - and long-awaited - TV shows for release on DVD. Due on August 3rd are Knight Rider: Season One and Sliders: Seasons 1 & 2. Knight Rider will arrive as a four-disc set featuring fullscreen transfers and Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono audio. The only bonus material revealed so far is the "Knight Rider 2000" TV movie which will be available on disc 4. Retail is $59.98. Sliders will be presented in fullscreen and Dolby Digital Surround and will be spread over six discs. Bonus materials have yet to be announced. Retail is $89.98.

RobCA 04-12-04 09:06 AM

BTW, for those who are wondering:

Knight Rider: Season 1 = 22 episodes
Sliders: Seasons 1 & 2 = 23 episodes

The Knight Rider set seems like a good deal, but Sliders is way overpriced, IMO.

Rob

marty888 04-12-04 09:12 AM

:up: for <b>SLIDERS</b>

:down: for the pricing! (actually, when you compare it to X-Files or Sopranos or Oz, the pricing doesn't look quite so bad, but I was hoping for less.)

LasVegasMichael 04-12-04 09:15 AM

Knight Rider pricing looks good. I would guess, $43.99 at Costco.

Looking forward to that one. Glad they included the TV Movie.

matome 04-12-04 09:22 AM

Originally posted by marty888
:up: for <b>SLIDERS</b>

:down: for the pricing! (actually, when you compare it to X-Files or Sopranos or Oz, the pricing doesn't look quite so bad, but I was hoping for less.)

True but when you compare it to Buffy/Angel...:( I'll end up getting both anyway. What's with the price difference between Sliders and Knight Rider? THey both have the same amount of episodes.

Walter Neff 04-12-04 09:51 AM

I know I've said it about a hundred times before, but where's "The Rockford Files?" Universal promised us this in 2002! It's now 2004! <sigh>

djones6746 04-12-04 10:05 AM

May pass on Sliders for now even though I would not mind having the set. Way too pricey though. :(

Guess I will wait and see what the actual purchase price will be with discounts ala Amazon.com.

Kazuma05 04-12-04 11:10 AM

Originally posted by djones6746
May pass on Sliders for now even though I would not mind having the set. Way too pricey though. :(

Guess I will wait and see what the actual purchase price will be with discounts ala Amazon.com.

Ditto

Mike Lowrey 04-12-04 11:57 AM

For Sliders, I'm guessing about $70 or so.

lisadoris 04-12-04 12:17 PM

Well it's about freaking time on Sliders. Wasn't that set supposed to be released last year? Better late than never I guess so I'll pick it up on the 3rd.

MrBob 04-12-04 03:08 PM

I'll probably just netflix sliders

Altimus Prime 04-12-04 03:51 PM

Knight Rider on DVD. Nice. When I was a kid, I would drop everything and anything to watch that show.

Now I'm glad I only bought a select few of those Columbia House VHS tapes of KR. The premiere, the ones with KARR, the ones with Goliath, the one that started the last season when he gets turned into a convertible and got that "super pursuit mode."

Yeah, it occured to me most of my favorite KR eps involve KITT getting destroyed.

DVDho78DTS 04-12-04 03:55 PM

<strike>How many seasons of Sliders were there? I don't recall there being a whole lot.</strike>

Edit: Found info below. :)

illennium 04-12-04 03:57 PM

Originally posted by djones6746
I'm willing to bet the preorder price with STL will be $56.69.

DVDho78DTS 04-12-04 04:01 PM

Nevermind. Found plenty info on the show here. :)

lisadoris 04-12-04 04:08 PM

Originally posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
How many seasons of Sliders were there? I don't recall there being a whole lot.
5 alltogether: 3 on FOX and 2 on Sci-Fi

DVDho78DTS 04-12-04 04:16 PM

Originally posted by lisadoris
5 alltogether: 3 on FOX and 2 on Sci-Fi
Thanks for info. :)

Jerry O'Connell was around for only 4 seasons. Not sure I'd be too interested in buying the 5th season. I'd be surprised if it didn't come with season 4 though.

Jadzia 04-12-04 04:30 PM

Season 5 of Sliders was really awful.

El-Kabong 04-12-04 05:37 PM

Originally posted by matome
True but when you compare it to Buffy/Angel...:( I'll end up getting both anyway. What's with the price difference between Sliders and Knight Rider? THey both have the same amount of episodes.
And you know - the crazy thing is that Knight Rider SHOULD cost more, with the music clearances that Universal would have to do. And yet somehow it's half the price.

So, no - I'll pass on Sliders (rental, but no more than that) but Gimmie the Knight Rider!

matome 04-12-04 05:50 PM

I'll just pick up the seasons with Kari Wuhrer :drool:

typecase 04-12-04 05:54 PM

[QUAGMIRE] Oh Yeah [/QUAGMIRE] :D

Breakfast with Girls 04-12-04 07:11 PM

I want the Sliders season 1 and 2 set, and <i>maybe</i> 3, but I can live without 4 and 5 (especially as things became so convoluted because of off-screen issues). However, there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for a set of 23 episodes.

Sliders was a show that really could have benefited from a little focus.

moocher 04-12-04 09:00 PM

Liked the early years of Sliders but the price is waaay too high. As with Quantum Leap, I can wait on this set until the marketing folks come to their senses.

Gizmo 04-12-04 09:12 PM

Sliders for sure!

AJP 04-12-04 09:12 PM

Too bad they priced Sliders so high. Would have easily bought the first 3 seasons for Buffy/Angel prices but not at that price.