DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Cases (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/576009-real-ghostbusters-complete-collection-cases.html)

Spottedfeather 07-03-10 11:55 PM

The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Cases

I just ordered the Real Ghostbusters complete collection, but something's got me worried. The description on Amazon says that the set has plastic amaray cases. That can't be correct, can it ? Because everywhere else says and shows steelbooks.

SterlingBen 07-04-10 02:22 AM

Re: The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Cases

I think Steelbook is just if you buy season 1. I could be mistaken.

adrenaline78 07-04-10 10:09 AM

Maybe the Steelbooks in that complete collection were the Time life exclusive?? I know I have the steelbooks but I was dumb and figured these would be a limited release.

jjcool 07-04-10 01:14 PM

Ive only seen the season 1 set available in a steelbook, havent seen it in an amaray. Heard they were releaseing season 2 in a steelbook either soon, or in the recent past. I had heard the complete set was steelbooks, and havent heard of them switching, but I honestly didnt think the series set was still available.

hindolio 07-04-10 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 10247132)
I just ordered the Real Ghostbusters complete collection, but something's got me worried. The description on Amazon says that the set has plastic amaray cases. That can't be correct, can it ? Because everywhere else says and shows steelbooks.

unless they changed the packaging, im confident you will receive the same time-life set with steelbooks.

My Other Self 07-15-10 12:42 AM

The SteelBooks are no longer being produced.. they will come in plastic amaray cases.

Spottedfeather 07-15-10 12:53 AM

Where did you hear that ? Everywhere I've seen except amazon says steelbooks.

Spottedfeather 07-16-10 02:23 AM

I just read a review of the plastic cases, and I'm actually hoping I got the plastic versions. They can be replaced, whereas the steelbooks can't. The art is brighter, and the underart (the art on the reverse side of the covers) can be pulled out and seen clearly, whereas the art on the steelbooks is obscured by the plastic of the trays.

Spottedfeather 07-19-10 02:50 PM

Today's my birthday and I got my set. Luckily, I got the plastic versions. That way, if they break, I can't easily get replacements. It's a great set, from what I've seen, but I haven't watched any of it yet. It will probably be a while, too, as I've got a huge pile of stuff going back a few months that I haven't watched ; the complete Fraggle Rock, several 4 movie collections, the complete Exorcist collection, several random movies, the complete A-Team, Rugrats season 1, and a bunch of other stuff.

hindolio 07-20-10 12:20 AM

^ interesting. thanks for the update :D