DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Bad Day at Black Rock (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/318981-bad-day-black-rock.html)

Kube 09-19-03 10:45 PM

Bad Day at Black Rock

Any news about this one?

It's an excellent movie. I would love to hear John Surges commentary that he did for Criterion. I realize that's very, very unlikely.

Ky-Fi 09-20-03 08:00 AM

I don't have any news, but this one is near the top of my list, too. What a fantastic movie--even thought it's set in the 1940's, I rank this as a classic Western. A restored anamorphic widescreen DVD of this would be awesome.

Geofferson 09-20-03 11:35 AM

I've forgotten all about this flick. Spencer Tracy in one of his finest, later performances. No news on a DVD though. :(

William Fuld 09-20-03 01:58 PM

It's coming next year. It was one of the titles Warner Bros. allowed AOL-users to vote for to be released in January. It wasn't one of the winners, but all of the titles that were listed are coming at some point in 2004.

ETILIM19 09-21-03 10:46 AM

this film is amazing and deserves a classy release - the suspence and atmosphere of the film is quite excellent. It should have won a place in the aol poll - we woz robbed. Alas it will be out later next year.

Hendrik 09-21-03 02:45 PM

"...we woz robbed..."

...erm... this is an almost fifty-years-old movie... what difference does it really make whether it gets a DVD release this year, or next (or 2005, for that matter)...?...

...there are a lot of even older (and "younger"), just as interesting/special/amazing/classy/entertaining, etc. movies (IMNSHO, of course!) that are deserving of a DVD release (e.g. ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM, LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN, THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY, CAPTAIN FROM CASTILE, MGM's version of GASLIGHT, the original (1935) MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY, MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS, to name just a very few personal favorites)...

...whine and whinge, whine and whinge...

. . . :o . . .

ETILIM19 09-21-03 06:26 PM

its just it is one of my favourite films and it wasn't picked by the voters - it was just joke british expression. Don't take everything that is said on the board seriously man.

g 09-21-03 07:05 PM

what were the other winners. i never saw the results. I voted

William Fuld 09-22-03 04:04 PM

The winners were: Days of Wine and Roses (1962), Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1932 and 1941 versions), The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946), The Wind and The Lion (1975), and Where the Boys Are (1960).

The others were: The Actress, After the Thin Man, Another Thin Man, The Asphalt Jungle, Bad Day at Black Rock, Executive Suite, Finian's Rainbow, For Me and My Gal, The Good Earth, I'll Cry Tomorrow, Love Finds Andy Hardy, Night of the Iguana, Somebody Up There Likes Me, and Ziegfeld Girl.

g 09-25-03 12:21 AM

thanks

Flay 08-31-04 02:57 PM

Any news on this title?

William Fuld 08-31-04 03:29 PM

Looking at that old post of mine the only titles from the "other" list that have been released so far were done as part of collection sets. Asphalt Jungle was included in the Film Noir set and For Me and My Gal and Love Finds Andy Hardy were in the Judy Garland set. So maybe the remaining films are being held back until they can be promoted/packaged with other titles.

msbailey 08-31-04 04:05 PM

Oh, how I wish people use a question mark in their thread titles when they asked a question.