Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this isn't really the place, but I'm thinking about getting rid of both of my "Pirates" SteelBooks. I took the extra effort of buying the Best Buy bonus discs as well so now they're technically 3-disc SteelBooks, but I never watch these movies, I just don't like them that much. Probably will try and turn them into "Cars" and one other, maybe "V For Vendetta" or "300." We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-23-08, 10:13 PM

Couple of New Steelbooks I got:

Paris Je' T Aime Steelbook

Ultimate Deathtrance Steelbook

skipped: Doctor Who S4 (not a fan)

*Do anyone of you here having a hard time obtaining a pristine condition Paris Je T Aime? I guess its only within my area but it seems that most Bestbuy only stocked 3 of this steelbook and out of this three chances are most were either dented or heavily scratched?
Old 11-23-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
*Do anyone of you here having a hard time obtaining a pristine condition Paris Je T Aime? I guess its only within my area but it seems that most Bestbuy only stocked 3 of this steelbook and out of this three chances are most were either dented or heavily scratched?
I ordered mine during the DD25% sale. I'll post back later and report on the condition.
Old 11-23-08, 11:28 PM
Ram
Banned

I am willing to bet my $5 Car that The Dark Knight Steelbook will be sold out within a couple of hours on December 9th.
Old 11-24-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would disagree. FYE usually gets in a lot of copies of their steelbooks, save for Beowulf and Dragon Wars. When I went their to pick my Indy 4 steelbook, they still had a TON of copies of Iron Man, and that was two weeks after the release.
Old 11-24-08, 05:59 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Originally Posted by howwon
I ordered mine during the DD25% sale. I'll post back later and report on the condition.
My copy of Paris, Je T'aime was okay. It was shipped via DVD Planet. My copy of Death Trance Ultimate had a different story. I received a completely warped SteelBook and yet there was no visible damage to the shipping box. It won't stay flat, it wobbles on flat surface. My replacement copy was just fine. To think of it, I should have taken pictures for memory sake...
Old 11-24-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
My copy of Death Trance Ultimate had a different story. I received a completely warped SteelBook and yet there was no visible damage to the shipping box. It won't stay flat, it wobbles on flat surface. My replacement copy was just fine. To think of it, I should have taken pictures for memory sake...
Someone on SteelBook Hunterz just posted that the copy from HK Flix, has a third disc (trailers).
Old 11-24-08, 08:36 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Originally Posted by howwon
Someone on SteelBook Hunterz just posted that the copy from HK Flix, has a third disc (trailers).
My trailer disc is inside a CD envelope.
Old 11-24-08, 09:15 PM

YES. i went to two best buys. the first, all three had dents in them and/or were ridiculously scratched up. the second best buy, two were crazy scratched up, the third was okay, but on the spine there were slashes, as though they got slashed by a box cutter or something. so disappointing. finally went to a barnes and noble next door and they had a pretty near-pristine copy. i finally settled on that.

but what is up with these steelbooks not being shrinkwrapped? i don't understand it. they're all from the same company... right? and why aren't stores shrinkwrapping them either? seems like an invitation to thieves.
Old 11-24-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pictures of the Ghostbusters set.

The Real Ghostbusters Complete Series

Courtesy of DarkPhantom13.
Old 11-24-08, 10:40 PM

The Real Ghostbusters Steelbook Set
Xage Style:

Old 11-24-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

:
Old 11-25-08, 12:16 AM

I've seen a lot of sexy things in my 28 years of existence....this comes close to the top...that is a beautiful set...

i'm envious of those who will be receiving it.
Old 11-25-08, 07:24 AM
Ram
Banned

Xage, The fifth steelbook hold places for 4 discs or 5 discs?

Awesome Pictures!
Old 11-25-08, 08:13 AM

pro: 5 steelbooks in one set
cool storage box
con: cool storage box hides steelbooks
Old 11-25-08, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ram
Xage, The fifth steelbook hold places for 4 discs or 5 discs?

Awesome Pictures!
Thanks.

The fifth steelbook only holds 4 discs.
Old 11-25-08, 10:07 AM
Cool New Member

These were in pretty good shape at the Best Buy I went to. Sukiyaki Western Django was a different story. They all had at least minor scuffs on the corners, and many were in much worse condition. Pretty ridiculous not to shrink wrap packaging that is so vulnerable to damage. I wanted to send First Look an email expressing my disappointment at this trend, but I do not see an email address on their website. http://http://www.firstlookstudios.com/contact.asp

Last edited by ob1ob; 11-25-08 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-25-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Warning: If you are interested in purchasing ultimate death trance steelbook ask your sales associated or manager to allow you to open the package in front of them!!! Some of these come with three discs, others only come with two. There is no way of knowing what you will get. Best buy had two-disc editions, fye had three-disc editions, but it could be different from store-to-store. If you get it, take it home, and open it, you cannot return it if it only has two discs.
Old 11-25-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the info. i haven't picked this one up yet -- what's on the third disc?

btw, my local bestbuy only had a handful of "Hancock"s. it was a low quantity like the Sex & the City release.

Originally Posted by kstublen
Warning: If you are interested in purchasing ultimate death trance steelbook ask your sales associated or manager to allow you to open the package in front of them!!! Some of these come with three discs, others only come with two. There is no way of knowing what you will get. Best buy had two-disc editions, fye had three-disc editions, but it could be different from store-to-store. If you get it, take it home, and open it, you cannot return it if it only has two discs.
Old 11-25-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by darmok
btw, my local bestbuy only had a handful of "Hancock"s. it was a low quantity like the Sex & the City release.
Yeah I was just going to post this. My store had a lot of 2 disc sets but only about 7-8 steelbooks at 11am today. It was just one facing on the Hancock standup and they were actually behind a regular 2-disc set. So if you want one get it today. Too bad it isn't that great a cover.
Old 11-25-08, 12:41 PM

mine had 11 on the cardboard stand...none by new releases...

pics for those who havent seen the case yet...

Old 11-25-08, 01:06 PM
Ram
Banned

That Hancock steelbook is awesome!
Old 11-25-08, 02:16 PM

Lame that the cover is the same as the non-SteelBook. Wish they would have used the poster art for the cover.
Old 11-25-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BB in San Carlos at 9am only had 8 copies of the Hancock SB. Glad i was able to get one. Still wished they changed the cover art to make it stand out from the standard 2 disc release.
Old 11-25-08, 06:13 PM

Front and back of the "The Contract" Steelbook:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.