DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Need replacement Criterion Blu-ray case (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/581821-need-replacement-criterion-blu-ray-case.html)

big e 11-09-10 05:35 PM

Need replacement Criterion Blu-ray case

I recently bought the Criterion blu-ray of M during the Barnes and Nobel sale and didn't realize until I got home and opened it that the case has a very large crack across the top. I was wondering if anyone on here had a spare one he/she would be willing to sell to me or if anyone knew where I could purchase some?

BillWatkins 11-09-10 06:38 PM

Re: Need replacement Criterion Blu-ray case

You can buy them directly from Criterion. Email Jon Mulvaney on their website.

big e 11-09-10 07:03 PM

Thanks. I just emailed him.

asianxcore 12-13-10 09:25 PM

big e,

Did you end up getting your replacement case? How much is the cost and how quick is the turnaround?

Just bought Cronos (BD) today and the spine was cut in half. Hoping to get a replacement case for it.

asianxcore 12-30-10 04:33 PM

Finally got a response from Criterion.

Getting a replacement case sent in a week or so :)

Flicker 01-20-11 05:05 PM

I would think (and hope) Best Buy would start selling replacement Blu Ray cases.

ValeTudoChokeOu 01-29-11 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 10599803)
I would think (and hope) Best Buy would start selling replacement Blu Ray cases.

They do, though are categorized as PS3 cases.

Not the best price if you're looking for bulk purchases, though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfi...case&cp=1&lp=6

joe_b 11-03-11 06:52 AM

Has anyone here had success buying a replacement cardboard case for one of Criterion's two-disc blu-rays?

I ordered The Night of the Hunter from Deep Discount during their 25% off sale last June. Their packing materials were so flimsy that the case arrived fairly beaten up. I sent it back for a replacement, but the second copy arrived in even worse shape. The plastic trays holding the discs were cracked. I had heard that Criterion had excellent customer service in situations like this, so I sent an e-mail to "Jon Mulvaney" explaining my problem and asking if it would be possible to purchase a complete replacement case for NotH. I received a reply advising me to send them my shipping address and they would take care of it. I gave them my information and heard nothing for three months.

I politely wrote back a couple weeks ago asking if my request had somehow gotten lost in their system. They replied back the next day and apologized, telling me they would send out the "replacement outer-case" the next day. I wrote back to thank them, but mentioned that I needed the complete case -- not just the slipcover. No response. I waited until the slipcover arrived (which was sent first class mail) and wrote them again. I apologized for any confusion and inquired if it would still be possible to purchase a replacement for the inner-case with the plastic trays. Again, no response. If they aren't selling the inner-cases, fine -- but it is slightly annoying that they ignored my message (three times) when I offered to pay.

Kory 11-06-11 02:30 PM

That Jon Mulvaney guy has never replied to me, and I emailed him like three times. Sad face.

joe_b 11-14-11 02:50 PM

Just a follow-up: I received a package this afternoon containing the inner-case to The Night of the Hunter blu-ray. It had been mailed on Thursday, which was over three weeks since I'd last contacted Criterion. Perhaps the cases were on backorder with the manufacturer?

Very pleased to get the replacement, just puzzled why they never acknowledged my later e-mails.