DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Invader Zim coming to DVD

Old 11-06-03, 07:36 PM

Invader Zim coming to DVD

Even though this doesn't interest me, I couldn't see a thread about it, and judging by posts I've read I thought it would probably interest quite a few people here.

As announced in this Anime on DVD thread, Media Blasters have acquired the rights to release Invader Zim on DVD.

"Coming Spring 2004 will be the first of three double disc sets and a limited edition boxed set which promises to send fansí blood racing through their veins like giant radioactive rubber pants."
Old 11-06-03, 11:03 PM

Cool. A friend asked me about a Zim DVD just the other night. I'll have to give her an update tomorrow.
Thanks!
Old 11-07-03, 08:46 AM
Banned

Ugh. I hate Media Blasters. Prepare for price gouging folks.
Old 11-07-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, the box set will have everything the 3 double disc sets has? Or will they all have different stuff? I don't see why they'd need so many discs. How many episodes were there?

Regardless, that box set will be mine. Yes it will.

K
Old 11-07-03, 10:32 AM

This just made my day...
Old 11-07-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Doom!
Old 11-07-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Man.. this is right up there with Star Wars news.. I am tingle inside with DVD gooiness.
Old 11-07-03, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by Revoltor
Ugh. I hate Media Blasters. Prepare for price gouging folks.
? How so? They mostly release anime and their prices are in line with other anime companies.

And they make great, unique boxes. Berserk has a unique fold out where every part of the box, inside and out, had artwork on it. Samurai Deeper Kyo came in a wooden box. Rurouni Kenshin will be released in a bento box. I can't wait to see what they do with Invader Zim.
Old 11-07-03, 12:19 PM

I can't stop the drool! Sucks that i just bought them off ebay. Oh well, I'll have those to watch until the good versions come. I, too, am curious about this box set. I need more info.

I love this show.
Old 11-07-03, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

YES YES YES!

Holy Shit! This just made my day! I can not wait to see what Media Blasters does with this. They never have been one of my fav anime companies, but they do make very unique boxes, besides the ones listed above they had an interesting concept for Magic User's Club that they never went ahead with it though.

Great news!
Old 11-07-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Guess I don't have to keep them on my hard drive anymore. w00t. Now lets see if they also release the unreleased episodes.

Great news, I need this dvd set like I need tacos, or I will Explode!
Old 11-07-03, 01:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

The Tallests will be very upset. But I'm happy.
Old 11-07-03, 03:18 PM

hooooooray, great news, I have only had 4 other dvds that I absolutly had to buy immediatly, and this is another one
Old 11-07-03, 03:24 PM

With the exception of hearing about Fear and Loathing CC and the Kids in the Hall announcements, this is the best DVD news ever IMO!

Do you guys think there is any Family Guy potential in this? In other words, the Zim DVDs sell so well that Nick (or whoever) decides to bring the show back in some form? I know that the creator has said he's through with Zim in the past, but i am not up to date on ZIM news...

Last edited by Fed-Ex Pope; 11-07-03 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-07-03, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by Fed-Ex Pope
Do you guys think there is any Family Guy potential in this? In other words, the Zim DVDs sell so well that Nick (or whoever) decides to bring the show back in some form? I know that the creator has said he's through with Zim in the past, but i am not up to date on ZIM news...
That was one of my initial feelings. I don't know what role Media Blasters would play in that, and if Nick would even go there, but I would like to see someone try to pull something together. Maybe a movie (straight to DVD is fine ). At this point Jhonen may not have much of an interest in pursuing anything further with Zim though. Hopefully.
Old 11-14-03, 01:53 AM
Banned

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/3829.html
Old 11-14-03, 02:11 AM

Here's some info on what they have plan for this release, pig box anyone?

http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=1248
Old 11-14-03, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Woooo hooooo. I'm gonna dance now

Old 11-14-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Q: It has been mentioned that a few of the Invader Zim episodes that aired were edited from their originals by Nickelodeon. Does MB have the unedited versions of these eps and if not, is Nick willling to provide those to you?

We are trying to get the uncut episodes (we already have the unaired ones). Nick has been great about hunting down materials, it just takes some time since everything was archived in L.A.
Old 11-19-03, 01:16 AM
Banned

http://www.roomwithamoose.com/dvd.php

I'm smiling so much it hurts.
Old 11-19-03, 09:47 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

YES!

This has really made my day..

"I love this show"
Old 01-11-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I'm so behind things since I don't read threads in this forum any more. I'm guessing they'll have some (all?) of the unreleased episodes since many (all?) of them were released elsewhere -- ie. "voting of the doomed", "Vindicated", etc. -- got them on my machine but can't get the audio synced. Can't wait to finally erase them from my HD and view them in full screen glory on my TV.

Looks like May 11 is the first disc, but I think I'll hold out for the box set. Still wouldn't mind Adult Swim picking them up for regular airings -- like Futurama, etc.

btw:
Ad:

Box Set mockup:

More here: http://www.badbadrubberpiggy.com/
Old 01-11-04, 08:06 PM

THIS is my favorite cartoon EVER! I can't wait for these DVDs! I'll be first in-line buying these bad boys. May can't come fast enough...
Old 01-11-04, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
Looks like May 11 is the first disc, but I think I'll hold out for the box set.
So does this mean that the box will only come with the eventual box set and not the first volume? Or you are just being patient and waiting for the all-DVDs-with-box version?
Old 01-11-04, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by darqleo
So does this mean that the box will only come with the eventual box set and not the first volume? Or you are just being patient and waiting for the all-DVDs-with-box version?
The way it is going to go, if they follow the conventions of almost every other anime release that has boxes and extras, would be either a vol1 w/box+extras or a last volume + box and extras. Chances are that if the go either of those ways when they eventually release a complete set of the series it won't have the extras. Normally they will reward the people that buy it individually over those who wait until the end becasue they are the ones shelling out the most for the series.

Who really knows at this point though, some of the wording I have seen surrounding this release has been "odd" so I can't figure it out yet.

Either way I am going for the release that has the most LE items and extras.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.