Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part III)

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook™ cases. (Part III)

Old 11-15-08, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Willo007
First Look announces the Hard Cash Steelbook will be released on 03/03/09, Starring Christian Slater & Val Kilmer, Here is the DVDempire link:

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...7879&searchID=

I dont know about Xage, but this looks like a steelbook, oops here I go again Dude, posting another release.

Sorry Xage.
Old 11-15-08, 12:22 AM

And another that I jump to announce a while ago:

Just for you Xage!
Old 11-15-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alright fellow dvd-nerds. lets play nice.
Old 11-15-08, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Maybe it's just me, but is Willo007 coming across like a real asshole right now?

The point is, you have been right and you have been wrong, and perhaps exercising a bit more caution before you jump to conclusions wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I Do apologize for coming across as an ass, but it kind of upsets me the attack by Xage, I am only submitting information with a link as to back up what I am informing, I don't like saying, "here from my source...", Like I stated before, as with any DVD releases, they could change for numerous reasons, I felt like Xage was personally attacking me because a Steelbook that was announced (And Not just by me or DVDEmpire) was canceled.

I Do apologize to my fellow Steelbook aficionados.
Old 11-15-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Willo, you don't owe anybody an apology. some folks here on this thread are unrelentless.
Old 11-15-08, 10:29 PM

to get back on a real topic...

i received Texas Chainsaw Massacre Steelbook, via a steelbook giveaway on another site.

also got Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society steelbook

Last edited by bdubby; 11-15-08 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-16-08, 12:26 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
And another that I jump to announce a while ago:
Just for you Xage!
Willo,
calm down. this stuff leads nowhere. i think the point is you are posting mostly from one company (First Look) from only one site (DVD Empire), both of which have been sketchy until closer to release or actual release date. no harm in just waiting a bit until better details present itself.

Last edited by OldBoy; 11-16-08 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-16-08, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
The same person also said a SteelBook for Wanted on 12/2/2008. Hrm. However, I think he also said "Look for a FYE SteelBook for Wanted/Tropic Thunder on xx/xx/2008". So maybe he's just wanting one like us lol

On a similar not, he also worded Hulk's Target exclusive as "Target - "The Incredible Hulk" 3 Disc Deluxe Edition includes breaking wall packaging and bonus disc with additional content and digital copy." I'm curious as to if Target has a 2, 3 or 4 disc haha.
Sorry, that was me over at DVDFanboy. Of course I had gotten bogus info from the management at FYE and they got wrong info from their higher ups. Only thing I know for sure is the steelbook for "The Dark Knight" is still legit. As for the Target "Hulk" exclusive it was only a 3 discer and I was going off of what the add stated. Although the Target version does have some other content that the other 3 disc sets do not have.
Old 11-16-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by taco5
Sorry, that was me over at DVDFanboy. Of course I had gotten bogus info from the management at FYE and they got wrong info from their higher ups. Only thing I know for sure is the steelbook for "The Dark Knight" is still legit. As for the Target "Hulk" exclusive it was only a 3 discer and I was going off of what the add stated. Although the Target version does have some other content that the other 3 disc sets do not have.

Management at FYE? as in Management from T.W.E.C.'s FYE division? or Management (as in store manager) at a specific FYE store?
Old 11-16-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I Do apologize for coming across as an ass, but it kind of upsets me the attack by Xage, I am only submitting information with a link as to back up what I am informing, I don't like saying, "here from my source...", Like I stated before, as with any DVD releases, they could change for numerous reasons, I felt like Xage was personally attacking me because a Steelbook that was announced (And Not just by me or DVDEmpire) was canceled.

I Do apologize to my fellow Steelbook aficionados.
See how you act and react?

With your 4 recent posts in this thread, you think you are a reliable source to fellow "steelbook aficionados"?

or just a member who cant accept mistake of steelbook misinformation and end up dubbed as an "ass" .

rethink and validate before you post your information because you cannot accept your own mistake.

Last edited by xage; 11-16-08 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-16-08, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Management at FYE? as in Management from T.W.E.C.'s FYE division? or Management (as in store manager) at a specific FYE store?
Store.
Old 11-16-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
Maybe it's just me, but is Willo007 coming across like a real asshole right now?

The point is, you have been right and you have been wrong, and perhaps exercising a bit more caution before you jump to conclusions wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I dont know, I kinda see the asshole as being on the other side of the battle.
Old 11-16-08, 04:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
"can't we all just get along?"
Old 11-16-08, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
"can't we all just get along?"

apparently not, and if thats the case, and i hate to say this, maybe they need to be suspended for a bit.
Old 11-16-08, 06:50 PM
Ram
Banned

Internet = Serious Business

Old 11-16-08, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ram
Internet = Serious Business

Ram, you put a smile on my face!
Old 11-16-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to some of us, steelbooks, exclusives, packaging, my precious, oop titles,... mean the world. yesh. and thats ok.

because in the end, we all do realize and understand that its all just stuff.

something like that
Old 11-17-08, 07:25 PM

Miss a few days from reading this thread, and looks like you guys are having a real party going on in here.

I'm just curious though, why all the hate for a member posting information of a pre-release for a possible SteelBook found at an on-line retailer? I mean, it is pretty obvious, to me at least, that the informatoin was not definitive and that it could be changed as the date of the release approaches.

What is the difference between this and the whole Get Smart SteelBook fiasco? I mean, Speedy posted early on that Best Buy was getting a SteelBook exclusive, and I think someone else posted a scan of the ad. Best Buy had it in their ad and on-line that it was going to be an exclusive SteelBook. When it came out that there was no SteelBook, I don't think I read anywhere anybody hating on Speedy or anyone else for sharing the wrong information. I certainly didn't blame Speedy or anyone else for the lack of a SteelBook or for sharing the information.

Isn't sharing information about what we see and hear about what is being released as SteelBooks what this thread is about? What is the harm in showing other members that a certain retailer has put up a future SteelBook release? I know that the information might later be found to be inaccurate, but that is the risk everyone takes when pre-ordering something anyway, SteelBook or not. Should we not rely on information obtained from other persons because they have shared the wrong information with us? Should we not trust Best Buy anymore because they have already proven they don't know what SteelBook exclusive means? Should everyone posting a potential new SteelBook has been found with a freakin' legal disclaimer? I would have thought the someone simply posting up information they found on-line is not some definitive source, and that due diligence or further inquiry might be required. I guess if I see something on-line and no one else has said anything about it here, I'll keep my mouth shut until release day. I personally wouldn't mind information on a new SteelBook release as early as possible, even if it's not definitive. It at least gives you enough time to research the movie if you know nothing about it, and it doesn't take much to check around to see who else is going to have it and who has the best price. I've missed out on some early on when I started collecting 'cos I didn't have some information that would have proved useful.

"Where's the love, man?"

Just my .02.

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 11-17-08 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
can we just end this in the thread and maybe stick to pm's? we don't need arguing or people's .02. i think the two parties stopped (at least one for sure) yet others keep chiming in. just stop worrying about it and end it. perhaps you guys can even be big people and just delete your posts all together as it just doesn't make sense to continue.
Is that your .02 on the subject? Well, maybe we don't need yours either.

Jeez, I was just pointing out an observation, I didn't mean to act like a "little person." The title of this thread is "Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook Cases," so talking about a potential upcoming SteelBook doesn't seem to be out of place on this thread, but hey, that's just me. I guess if you started the thread, you own it or control it or would like to anyway. I have no intention of deleting my post, it is about a discussion of a potential SteelBook. If a mod thinks it doesn't belong, then they can do as they please.

Oh, and I am on done on this particular topic on this thread. I do hope someone can post some "definitive" news on whether Wanted is going to show up in the US, or any other future SteelBook releases.

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 11-17-08 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
Is that your .02 on the subject? Well, maybe we don't need yours either.

Jeez, I was just pointing out an observation, I didn't mean to act like a "little person." The title of this thread is "Definitive List of DVD's with SteelBook Cases," so talking about a potential upcoming SteelBook doesn't seem to be out of place on this thread, but hey, that's just me. I guess if you started the thread, you own it or control it or would like to anyway. I have no intention of deleting my post, it is about a discussion of a potential SteelBook. If a mod thinks it doesn't belong, then they can do as they please.

Oh, and I am on done on this particular topic on this thread. I do hope someone can post some "definitive" news on whether Wanted is going to show up in the US, or any other future SteelBook releases.
Thats exactly the problem. We have people that come in here with a "holier than thou" attitude that think they run the place. They think they own this message board, when in fact they do not.

The original brouhaha was because someone posted some links to some preorder steelbooks, and someone didnt like the website they were listed on and made a dick comment. He was called on it, and the dust up ensued.

I personally welcome any and all info on steelbooks. I'm a big boy, I realized long ago that "announced" and "available for preorder" dont mean that something is going to actually come out.

I would be interested in some info on a wanted steelbook in the us as well. I think I saw somewhere that there was one coming out in germany in march.
Old 11-17-08, 08:47 PM

There are a few Wanted SteelBooks reported overseas so far, but it might be best to post or check the International SteelBook thread for more info. Thiis thread is dedicated to R1 SteelBooks only. Don't go stirring up trouble there jjcool, you might start one of these:

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 11-17-08 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
There are a few Wanted SteelBooks reported overseas so far, but it might be best to post or check the International SteelBook thread for more info. Thiis thread is dedicated to R1 SteelBooks only. Don't go stirring up trouble there jjcool, you might start one of these:
Who's stirring up trouble? You're the one that asked about wanted steelbooks.
Old 11-17-08, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
Who's stirring up trouble? You're the one that asked about wanted steelbooks.
You know I was just kidding right? I was referring to you mentioning SteelBooks from other regions. Some folks don't like it here on this thread. There are actually several different countries overseas getting a Wanted SteelBook (reportedly), but it looks like it is essentially just two different covers that are going to be used with minor differences (language, ratings logos, etc).
Old 11-18-08, 06:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please cont conversation here http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-co...s-part-iv.html