DVD Talk vegetarians Click here to visit this social group

Non-Vegetarian Friendly Vegetarian Recipes?

Old 02-07-09, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Non-Vegetarian Friendly Vegetarian Recipes?

Out of curiosity, do you guys have any good recipes that seem to be popular even with meat lovers? Doesn't really matter whether it's a snack food or a full-blown meal, but I'm especially looking for some good, filling meals that would satisfy non-vegetarians. Any flavor, style (Italian, Mexican, etc), or spice level would be great!
Old 02-10-09, 09:32 PM

Re: Non-Vegetarian Friendly Vegetarian Recipes?

Probably one of my favorite dishes is tortilla de patatas, which is basically a Spanish omelette. There are many different ways of preparing it, but basically, in a skillet you fry some onions and sliced or diced potatoes in olive oil, then add beaten eggs. Once set and done on one side, you flip them over and cook until done on the other. The beauty of the dish is that it's equally tasty hot or cold, making it ideal for all seasons and nearly any occasion.
Old 02-11-09, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I've thought about incorporating potatoes in an omelette, but haven't tried it. That sounds delicious -- do you use Russet potatoes or Idaho? Red or White onions?
Old 02-13-09, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My favorite veggie meal is a pasta made with spinach, red onions, mushrooms and cream. Use penne pasta, every one I have made it for loves it. Fry the diced onion, and sliced mushrooms, add the spinach (I usually just used chopped frozen) and some salt, then add the cream and bring it up to temp. Stir in the cooked penne....yummm. Not exactly the healthiest meal in the world though.
Old 02-16-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

How about hearty vegetarian chili?

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
My favorite veggie meal is a pasta made with spinach, red onions, mushrooms and cream. Use penne pasta, every one I have made it for loves it. Fry the diced onion, and sliced mushrooms, add the spinach (I usually just used chopped frozen) and some salt, then add the cream and bring it up to temp. Stir in the cooked penne....yummm. Not exactly the healthiest meal in the world though.
Yeah, but it sounds great.