Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part III)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part III)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-08, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
What I wouldnt give to have Futureshop ship to the US.
they told me they could, BUT seemed like a lot of work and a crap shoot at best
some thing about finding an address in Canada then adding it to your credit card then contacting FS to add your us shipping address to your FS acccount
Old 09-19-08, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
they told me they could, BUT seemed like a lot of work and a crap shoot at best
some thing about finding an address in Canada then adding it to your credit card then contacting FS to add your us shipping address to your FS acccount
Funny you should mention that.. I got a call from FS to verify my order and gave me a hard time having my ordered shipped to my PO Box address.. They thought it was going to be a problem if the DVD would be too large to ship to it

After 10 mins of trying to explain it's a Canada Post PO box and they would know how to handle, I just got them to ship to my billing address just to get off the phone with the rep..

Now that you mention it, they do allow US in their address system.. In the same note, why can't I order from Bestbuy.com and have it shipped to Canada to get their exclusives?

Also, now that I look over the changes to my order for the Godfather Collection, looks like they applied the 10% customer appreciation discount to their lowered $49.99 price ($44.49)

Last edited by johnsun; 09-19-08 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-19-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hulk Future Shop Exclusive
Release Date: 10/21/08

No cover art announced yet.

Price: $29.99

DVD Features:

Number of Discs: 1-Disc
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Audio:
5.1 Dolby Digital Surround - English
2.0 Dolby Digital Stereo - English
2.0 DVS Dolby Digital Stereo - English
5.1 Dolby Digital Surround - French
5.1 Dolby Digital Surround - Spanish
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Additional Release Material:
Deleted Scenes
Feature Commentary with Director Louis Leterrier and Tim Roth
Interactive Features:
Scene Access
Interactive Menus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distributor: Universal Home Video
Release Format: DVD
Original Release Date: 2008
UPC: 025192008337
SKU: 2156735
Closed Captioned:
Color: Color
Extra Info: Future Shop Exclusive

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...amp;catid=14720
Old 09-19-08, 03:09 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts
"The Incredible Hulk" (Future Shop Exclusive; 1-disc)...10/21/08

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...35&catid=14720

only a 1-discer. too bad.
Old 09-19-08, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Not saying it won't be a 1-discer, but Future Shop is notoriously bad about having correct details on the website.
Old 09-19-08, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Paddy963
Not saying it won't be a 1-discer, but Future Shop is notoriously bad about having correct details on the website.
not really, when they are listed like it is right now. most of their and FYE's are 1-disc and only a handful are 2.
Old 09-19-08, 05:48 PM

sucks that its only a single disc. wonder if there's a chance for a US release as well, now that the canadian is announced.
Old 09-19-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^
The last time that Future Shop got it wrong, was Bee Movie. They still have it listed as a 1-Disc movie.
Old 09-20-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Paddy963
I agree.. Its too early to tell.

Futureshop.ca is inconsistent when it comes to pre-order listings of steelbook exclusive (Last that I remember was the cover art for Terminator Sarah Connors - It took them up to the release date to correct it with the right cover advertised in their site)
Old 09-20-08, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by howwon
^
The last time that Future Shop got it wrong, was Bee Movie. They still have it listed as a 1-Disc movie.
Yeah, I actually remember being pretty happy when I got Bee Movie off ebay and found it was the 2 disc edition.
Old 09-20-08, 07:11 PM

i say they release 3 Dark Knight steelies with these as the covers (a boy can dream can't he?)

Last edited by bdubby; 09-20-08 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-20-08, 09:19 PM

Best Buy US will have a "Sex and the City" STEELBOOK!

I have seen it with my own eyes, and yes, it is a steelbook. I'm not quite sure why Best Buy did not mention specifically that it is a steelbook like they did when they advertised "The Sarah Connor Chronicles." Maybe it isn't made by the company steelbook, but it certainly is one. Just wanted to give the heads-up to everyone on that. I found this out by speaking to one of the people in the media department at my local store that knows me from all my shopping. I asked them about it and they said that they had just received a cardboard display for next week. I asked if he could show it to me, so he brought one out for me to see.
Old 09-20-08, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
Best Buy US will have a "Sex and the City" STEELBOOK!

I have seen it with my own eyes, and yes, it is a steelbook. I'm not quite sure why Best Buy did not mention specifically that it is a steelbook like they did when they advertised "The Sarah Connor Chronicles." Maybe it isn't made by the company steelbook, but it certainly is one. Just wanted to give the heads-up to everyone on that. I found this out by speaking to one of the people in the media department at my local store that knows me from all my shopping. I asked them about it and they said that they had just received a cardboard display for next week. I asked if he could show it to me, so he brought one out for me to see.
i'm not doubting, but i am questioning...you've seen the actual SteelBook or the cardboard cut-out? and did it say "SteelBook" bc it could be another "Bruce and Lloyd" debacle. does it look the Future Shop one?

Last edited by OldBoy; 09-20-08 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-20-08, 11:52 PM

i've seen the actual steelbook. the carboard cut-out i refer to is the 4-sided display case that will house all dvds that they'll probably place at the front of the store on release day. i didn't see the inside because it was sealed, so i don't know if it says "steelbook." at first i was thinking maybe that's why they didn't advertise it as a "steelbook" because it's not made by the company that makes the trademarked steelbook. but that, i have no idea. and it's definitely not a "b&l" issue. it's the same type of steelbook case we've come to know and love. as for comparing it to future shop's, i don't know because i haven't seen anyone post a pic of that.

eta: ok, went to the futureshop website to see what that steelbook looks like. best buy USA's is completely different. it's all pink as opposed to this which is black with pink writing. futureshop's looks like it might be nicer, especially if the title is embossed or shiny, but i guess the US will have to settle.

eta2: looks like bestbuy.com updated their page to reflect the US steelbook!

Last edited by shyguy1083; 09-21-08 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-21-08, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

US Bestbuy.com flyer:

Last edited by snausages; 09-21-08 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-21-08, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone in Canada wants the Best Buy US release of Sex and the City, I can pick them up one and would be willing to trade for a Futureshop Sex and the City. PM me if interested.

EDIT: Also willing to purchase a copy of the Futureshop release from someone via PayPal.

Last edited by kstublen; 09-21-08 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-21-08, 08:35 AM

is this the first time where the us and canada steelbooks are different for the same movie?
Old 09-21-08, 10:08 AM

ewww..pink. guess Canada would be the way to go.
Old 09-21-08, 11:20 AM

is this the first time where the us and canada steelbooks are different for the same movie?
Drastically different, yes. The only one before was a minor difference in the Beowulf steelbook..
Later
Old 09-21-08, 11:30 AM

Pink Steelbook? What I'm saying we are talking about Sex in the city. I think I'm going to go for the Black with Pink lettering. My boys will probably still make fun of me for getting it, but I know they would take my man card for the pink version.
Old 09-21-08, 12:00 PM

I believe is do to two difrent studios releasing the DVD. Universal will release the film in Canada & New Line/Warner Bros. in the US.

Old 09-21-08, 12:24 PM

moved..

Last edited by DarkEyes; 09-21-08 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-21-08, 02:39 PM

Hellsing

Can someone explain the Hellsing deal to me? On DVDAF it shows that the steelbooks are available on several sites, but those sites don't list them as being steelbooks. They just have them as "limited editions" or "special editions." Are they in fact steelbooks? If so, how long do you anticipate them being in print (DD sale, I'm hoping)? I also read that they are being restocked at some stores. Is it worth buying them at a B & M location instead? Also, how is the series on the whole? Thanks.
Old 09-21-08, 04:43 PM
TRC

Originally Posted by Senor Javi
Can someone explain the Hellsing deal to me? On DVDAF it shows that the steelbooks are available on several sites, but those sites don't list them as being steelbooks. They just have them as "limited editions" or "special editions." Are they in fact steelbooks? If so, how long do you anticipate them being in print (DD sale, I'm hoping)? I also read that they are being restocked at some stores. Is it worth buying them at a B & M location instead? Also, how is the series on the whole? Thanks.
There are three versions of the four volumes.

The standard edition contains the episode on DVD in a keepcase.

The limited edition contains the episode on DVD and an extras disc in a steelbook.

The special limited edition contains everything from the limited edition plus a physical extra. For volumes one and three it's a sculpture. For volumes two and four it's an artbook.

When volumes 1-3 were distributed by Geneon the special limited editions were referred to as just limited editions and what are now the limited editions were retailer exclusives. Funimaion has re-released them and given the standalone steelbooks a wide release hence the confusion.

I have noticed that some websites don't seem to label them properly. My advice is to judge by the prices. The most expensive will be the special limited editions and so forth.
Old 09-21-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
ewww..pink. guess Canada would be the way to go.
im actually looking forward to a pink steelbook in my collection. not saying anything about anyone else, but i have no issues with my manlihoodedness

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.