Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Gay themed film: transfer quality - reviews - recommendations - etc 4

Hey Giles, I'll have to watch that one.
Old 09-21-11, 08:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Hey Giles, I'll have to watch that one.
let me know what you think of the Uncle Mel shower scene - it's both erotic and insanely funny.
Old 10-02-11, 11:35 PM

not really home video "film" related but definitely gay themed, I just saw over the weekend the new Alan (History Boys) Bennett play: 'The Habit of Art' - having it's US premier engagement at DC's Studio Theater - and one of the actors looked awfully familiar - my friend and I had a collective 'Oh' moment - "the character of Tim is played by Queer as Folks 'Justin': Randy Harrison ... oooohhh"
Old 05-27-12, 09:35 PM

just watched a truly wretched movie called 'Get Your Stuff' about a gay couple who want to adopt a baby but get two kids for 'one night' as a favor for their caseworker (... chaos ensues) - what follows is truly horrible movie, the script, the acting, is beyond cringe inducing and half way through I just started doing my own MST3K riffing on it. It scores no points for plausibility and just comes across a crass R-rated after-school movie of the week. It tries to do two things at once, being a comedy AND a drama - which it fails on both levels... miserably.
Old 05-30-12, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles

just watched a truly wretched movie called 'Get Your Stuff' about a gay couple who want to adopt a baby but get two kids for 'one night' as a favor for their caseworker (... chaos ensues) - what follows is truly horrible movie, the script, the acting, is beyond cringe inducing and half way through I just started doing my own MST3K riffing on it. It scores no points for plausibility and just comes across a crass R-rated after-school movie of the week. It tries to do two things at once, being a comedy AND a drama - which it fails on both levels... miserably.
I remember getting that from netflix a couple of months ago - the only reason I think I was able to sit through the whole thing was because I had a very nasty cold and I was high on cold medicine. All I remember was about it is thinking that the video quality was worse than a DVD.
Old 05-30-12, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I remember getting that from netflix a couple of months ago - the only reason I think I was able to sit through the whole thing was because I had a very nasty cold and I was high on cold medicine. All I remember was about it is thinking that the video quality was worse than a DVD.
yes that too. it didn't help adding more amateurishness to the overall film. Reading the Netflix reviews is more fun than the actual movie

another movie similar in premise but done 50 times better is Patrik Age 1.5

Old 05-30-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
yes that too. it didn't help adding more amateurishness to the overall film. Reading the Netflix reviews is more fun than the actual movie

another movie similar in premise but done 50 times better is Patrik Age 1.5

Sadly I find that with a lot of the gay themed movies out there - especially the ones available on netflix instant watch. I've actually been actively avoiding Patrik, because of "Get your Stuff", but your the second person to recommend it to me, It's on the netflix queue haha.
Old 05-30-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts