Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any news on when Gilligan's Island and Green Acres Season 2 will be released?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-04, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any new info on when both Gilligan's Island and Green Acres Season 2 will be released? Thanks.

CP
Old 03-10-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought I had read it on www.tvshowsondvd.com, but I was incorrect.

Edited to correct accidental misinformation.

Last edited by LasVegasMichael; 10-01-04 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-10-04, 02:26 PM

Where exactly does it say on TV Shows on DVD that season 2 of Gilligan is coming? This is awesome news!
Old 03-10-04, 09:22 PM

I didn't see anything there about Gilligan's Island SE 2 either. What are you referring to?
Old 03-11-04, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
There's no word on GA yet.

Guess they're checking sales figures.
Old 03-11-04, 08:22 AM

Would they really put a big "1" on the spine if they had no intentions of doing seasons 2 and 3? It's just wishful thinking.
Old 03-11-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone from tvshows.com told me the early sales indicators look good on Gilligan's Island. I'm definitely looking forward to season 2.
Old 03-11-04, 01:59 PM

Skipper: Gilligan, I can't seem to find a coconut that's big enough for my cap.
Gilligan: You should have gone to the other side of the island and got a jumbo-sized one.
Skipper: I don't think that's very funny.
Gilligan: All I mean is that you're a big guy and got a big head...
Skipper: Gilligan?
Gilligan: And a big heart.
Skipper: Yes....well.....what is it that you're doing?
Gilligan: Making you. (Stuffing a life-sized manican of the Skipper)
Skipper: That's suppose to be me?
Gilligan: Only the bottom half.
Skipper: Come on Gilligan, I'm not this big!
Gilligan: Well Skipper, you said to make it life-like, remember?
Skipper: But I'm not that big Gilligan!
Gilligan: Sure you are.
Skipper: I am not!!!
Skipper: I am not Gilligan!!!
Skipper: I am not!!! (WHACK!)
Old 03-11-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like a lot of others on this board i can be a film snob(or film nazi as my wife calls me) so most wouldn't think i'd be into Gilligan's Island, but i bought Season one and that's all i watched for a week straight. I'm looking forward to season two since a lot of my favorite episodes weren't in season one, which i never knew since i never kept up with seasons on old shows like that.
Old 03-11-04, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by paradicelost
Like a lot of others on this board i can be a film snob(or film nazi as my wife calls me) so most wouldn't think i'd be into Gilligan's Island, but i bought Season one and that's all i watched for a week straight. I'm looking forward to season two since a lot of my favorite episodes weren't in season one, which i never knew since i never kept up with seasons on old shows like that.
I can say the other extreme...Am I really a TV snob, since the majority of what I buy on DVD are old TV shows, owning about 30 sets, and only owning about 5 movies? Hell yeah I love Gilligan, it's fun!
Old 03-11-04, 03:09 PM

I love black and white movies and TV shows, but when it comes to Gilligan's Island, my favorites are the color episodes of season 2 and 3 (1965-67). I think they were more into that fun, silly formula that we all know and love by that time.
Old 03-11-04, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Daniel McKenzey
I love black and white movies and TV shows, but when it comes to Gilligan's Island, my favorites are the color episodes of season 2 and 3 (1965-67). I think they were more into that fun, silly formula that we all know and love by that time.
I agree, the color episodes are more fun, so it's a good thing that season 1 has sold well because it means season 2 will soon be released, and I figure as much fun as season 2 was, it may sell even better than season 1, bringing out season 3 as well
Old 03-12-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I imagining this or not, toward the end of the shows run, could gilligan be seen driving around in very funny looking car-thing. I only saw one episode with that in it and its been driving me nuts. So i just wondered if my childhood mind just dreamt it up one night.
Old 03-12-04, 01:27 AM

Originally posted by paradicelost
Am I imagining this or not, toward the end of the shows run, could gilligan be seen driving around in very funny looking car-thing. I only saw one episode with that in it and its been driving me nuts. So i just wondered if my childhood mind just dreamt it up one night.
Episode #72 "The Producer" with Phil Silvers had Gilligan
driving around in the bamboo car. The book, "The Unofficial
Gilligan's Island Handbook", by Joey Green says this was the
first appearance of this "tropical invention".

From that show- sing it everybody-

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
Do not forget: Stay out of debt;
Think twice, and take this good advice from me,
Guard that old solvency.
There's just one other thing you ought to do,
to thine own self be true.
Old 03-12-04, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would like to see the episode where they are taken to that one island where the 'mad' doctor changes their voices, etc. along with Igor. Wasn't that a two part episode? Was in season 2 or 3? I always liked that one -- along with the music.
Old 03-12-04, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DavidH
I would like to see the episode where they are taken to that one island where the 'mad' doctor changes their voices, etc. along with Igor. Wasn't that a two part episode? Was in season 2 or 3? I always liked that one -- along with the music.
those shows have always stuck in my head. I'd like to see them again too.

I think they did that two different times IIRC.
Old 03-12-04, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
I think they did that two different times IIRC.
Yup, in Season 2, the castaways were taken to the mad doctor's island, and in Season 3 he came to their island.

And from the file of "did you know?", the Mad Doctor was played by actor Vito Scotti who also appeared as the Japanese sailor in 2 episodes of Season 1.

Also, I don't know how legitimate it is, but following is a very interesting link to what the plans might have been for a 4th Season if the show hadn't been cancelled:

partial outline for Season 4

Interesting about Ginger. I've read too that there was a possibility that Vito Scotti would have appeared again in Season 4 as the pirate.

Can't wait for Season 2 on DVD (hopefully with more user-friendly hubs!).
Old 03-12-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by flixtime
And from the file of "did you know?", the Mad Doctor was played by actor Vito Scotti who also appeared as the Japanese sailor in 2 episodes of Season 1.

I remember seeing him on the Andy Griffith Show as a gyspy and on the Dick Van Dyke Show once. IMDB shows he was in a shitload of stuff.
Old 10-01-04, 12:44 AM

Isn't there any news on a date for Gilligan Season 2 release yet?? Can't find anything about it on tvshowsondvd.com either. I guess I am getting impatient for those 2nd season episodes.
Old 10-01-04, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by DavidH
This episode also featured the Castaways Car as they used it to simulate a robbery to take place at Fort Knox. I thought that this episode was the 1st apperance of the Castaways Car and not the Phil Silvers episode.

The color episodes are definitely way better than the color one...especially seeing Dawn Wells in color. Oh Yes...

Old 10-01-04, 11:30 PM

Bob Denver put a blurb on his official site awhile back saying that GI season 2 will be coming in early 2005. That's about all that is known at this time.

The good thing is that most of the surviving cast apparently participated on this release. To what extent I don't know but it'll be more than they did on S1!

The better thing is that a S2 release makes a S3 release likely (unless sales tank which I doubt).
Old 10-02-04, 01:49 AM
Suspended

I read on another forum that GI season 2 is slated for a January release date. I also read that Russell Johnson will record an audio commentary for season two. I hope it's true. Season one is one of my favorite DVD collections.
Old 10-02-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My daughter and I have almost finished season 1 of Green Acres so they'd better get cooking!

I already watched season 1 of GILLIGAN!
Old 10-02-04, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by StrTrkker
This episode also featured the Castaways Car as they used it to simulate a robbery to take place at Fort Knox. I thought that this episode was the 1st apperance of the Castaways Car and not the Phil Silvers episode.

Episode #77 "Ring Around Gilligan" had Boris returning to the island for his Fort Knox plan which was after Phil Silvers had his visit on the Island.
Old 10-14-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to www.tvshowsondvd.com, the street date for GI S2 is 1/11/05

Warner Bros has announced that they're releasing the second season of Gilligan's Island on January 11th, 2005. This 3 disc set (double-sided) will contain all 32 color episodes from the second season (811 mins). The set will sport an English mono track, and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Suggested retail price is $39.98 US and $49.98 CAN. Special features will include an introduction, and commentary.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.