DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Eerie Indiana - Tommorow?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/322995-eerie-indiana-tommorow.html)

Which Button? 10-09-03 10:21 PM

Eerie Indiana - Tommorow??

When i go to the stores tommorow will it be there? I'm assuming it will be. Because i'm really looking forward to getting this.

Has anyone reveiwed it or seen it yet?

LBPound 10-09-03 11:08 PM

You know what they say about assumptions. Seriously, I'd wait until DVD Planet or some place puts up cover art or changes the status to "Now Shipping within 24-48 hours", or something to that effect. It's highly suspect that this would 1) be released on a Friday and 2) only turn up at a couple of etailers a few weeks before release date.

Brent L 10-09-03 11:55 PM

I know I'm behind, but whatever.

Is this just a disc with a few episodes on it, or what?

DataZak 10-10-03 01:15 AM

I took a quick look at www.tvshowsondvd and couldn't find any news on an upcoming Eerie, Indiana release.

HOWEVER, it is listed in the DVD Releases section with the release date 10/10.

But the year is 2000. Yup, 2000. Not 2003. I guess someone wanted this series so bad, he/she saw the year wrong (I'm referring to another eerie, indiana thread which I don't have the time to link right now).

Which Button? 10-10-03 08:33 AM

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
I know I'm behind, but whatever.

Is this just a disc with a few episodes on it, or what?

Nope its the complete series. All the episodes.

fnordboy 10-10-03 09:57 AM

Originally posted by DataZak
I took a quick look at www.tvshowsondvd and couldn't find any news on an upcoming Eerie, Indiana release.

HOWEVER, it is listed in the DVD Releases section with the release date 10/10.

But the year is 2000. Yup, 2000. Not 2003. I guess someone wanted this series so bad, he/she saw the year wrong (I'm referring to another eerie, indiana thread which I don't have the time to link right now).

I started the other thread. And I did because I got an email from TVSHows on DVD that day about this release.

Looking at the site and the release you are referring to, it is the old release that you are referring to that had only 3 episodes, that was released in 2000.

Interesting thing is that they seem to have taken down the other listing. It was called Original Cast: Eerie, Indiana if I am remembering it right. I can't find it on the site at all now (maybe I am just missing it), I don't have the email here (at work) so I wont be able to check the link in the original email until tonight.

Which Button? 10-10-03 12:35 PM

Ok i went to the Store today to get it keeping my fingers crossed and i was dissapointed as it was not there and dosen't look like it's coming soon.

I don't know about the rest of you but i'm so sad. I'm been waiting for this for years. We have to make sure this gets released.

This can not be a tease we gotta show BMG we want this.

Please go here

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=1329

And Please Vote, But like i said before don't vote more then once as it screws things up.

Gizmo 10-10-03 01:13 PM

I think it was an error. The first release was on 10/10/2000... Oh well.

fnordboy 10-10-03 01:21 PM

What pisses me off is that TVShowsOnDVD obviously took the listing down but never sent out another email saying that they had erroneous info (or posted a news item about it on the site).

Did they just take their info from DVDPlanet??? They still have it up for order (not released yet)

devilshalo 10-10-03 01:25 PM

Julie Condra :drool:

Half-Joey 10-10-03 01:43 PM

I use to love the show, how many eps?

Which Button? 10-10-03 02:05 PM

I asked about it and i just got an email that said.

"t's not coming...at least not right now. "

This is the most dissapointing news so please lets get this released on DVD.

Please help by voting at TVSHOWSONDVD.

Which Button? 10-12-03 12:07 PM

It still may come out in 2004. But we need to tell them we want this. So please vote for it.

fnordboy 10-14-03 01:51 PM

an update...sorta

Well TVShowsonDVD emailed with another update, here is the news posting:

Eerie Runaround
10/14/2003

Some of you may have received the news of the complete set of Eerie, Indiana which was supposed to have been released on 10/10. This release news came out of nowhere, so I tried to look into it with BMG. When my calls weren't returned, I went ahead and posted the information, only to take it down a week later when I received work from BMG that the set would not be released anytime this year, and 2004 at the earliest. Fine, the set isn't coming out.

Eddie Brock, a visitor to our site, emailed BMG Special Products and got news that the set WAS being released, and to check at Amazon.com. There's no listing at Amazon for the set, so I called the person Eddie received an email from. She said that she's seen finished product, but wasn't able to tell me who would be selling it, and referred me to the person who told me it wasn't coming out.

This is the strangest experience I've had with a studio, and it makes me a little bit mad. The person who told me it isn't coming is someone I've met in person, so he knows who I am and what the site is all about. It's almost like they don't want consumers to buy the set so they won't release any information on it.

All I can say is don't hold your breath for this release before 2004, but it sounds like something is coming for the show. The whole situation sounds like an episode of the series.
So hopefully we will see it soon....who knows though at this point.

MrE 10-14-03 02:56 PM

Very strange...almost e-e-r-i-e....

Which Button? 10-14-03 04:29 PM

I just hope it comes out all so if I have to wait until next year i'll wait no biggie.

Burnt Alive 10-18-03 10:18 PM

More Eerie Indiana weirdness...

And to add more strangeness to this already confusing saga, Deep Discount DVD now has a listing for this.
DDD link for EERIE INDIANA-ORIGINAL CAST

WTF is going on here?

Which Button? 10-19-03 01:31 PM

Has anyone tried to order from these places?

garymickd 10-22-03 06:48 PM

DVD Planet is now listing this as "In Stock".

fnordboy 10-22-03 10:30 PM

Originally posted by garymickd
DVD Planet is now listing this as "In Stock".
Now I am just confused :hscratch:

Here is the link:
http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...981&format=DVD

bdhart 10-23-03 11:31 PM

Eerie Indiana is listed at DDD for $45.78, which is $18 cheaper than DVDPLANET at $63.71. I ordered it from DDD on 10-22 and the status shows it will ship on 10-26.

Gizmo 10-23-03 11:39 PM

Man, whats up with this?

reallyill 10-27-03 04:25 PM

Just got an e-mail from DDD saying mine has shipped! Looks like this is out afterall... at least that's what I'm saying until I get the single old dvd in the mail for a price of $46 that is...

Which Button? 10-27-03 04:54 PM

What's DDD?

garymickd 10-27-03 05:12 PM

I got it in the mail today from DDD. I ordered it Wednesday morning and it shipped Thursday.

There are 19 episodes on 5 discs. From the episode list at epguides.com only the unaired episode #20 "The Jolly Rogers" is missing from the set.