Reload this Page >

Release Updates, Frequent Topics, Newcomer Help

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Release Updates, Frequent Topics, Newcomer Help

Old 07-29-04, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Languages in Rergion 1

Hello everyone.

Where can I request or complain about the "spoken languages" option for the DVDs Region 1?

They always have English (which is 100% correct), and French. However, they do not have "Spanish" (which is the second most spoken langauge in NorthAmerica ( Region 1).

The biggest minority in US are the Latin (Spanish). There are around 20 times more spanish persons than French in Region 1, including Montreal, Toronto, etc.

Miami, and LA, for example, are two huge cities were spanish is basically the most spoken language there.

However, the Region 1 DVD movies dont have spanish language but sub-titles only. In fact, they may not even have sub-titles in spanish.

Whom I need to talk or send an email about this?
Thanks
Old 07-29-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure. To be honest with you, you should probably start a new thread on that vs. asking that question here. Many of the old timers that might know the answer, don't always look at this thread.
Old 09-14-04, 05:07 AM
Cool New Member

Another stupid question

What does "share some love" + e-mail address mean?

I see ppl often "asking for love" and posting their e-mail adds...

What is that all about?
Old 09-14-04, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon has a system that when a person buys a dvd they can send a 10% discount off that item to others. It's called share the love.

The person receiving the discount gets 10% off the shared item and the person sending it gets that 10% discount they shared applied to their account to be used on a future purchase.
Old 09-14-04, 05:44 AM
Cool New Member

Thank you! :-)

Will check out Amazon for more info...
Old 09-15-04, 01:43 AM
Cool New Member

One more question:

At Amazon.com web-site it says:
1) "You can only receive one Share the Love credit for any item that you have purchased. Even though you may refer multiple friends to an item, only the first person that purchases the item will generate a credit for you."

2) "You may claim multiple Share the Love credits towards a single order, but each Share the Love credit must be utilized within 30 days of your referee's order being shipped. Any unclaimed Share the Love credit will disappear from your account 30 days after your friend's order has been shipped."

Isn't there a contradiction? First it says that I can get a credit only from a FIRST one who purchase "shared" item within 7 days.

Then it says that I can "claim multiple Share the Love credits towards a single order".

I don't get it... (my English not too good probably)
Old 09-15-04, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The first part means that even if you share the love with 50 people and all of them take advantage of it that you will only receive 1 10% discount credit to your account.

The second part means you can use more than one discount credit you may have accumulated on a single order. For example, say you have shared the love on 3 seperate orders and received your 10% discount for each. You can then combine all three of those discounts and apply them to one future order.

Lastly, when your send a share the love discount to someone they have 7 days in order to use it or it expires. If you receive a share the love discount because someone ordered using your love then that expires 30 days from the time that their item is shipped so make sure you use it before it does.

And your English is very good. Probably better than mine and I don't have an excuse.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and someone will probably be willing to help if they can.
Old 12-20-05, 11:50 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Is there a "One and Only How Many DVDs Do You Own" thread? My wife was wondering how the size of our collection compares to other posters' collections and my answer ("Bigger than some, but quite a few people have significantly bigger collections") didn't satisfy her.* This must be a frequent topic, but I can't seem to find the right thread, so I'll ask here and hopefully someone will point me in the right direction.

* Please refrain from witty comments involving the phrases "size of my collection" and "didn't satisfy her." This isn't Otter, you know!
Old 12-23-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
Is there a "One and Only How Many DVDs Do You Own" thread? My wife was wondering how the size of our collection compares to other posters' collections and my answer ("Bigger than some, but quite a few people have significantly bigger collections") didn't satisfy her.*
I found these:Believe it or not, I had never counted until recently when someone saw my shelves and asked how many there were. I counted 902.
Old 12-23-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another option is to browse the site statistics at DVDSpot. A little under 5000 collections listed and it lists the 100 largest.
Old 02-06-06, 02:59 AM
Cool New Member

I heard there is a JAMMXKIDS DVD being released in March of this year, for those of you who don't know they're a hip hop group mainly for kids, so if you have a kid who loves hiphop this is definatly something worth checking out. the official site is www.jammx.com
Old 02-07-06, 08:36 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hi, everyone, I'm new on this forum and I can't find any way to post a new topic, so I guess I'll just have to post my query here. On March 14th, 2006, 20th Century-Fox are releasing the DVD of the 1960 CinemaScope Biblical drama THE STORY OF RUTH. But I can't find out any information as to whether or not it's going to be released in widescreen. Amazon.com is no help. They have the DVD on their site, complete with illustration of the cover, but as usual are short on details about the disc. It would be pointless my ordering it off amazon if it's only going to be a re-package of the old pan and scan VHS video transferred to DVD. I already have the video and it wasn't very well transferred, with some of the pan and scan scenes shown squeezed, especially at the beginning. Does anyone know if the DVD will be in 2.35:1 widescreen? Thanks in advance. David in England, UK.
Old 02-07-06, 10:56 AM

From what I can see, The Story of Ruth is going to be presented in widescreen but I can't find information on what the aspect ratio is going to be. Hope this helps somewhat.
Old 02-07-06, 11:11 AM

I hope you're right, dkny75, about it being released in widescreen. Fox are issuing the DVD of FIVE WEEKS IN A BALLOON (a 1962 CinemaScope film) on the same day and it really would be a wasted opportunity on the part of Fox not to have the films transferred to DVD in their original widescreen format.
Old 02-17-06, 04:00 AM

According to the Fox Home Entertainment site, which I've just found while surfing the net, The Story of Ruth is being released in widescreen. So I've just pre-ordered the DVD off amazon.com.
Old 03-07-06, 11:22 AM
Cool New Member

Hey,
thanx for the opportunity to the new users. how do i get to download from the links specified in the different replies and also is there anyway to beat the firewall.
The following users liked this post:
Trevor (03-09-20)
Old 03-08-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hailmyname
Hey,
thanx for the opportunity to the new users. how do i get to download from the links specified in the different replies and also is there anyway to beat the firewall.
Welcome. Thanks for joining us.

I would recommend going into the Tech Talk part of the forum and starting a thread. It will tend to get more views from people that can answer your question than the FAQ thread.
Old 04-03-06, 07:54 PM
Suspended

I know how to embed images in a post that are already on the Net by linking to their url. But can I upload a .jpg file directly from my computer to my post?
Old 06-04-07, 11:48 PM

Where to find out? A list of companies that routinely watermark, brand, logo, whatever you want to call the little obnoxious bug on the screen reminding you of the vendor who packaged the movie you're watching. Platinum Disk does it, Mill Creek does it, and the name recognition works - I will no longer buy anything from either of them.
Anyone know of a definitive list of who does and who doesn't?
Trevor (03-09-20)
Old 06-24-07, 04:09 PM

Anyone know when The Sopranos - Season 6, Part 2 is coming out?
Trevor (03-09-20)
Old 06-24-07, 11:50 PM

Thank you JimRochester. I need this.
Trevor (03-09-20)
Old 07-19-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OOps.....

Last edited by ernestrp; 07-19-08 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-08-08, 07:47 PM

anyone know if/when the dvd for red roses and petrol is coming out? it was a small indie film i saw this summer...really good. anyone see it?
Trevor (03-09-20)
Old 10-09-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chattycathy
anyone know if/when the dvd for red roses and petrol is coming out? it was a small indie film i saw this summer...really good. anyone see it?
Originally Posted by bobraskin
Any one know if there are any pland to release The Fall Guy: The Complete Season 2 i cant find the info anywhere
Both of these are candidates for their own thread. You'll get more responses.
Old 04-23-09, 08:22 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Release Updates, Frequent Topics, Newcomer Help

JR,
I think you need to update the "Still Waiting For..." list... "Howard the Duck" is out!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.