DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Where to get Viva replacement cases?

Old 11-06-11, 04:55 PM

Where to get Viva replacement cases?

I must have around 10 of those repackaged TV series box sets (see "Fox TV gets smaller" thread), and half of them are cracked.

Does anyone know where to get these? (go to the viva-onetime website)

won't let me post urls or images.
Old 11-07-11, 10:15 PM

Re: Where to get Viva replacement cases?

I'm familiar with the site, and if you search this forum and the one at http://www.hometheaterforum.com , you'll find several threads on the topic. (I started one, too.) The consensus is that we're all out of luck. Viva apparently doesn't sub-license their case designs, meaning you must buy directly from them. And buying from them means placing an order in the 10's of thousands.

The only ray of hope is that Viva Blu-Ray cases are hitting the market. There is a thread here on this topic, and one seller is http://stores.casetopia.com . I phoned them once and asked about DVD cases. The owner said he must get the Blu-Ray cases from a secondary source, and that he's had other inquiries about DVD cases. But he didn't leave me with any optimism. I suggest that you (and anybody else who wants real Viva cases) phone him, too, and maybe all the inquiries will yield results. Personally I'd buy a few 4x clear cases, a few 8x or 9x clear cases, a few 2x face-on-face black cases with the smooth interior, and maybe 25 2x black cases with the swing arm.

I actually have a couple ideas for twisting Viva's arm, but live in an apartment and don't have a spare bedroom, which is likely what I'd need for storing all the merchandise, if Viva responded positively and I was going to have a proper go at this.

Sorry for the bad news...