DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Old 12-15-09, 09:21 PM
  #726  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,108
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)



PATHETIC!
xage is offline  
Old 12-15-09, 10:37 PM
  #727  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by xage View Post


PATHETIC!
What's the problem? I think it looks nice.
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 12-15-09, 11:52 PM
  #728  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Elizabethton, TN
Posts: 672
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
What's the problem? I think it looks nice.
look at them same size, one says dvd one says blu ray
orion1998_1 is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 07:40 AM
  #729  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Haha, I still don't have a blu-ray, so all I'm seeing is the SD edition.

But yeah, I could see why that would bother blu-ray enthusiasts.
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 08:28 PM
  #730  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 955
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

why even differentiate between BD/DVD if they're the same size? they should've just removed the wording altogether
shyguy1083 is offline  
Old 12-16-09, 09:49 PM
  #731  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 1,600
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Then a dvd owner might accidentally buy the blu-ray version, and vice versa?
canaryfarmer is offline  
Old 12-17-09, 02:22 AM
  #732  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 2,854
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

its just a clear sticker. both steelbooks are exactly the same.
hindolio is offline  
Old 12-18-09, 07:58 AM
  #733  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
adrenaline78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 3,147
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by hindolio View Post
its just a clear sticker. both steelbooks are exactly the same.

I was going to say they were slightly different.. Then I realized it was Xage's watermark! Silly me.
adrenaline78 is offline  
Old 12-18-09, 08:58 PM
  #734  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 955
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by hindolio View Post
its just a clear sticker. both steelbooks are exactly the same.
saw the steelbook in store today. weird to even differentiate with stickers at all then. they should've just done it like the snow white steelbook with the two upc codes in the back. seems like a waste of money to make two different stickers and then run two different sets at the manufacturer. or maybe it doesn't really cost them anything to do that? just seems weird.
shyguy1083 is offline  
Old 12-20-09, 03:35 PM
  #735  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jjcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 6,671
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by shyguy1083 View Post
saw the steelbook in store today. weird to even differentiate with stickers at all then. they should've just done it like the snow white steelbook with the two upc codes in the back. seems like a waste of money to make two different stickers and then run two different sets at the manufacturer. or maybe it doesn't really cost them anything to do that? just seems weird.
This.
jjcool is offline  
Old 12-26-09, 07:03 AM
  #736  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
Re: WOW 12 weeks of disney bluray Steelbooks

Originally Posted by meanz View Post
future shop will have 13 new steelbooks unfortunate for me they are all in bluray
"from october 6th to december 22nd disney will be releasing a new collectable steelbook bluray"
Week 1 snow white
week 2 sleeping beauty
week 3 Pinocchio
week 4 nightmare before Christmas
week 5 ratatouille
week 6 monsters inc and up
week 7 wall-e
week 8 a bugs life
week 9 cars
week 10 pirates curse of the black pearl
week 11 pirates dead man chest
week 12 pirates world's end
that a lot of $$$ if your are planing to collect them all
I was walking through a local Best Buy near me (in Florida) and I saw all these for sale, which I was amazed. They had all of them except, Nightmare, and Snow White. I don't know if anyone elses BB's have them there too much it might be worth checking out. I picked up the Wall-E, Bugs Life, all 3 pirates, Ratatouille, and Sleeping Beauty up. They are all in Blu-Ray
draakki is offline  
Old 12-26-09, 09:24 AM
  #737  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,108
Re: WOW 12 weeks of disney bluray Steelbooks

Originally Posted by draakki View Post
I was walking through a local Best Buy near me (in Florida) and I saw all these for sale, which I was amazed. They had all of them except, Nightmare, and Snow White. I don't know if anyone elses BB's have them there too much it might be worth checking out. I picked up the Wall-E, Bugs Life, all 3 pirates, Ratatouille, and Sleeping Beauty up. They are all in Blu-Ray
Dude check out the HD steelbook thread in the hi def section of DVD talk -

Blu Ray Steelbooks

I posted the complete Disney Blu Ray Steelbooks released from Bestbuy
xage is offline  
Old 01-03-10, 09:25 AM
  #738  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 252
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Is it safe to assume the X3 steelbook has come down in price? I fail to believe i was just lucky enoughe to win one for $53 on ebay.
prozac80 is offline  
Old 01-03-10, 11:26 AM
  #739  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 36,956
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by prozac80 View Post
Is it safe to assume the X3 steelbook has come down in price? I fail to believe i was just lucky enoughe to win one for $53 on ebay.
it's safe.
OldBoy is offline  
Old 01-03-10, 01:30 PM
  #740  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 309
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by prozac80 View Post
Is it safe to assume the X3 steelbook has come down in price? I fail to believe i was just lucky enoughe to win one for $53 on ebay.
Very safe...still feel pretty good on mine, picked it up for like 20 bucks six months ago on Bay, shipping included. HEH.
ScottsdaleSaint is offline  
Old 01-08-10, 07:03 PM
  #741  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 252
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

any idea what the original POTC: At world's end steelbook is worth? Somone is wanting to buy mine but I don't want to rip him or myself off. Nothing on ebay either.
prozac80 is offline  
Old 01-11-10, 11:13 PM
  #742  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 741
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by prozac80 View Post
any idea what the original POTC: At world's end steelbook is worth? Somone is wanting to buy mine but I don't want to rip him or myself off. Nothing on ebay either.
just saw one go on ebay for like 19.xx with shipping
JAYARE is offline  
Old 01-13-10, 08:56 PM
  #743  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 955
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

didn't see anyone list this in any of the most recent posts or on the front page, but best buy US will be getting a steelbook for new moon. looks like it may be part of a pre-sell (like with up/snow white/mj this is it) rather than a day-and-date exclusive. will post more info if/when i get it. source says it should be available on both dvd and bd. hopefully the cases will actually be correctly sized unlike the mj release, but we'll see.
shyguy1083 is offline  
Old 01-14-10, 12:45 PM
  #744  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jjcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 6,671
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by shyguy1083 View Post
didn't see anyone list this in any of the most recent posts or on the front page, but best buy US will be getting a steelbook for new moon. looks like it may be part of a pre-sell (like with up/snow white/mj this is it) rather than a day-and-date exclusive. will post more info if/when i get it. source says it should be available on both dvd and bd. hopefully the cases will actually be correctly sized unlike the mj release, but we'll see.
The MJ DVD steelbook was the correct size.
jjcool is offline  
Old 01-14-10, 02:38 PM
  #745  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 955
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
The MJ DVD steelbook was the correct size.

true. i initially posted in the hd forum's steelbook thread and ended up just copy-pasting without changing it. oops.
shyguy1083 is offline  
Old 01-14-10, 02:52 PM
  #746  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 314
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Hopefully the new moon steelbook is true, these pre-sells are great IMO. I love just buying the case for cheap and that way you can buy the movie wherever is cheapest or not at all like with the MJ steelbook, I don't plan to ever buy the movie but for $5 each I bought a few cases.

If this new moon SB pans out I can think of a few people that I will get cases for gifts and give them the receipt so they can save when they no doubt buy the movie. Me, I will be satisfied just having the case.
komsik is offline  
Old 01-20-10, 04:50 AM
  #747  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,201
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

New Moon 2-Disc (Best Buy) DVD SteelBook Pre-Sell Link is up!

Price: $10.00
Date: Friday, January 29, 2010

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/New+Moon...card&lp=2&cp=1
iNCREDiPiNOY is offline  
Old 01-20-10, 03:58 PM
  #748  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 252
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

so they're pre selling the pre sell card?
prozac80 is offline  
Old 01-20-10, 05:58 PM
  #749  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
Thread Starter
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 36,956
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by komsik View Post
Hopefully the new moon steelbook is true, these pre-sells are great IMO. I love just buying the case for cheap and that way you can buy the movie wherever is cheapest or not at all like with the MJ steelbook, I don't plan to ever buy the movie but for $5 each I bought a few cases.

If this new moon SB pans out I can think of a few people that I will get cases for gifts and give them the receipt so they can save when they no doubt buy the movie. Me, I will be satisfied just having the case.
aren't you paying more if you buy the pre-sell and then buy the movie somewhere else?
and what is the point of owning an empty case?
OldBoy is offline  
Old 01-21-10, 12:37 AM
  #750  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 314
Re: Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part IV)

Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
aren't you paying more if you buy the pre-sell and then buy the movie somewhere else?
and what is the point of owning an empty case?
What is the point of collecting certain Steelbooks at all? Usually the regular or non retailer exclusive version will be cheaper elsewhere if you just want the movie. Obviously I like the case and with the BB pre-sells I can buy the case for cheap and I don't always have to like the movie.

And also not necessarily, with UP it was cheaper for me to buy at BB since I already had some money down and wasn't able to get in on any of the amazon deals...like some others that got paid to take it. But with snow white I had better luck and got the movie so cheap on amazon with refunds it would have cost me more to buy at BB even with my money already down.

So I like the choices the pre-sell provides. Hopefully when the ad comes out they will have in store for $7.50/5.00 like the previous deals.
komsik is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.