Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Invader Zim coming to DVD

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I know is, I want the box, whether I have to wait or not.
Old 01-11-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most likely you wont have to wait. that is the trend that is going on now a days. box set + disc 1 for a few bucks more then just disc 1 by itself.

I'm buying two!
Old 01-12-04, 02:53 AM

How much do the box sets usually go for?
or any idea how much this one will be?
Old 01-12-04, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Typically anime disc 1's that come with the box usually are only about 5-10 bucks more. the old method was to release each disc monthly or whatever and then at the end they offer them all together with a box. it pissed off people to no end because they would have to wait for the entire series to come out to be able to get it with the box. as of late the model is to offer both one with a box and some goodies in it (shirt, shot glass or what have you) and they go in price depending on what is it.

for Noir and other bigger titles that already have reached a huge fan basis before it's release they add soundtracks shirts and bigger items, but they sell the disc 1 with box and all extra's for roughly 30-49 opposed to just the disc 1 itself for MSRP of 24-29.99.

I'm hoping they don't hike it up too much for IZ, but hell, if they offer any goodies with the box I'm sold in an instant.
Old 01-12-04, 05:21 PM

I can't wait! Aieeee!
Old 01-12-04, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll have to wait and find out what else comes with the box before I decide which to get. Boxsets are cool and all, but not if they won't fit on the shelf. :-/
Old 01-21-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
More news on the set:

http://www.badbadrubberpiggy.com/goo...ews/mm01.shtml

Q: Can you give an approximate date when we can expect to have the ability to pre-order from you?

A: O I don't really know.. I'm guess March or April.

Q: Will fans have the ability to order the box-set right away even though it's release won't happen until all three sets are out?

A: Not until the time comes closer... it's a ways off.

Q: Speaking of the box set, there seems to be some confusion within the fan community about what it will contain. Will the box set be a complete set of disks or just the box and the extra disk to put the assumable already purchased 3 double-disk sets in?

A: The hope is that each box will come with an extras disk contain the audio only episodes redone as animatics, more interviews (maybe commentary for the animatics.. I don't know), the soundtrack or at least a half soundtrack, and any scripts to unfinished episodes. It may contain a toy of sorts in the roof. Aside from the extras, the box will not come with the other DVDs in it (as you will have already bought them and would not need another set).

Q: "Limited Edition" being a relative term, will everyone who wants one expect to have access to one of the box sets? Will the number produced be based at all on pre-order numbers to assure supply for the demand?

A: I don't know yet... that number keeps changing. Stores are getting very interested in the release... so we may have to make more then expected.

Q: If the retail outlets are actually interested in a box-set now, I'd assume they'd want one with all the disks in it (since that's how it's usually done). Do you see two versions possibly being made, one for retail with *all* the disks, and one for direct order with just the extras for the fans who already own the first three releases?

A: No, the box will be sold with only the extras disk in it. Later on we may do a digipack release..

Q: What kind of toy is being talked about for the house box? The Voot? A squeeky pig?

A: Who knows...? I have many wild dreams of cool stuff to place in it. Only time will tell.
Sounds like what Jack was saying.
Old 01-22-04, 07:55 AM

Oh Man! I can't wait for this. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll be able to pick up a box. *stupified with amazement*
Old 02-14-04, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Official cover for vol 1:

Not exactly the best representations of zim and gir, but it certainly is Jhonen.

Anyone have preorder info yet?
Old 02-14-04, 07:20 PM

Hot damn! I want it!!!!
Old 02-14-04, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
Anyone have preorder info yet?
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/62197/4/0/0
Old 02-14-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I must have this!
Old 02-14-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I NEEEEED THIS, I NEEEED THIS OR I'LL EXPLODE!! it happens to me sometimes.

Then thanks to whoever sent me the e-mail about the figures. That made me drool for a good two hours.
Old 02-14-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BTW, Nicktoons (a new channel on my DirecTV lineup) shows ZIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-04, 10:06 PM

Zim figures? Explain!
Old 02-14-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/ccl...wsletter5.html

Old 02-15-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I NEEEEED THIS, I NEEEED THIS OR I'LL EXPLODE!! it happens to me sometimes.

Then thanks to whoever sent me the e-mail about the figures. That made me drool for a good two hours.
That was me.

Old 02-15-04, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well then, you have my many thanks.
Old 02-15-04, 09:27 AM

Best. News. Ever.
Old 02-23-04, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Squee!!!!

Old 02-24-04, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can see the normal vol 1 for preorder at rightstuf and amazon.com but I haven't seen any listings of the SE box or anything like that. Anyone else had different results there or elsewhere?
Old 02-24-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
I can see the normal vol 1 for preorder at rightstuf and amazon.com but I haven't seen any listings of the SE box or anything like that. Anyone else had different results there or elsewhere?
Those are the only etailers I know of that have it up for preorder so far. As for the SE, they aren't going to be releasing it at the same time as vol. 1. I think it is coming out near the end of the releases (vol. 3?).
Old 03-06-04, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Available for pre-order at DeepDiscountDVD for $14.98 here.

K
Old 03-06-04, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by fnordboy
Those are the only etailers I know of that have it up for preorder so far. As for the SE, they aren't going to be releasing it at the same time as vol. 1. I think it is coming out near the end of the releases (vol. 3?).
from everything listed in the above post, it was clear that the first dvd would also come with a box if you choose to buy it with the box. Sorta like the current trend with anime titles where they give you disc 1 and the box to house the future series at the beginning for slightly more $.

To release disc 1 with box after disc 3 is released woulc kinda defeat the purpose.. any link for the info on that? I think the reason why it's not listed yet is because as the above post showed, they were still in the final stages of getting it worked out.. meaning it's way to early to tell.
Old 03-06-04, 06:29 AM

from everything listed in the above post, it was clear that the first dvd would also come with a box if you choose to buy it with the box.
I thought that the quotes made it clear that a Volume 1+Box was not going to happen. The second question explicitly states that the box "release won't happen until all three sets are out", and then later you have:
Aside from the extras, the box will not come with the other DVDs in it (as you will have already bought them and would not need another set).
And,
A: No, the box will be sold with only the extras disk in it. Later on we may do a digipack release..
Which both say, to me, that the the box will only have the extras disc in it, and no volumes + box, as everyone will have already purchased the first three releases.

It's not a common method of release, but it has been done before (Pioneer did a box + extras release for Hand Maid May, CPM did a box + bonus disc release for Now and Then, Here and There.) I don't know why Media Blasters would choose that route, but it reads to me like that's what they're doing.

Last edited by Jlbkwrm; 03-06-04 at 06:32 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.