DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Blockbuster Exclusive DVD cover case (May13th) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/531406-blockbuster-exclusive-dvd-cover-case-may13th.html)

TheDoug 05-12-08 03:18 PM

Blockbuster Exclusive Indiana Jones DVD cover case (May13th)

Hey, this looks great but I believe it's only the case being sold and not the dvds as well: [IMG]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/573...dvdcasesa4.jpg[/IMG]

Retail Price: $49.99 Anyone want to confirm this? :)

Abe. 05-12-08 03:27 PM

Yup, that's the acrylic case being offered at Blockbuster for $49.99 exclusively. It's a bit too pricey, though.

kstublen 05-12-08 06:11 PM

50 bucks is a little too pricey if it doesn't come with the DVDs. I might check it out though.

Gizmo 05-12-08 06:34 PM

Thats a sweet case.

mh4268 05-12-08 06:35 PM

50 bucks is too much. For 20-30 I may be in.

whotony 05-12-08 07:37 PM

nice but 50 bucks, that's too much.

calhoun07 05-12-08 07:40 PM

That BBV case looks OK, but I prefer this:
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/i...dianaJones.jpg

And it's only $30.00, and has space for IV.

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/sequels2.html

shyguy1083 05-12-08 07:48 PM

that looks pretty awesome. i'll wait til it goes on clearance or something. $50 is way too much. but it would look cool sitting on a shelf...

whotony 05-12-08 08:01 PM

that BB case also has room for 4 dvds.

xflexxy 05-12-08 08:36 PM

I love packaging design, and the first case posted is really awesome. If I could tweak it to my own liking and if it was cheaper, I'd definitely get it.

calhoun07 05-12-08 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
that BB case also has room for 4 dvds.

Also compared to the one I posted?

The BB case FAILS. The one I posted a link to has room for the current four DVDs available (first three movies, bonus disc) PLUS room for the inevitable Indy IV.

whotony 05-12-08 10:05 PM

"FAILS"
Is some sort of internet thing that people use now when they think something doesn't work?

the BB one doesn't "fail" it just doesn't have the same
extra space as the aluminum one.

i86time 05-12-08 10:35 PM

"FAILS"
Is some sort of internet thing that people use now when they think something doesn't work?

the BB one doesn't "fail" it just doesn't have the same
extra space as the aluminum one.

And actually, if you take into account the angle of the photo of the BB box, you can see the 4th disc (bonus) doesn't meet with the corner on the lower left of the bottom portion... there is room for a (single disc) Indy IV.

DarthPrime 05-12-08 10:39 PM

That looks really nice, but a little pricey. Might wait until this goes on clearance.

Gizmo 05-12-08 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Also compared to the one I posted?

The BB case FAILS. The one I posted a link to has room for the current four DVDs available (first three movies, bonus disc) PLUS room for the inevitable Indy IV.

"Current four"? You do know that they were discontinued for the new ones that come out, well, in 3 minutes, right?

calhoun07 05-12-08 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
"Current four"? You do know that they were discontinued for the new ones that come out, well, in 3 minutes, right?

No, I did not know that. I don't try to read up on releases of movies I already own. Things are getting too expensive these days to even buy all the DVDs I do want, so I don't worry about the double dipping crap.

And another reason I wasn't aware of this is because the BBV case pictured above shows the "current" four I was talking about.

kstublen 05-12-08 11:38 PM

The more I look at this, the more I can feel my defenses begin to crumble.

Gizmo 05-12-08 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
No, I did not know that. I don't try to read up on releases of movies I already own. Things are getting too expensive these days to even buy all the DVDs I do want, so I don't worry about the double dipping crap.

And another reason I wasn't aware of this is because the BBV case pictured above shows the "current" four I was talking about.

:lol: Its ok. We do have a rather large thread here and its in all the weekly circulars...but its cool. Odd there showing the old releases in there though.

I think I might buy it. Its too cool looking.

kstublen 05-13-08 01:08 PM

I caved and got it. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice.

darmok 05-13-08 01:40 PM

i debated for about a minute and then got one also, LOL. don't want to wait around for a price drop on an item that may or may not be in stock for long. this is a really interesting collectible! it's very rare to just release a DVD "case" by itself at retail. the store i went to only had four in stock, and when i brought it up to the register, the cashier lady didn't even know what it was nor that they had such a thing for sale. there were also other cool Indy things (caps, photo prints, set of 4 plastic tumblers).

whotony 05-13-08 03:54 PM

anyone know the part number.

Subgeniusguy 05-13-08 05:53 PM

I looked at two stores in my area and neither had it. No caps, tumblers or other crap either.

JoeyOhhhh 05-13-08 09:12 PM

I have a bunch of stuff to trade into blockbuster, if they have this case I may use the credit towards buying it.

kstublen 05-13-08 09:45 PM

anyone know the part number.

?

TheDoug 05-14-08 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
I looked at two stores in my area and neither had it. No caps, tumblers or other crap either.

Well, my local store had all that other crap but not the main feature, like the dvd case itself!!! So far it's two days and they haven't gotten it from their supplier. Is this only an East Coast thing? I love it when a store advertises something they don't have. :sad: