Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Tarzan Collection slipcover needed/general question about finding slipcovers, etc.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Tarzan Collection slipcover needed/general question about finding slipcovers, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-18, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, new member here with a question about finding a specific slipcover and another general question about finding slipcovers, etc.

Does anyone have a slipcover/outer box for sale for The Tarzan Collection starring Johnny Weissmuller DVD box set Warner put out, or know where I can find one?

Also, is there a general place where things like missing slipcovers, replacement art or cases, etc. can be found? Or do we need to post on sites like this and query individually?

Thanks for any insights/input anyone might have! This is the first time I've found myself in need of something like this.
Old 05-22-18, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Tarzan Collection slipcover needed/general question about finding slipcovers, etc

I think this is gonna be difficult, as that DVD set is long out of print and even complete, used sets are hard to come by. Additionally, I find that most owners don't take good care of their stuff, so even if the disks and inner cardboard is "like new", the sleeve is likely to "very good" at best. There's no trick. Unless you can find a private collector willing to sell, it's going to be EBay and similar sites. Of course, if the price/condition are right, you could buy a full, second set, keep the sleeve and resell the rest.

Artwork is likely the same unless you're willing to compromise and download print it yourself. There are a number of sites with high-res downloads available for free or for a small charge.

Cases are easier if it's not too obscure. A web search will point you to sites like Casetopia, BluRaysForEveryone, USPlastic, ULine, SleeveCityUSA, BagsUnlimited, and a number of others. And there's still EBay/Amazon. Sadly, too many merchants sell wholesale only.

Hope that helps. And welcome to the board.
Old 05-22-18, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tarzan Collection slipcover needed/general question about finding slipcovers, etc

Originally Posted by thetao
I think this is gonna be difficult, as that DVD set is long out of print and even complete, used sets are hard to come by. Additionally, I find that most owners don't take good care of their stuff, so even if the disks and inner cardboard is "like new", the sleeve is likely to "very good" at best. There's no trick. Unless you can find a private collector willing to sell, it's going to be EBay and similar sites. Of course, if the price/condition are right, you could buy a full, second set, keep the sleeve and resell the rest.

Artwork is likely the same unless you're willing to compromise and download print it yourself. There are a number of sites with high-res downloads available for free or for a small charge.

Cases are easier if it's not too obscure. A web search will point you to sites like Casetopia, BluRaysForEveryone, USPlastic, ULine, SleeveCityUSA, BagsUnlimited, and a number of others. And there's still EBay/Amazon. Sadly, too many merchants sell wholesale only.

Hope that helps. And welcome to the board.
Hey thetao, thanks for the reply--it does help, quite a bit! The list of sites to find cases is especially useful.

I hear you about how most owners don't take good care of their stuff; it's probably just people like us on these kinds of boards that actually care about that. I still have DVDs from 20 years ago (and CDs from 30 years ago) that hardly looked touched, even though I play them regularly. I'm sure others on this list can relate.

It bugs me a little that I have an incomplete Tarzan set, but at the end of the day, I'm mainly happy just to have the films in my collection. I doubt these will go to Blu-ray any time soon, so this is going to be the best format to watch them in for some time to come.

I'm happy to be on board! Thanks again.