DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

I need your help DVD talk community

Old 03-13-11, 09:39 AM

I need your help DVD talk community

I recently purchased a blu-ray from amazon from a seller. When it arrived... it arrived with the top open where you could completely slide the movie out, watch it, and slide it back in the wrapping.
This made me suspicious when it arrived like that because I wonder if somebody watched it and put it back in the case. The white security label with the movie title on it is still there at the top (the same top that was open) but there's only one of them on there. So the movie could still be cracked open and slide out.
I question whether I should get my money back because I was told I'd get a sealed movie in the product description.
I dont want to be gotten over on so I would like the input of this community.
I contacted the seller and they said the seal broke during the sealing process... I dont know how much I'd even buy that because if that was true, wouldn't somebody see it and send it back tot he line to be sealed again?
I want to make the right decision so I'd like you alls opinion on this.
Old 03-13-11, 12:08 PM

Re: I need your help DVD talk community

Was the movie still there? In mint condition? If so I wouldn't sorry about as you got what you wanted. If you paid a premium for it, I might ask for some of it back though.
Old 03-15-11, 05:34 AM

in your opinion what is a premium? I paid 11 or 12 bucks for it.
Also, what is the actual likelihood of sealing becoming undone because of a mistake? I feel it's highly unlikely.
I think I'll negotiate a reduced refund. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-09-11, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Something like this happened to me recently with a marketplace seller on amazon. They advertised a movie as "New," but when I got it, it was obviously re-wrapped and the BD case had deep scratches and some sticky, glue-like material on the outside.

The disc inside was pristine, so I didn't ask for a refund but I did dock them a point on the feedback rating and explained in my feedback that I could tell that they sold me a previously opened movie.

They e-mailed me back, admitted the movie had been opened, and said that they'd give me a $5 amazon GC...IF I'd remove my feedback first. Now I order from amazon practically every week, so I was tempted by this but also somewhat offended that they were effectively trying to buy a 100% feedback rating. And of course, once you remove feedback you cannot put it back later, so I said screw it and left my 4/5 rating there.