DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Family Guy - Vollume 7 - Slipcover ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/571771-family-guy-vollume-7-slipcover.html)

wkkunkle 04-02-10 11:04 AM

Family Guy - Vollume 7 - Slipcover ?

Hello All,

I recently rounded out my Family Guy collection, taking advantage of Amazon.com's $14.99 sale on the volumes I still needed.(per this thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/57...me-advice.html).

Unfortunately, however, while volume 7 was pictured online with the slipcover, I received it without. Now, volume 7 looks "out of place" with the other six volumes.

I tried emailing Fox to see if they could send me one, as a courtesy, explaining I own all the other Family Guy volumes and DVDs and how it makes the collection look "off." But, it will probably be a few days (if ever) before I hear back from them.

Anyone know of any brick and mortar retailers (like Walmart, Target, etc.) that have volume 7 with the slipcover (I honestly have never looked before). I know this would be a "your mileage may vary" thing by location ... but, if I know one has it, maybe the others do too ... And, not that I think it is completely ethical .. but, I'd buy and then "realize" I already had that volume and "accidentally" return it without the slipcover ...

Thanks for any advice,

William

Adboy151 04-02-10 11:22 AM

Re: Family Guy - Vollume 7 - Slipcover ?

Yes it would be YMMV as Fox generally only does the first run or so of a DVD with slipcovers, but Volumes 3-7 are $14.99 at Target this week -- thus Amazon matching the sale -- so your best bet would be to try there.

I can't speak to the last part, that's up to you.

wkkunkle 04-02-10 11:25 AM

^ Thanks, Adboy. I'd chicken out on the last part anyway.

I am heading to Walmart today for something else, I'll check in there .. and either return the one to Amazon as "not as described" or make a gift of it to someone else in the family who is also a fan.

Thanks again.

hasslein 04-02-10 02:17 PM

Best Buy recently received a shipment of them that came with the slip, but it wasn't shrinkwrapped on like originally released.

wkkunkle 04-02-10 04:40 PM

Walmart had it, but it was shrinkwrapped on, but the indiviidual DVD was separately wrapped as well.

I know it's not the most ethical of things, but I bought it at Walmart, opened it, took the slipcover and then returned the actual DVD to another Walmart on my way home after hitting up Sam's Club and Hallmart store for a few things ... they didn't blink an eye. The actual DVD itself was still shrinkwrapped / unopened ... it was just missing the slipcover (like the one I received from Amazon). In any case, never done that before and highly doubt I'll ever do it again ... I was so nervous ... LOL. But, I swear (never been checked) I have a touch of OCD and seeing all the other ones with boxes/covers and then that one volume alone ... I would have obsessed on it. :o

On the plus side ... I told Amazon they need to update the description to say you may not get the slipcover, etc. (I didn't know Volume 7 was a single DVD case with 3 discs .. form the photo online, I assumed it was going to be like all the others ... a box with 3 snapcases in it). They wrote me back and at no prompting of mine for any sort of compensation, gave me a $3.00 refund (20% off of the $14.99 sale price).

wkkunkle 04-02-10 04:46 PM

On another note, Amazon did take my comments to heart and updated the product description page (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VFM0ZG/).

The page now has this disclaimer on it:

Packaging artwork may vary. Actual item packaging my vary slightly and is selected randomly at time of shipment.
That's all I really wanted - so someone else doesn't get it and be surprised like I was.

Raye 04-04-10 06:44 PM

I ordered this back a few months ago (I believe it was early January) and had the same problem. Amazon CS mailed me a replacement but it still didn't have the slipcover, so I had to send both of my copies back to them. Amazon refunded me and I had to shell out $5 more on eBay just to get the slipcover. At least I know that next time, I need to jump on buying Family Guy releases as soon as they come out if I want the slipcover.

Spottedfeather 04-05-10 02:54 PM

You should hear back from Fox. I has this same problem. I got the first Night At The Museum without the lenticular slipcover and told them about it and they sent me one.

wkkunkle 04-05-10 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 10089378)
You should hear back from Fox. I has this same problem. I got the first Night At The Museum without the lenticular slipcover and told them about it and they sent me one.

They actually wrote me back today ... and said they won't help me.

RE: Family Guy: Volume Seven‏
Sent: Mon 4/05/10 11:56 AM
To: (wkkunkle)

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not replace slip cover for any DVD’s.

Thank you,

Fox Consumer
Oh well ... got it on my own ... :-\

SterlingBen 07-10-10 12:56 PM

My volume 7 sans slipcase is slowly driving me crazy every time I notice it on my shelf

wkkunkle 07-10-10 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 10258269)
My volume 7 sans slipcase is slowly driving me crazy every time I notice it on my shelf

Glad to know I'm not the only one it would have bothered!

SterlingBen 07-18-10 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by wkkunkle (Post 10258276)
Glad to know I'm not the only one it would have bothered!

I took your advice. Bought it at BB for $20 and returned it to WM for $30, but still a little displeased that they broke away from the art scheme of the rest of the series. Still, looks better than not having it.

Hendersonfan 07-18-10 11:25 PM

I never heard anything back from Fox.

Spottedfeather 07-19-10 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by wkkunkle (Post 10089404)
They actually wrote me back today ... and said they won't help me.

Oh well ... got it on my own ... :-\

That's weird. A while back, I wrote to Fox to try and get a replacement for the lenticular slipcover for Night At The Museum and they sent me one. I wonder what happened to change their minds ?