Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases. (Part II)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases. (Part II)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-08, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
As it has been announced during AX 2008, FUNimation will handle the distribution on select Geneon licenses. Of which, Hellsing Ultimate will be released once more. Volumes 1-4 in regular and limited editions will be released on 9/16/2008. No additional information has been released for Vol.4 yet.
If this turnout to be another steelbook then it would be the first re-released double dip steelbook in North America
Old 07-07-08, 09:00 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
If this turnout to be another steelbook then it would be the first re-released double dip steelbook in North America
At the moment there isn't enough solid information. If they are steelbooks, I don't expect any changes.

RightStuf.com has listed Hellsing Ultimate, Vol.1 - 4, but there were no LEs. Another site mentioned that they were supposed to be LEs.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage has a LE for Vol.1. There is no word of whether this will be a steelbook release yet. This was originally scheduled to get a steelbook release to house the second season.

I would expect more information to come out in the upcoming weeks.
Old 07-08-08, 07:18 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WTK
As it has been announced during AX 2008, FUNimation will handle the distribution on select Geneon licenses. Of which, Hellsing Ultimate will be released once more. Volumes 1-4 in regular and limited editions will be released on 9/16/2008. No additional information has been released for Vol.4 yet.
Great news! I ordered volumes 1-3 last week and received 1 & 2 yesterday. I just watched volume 1 and really enjoyed it. Glad to will be able to finish this collection.
Old 07-08-08, 07:25 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by sirdizzy
just recently bought a Dune for $27.
Is this getting hard to find? I picked one up at Best Buy a few days ago. I also saw the Viva case version at another Best Buy.
Old 07-08-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ob1ob
Is this getting hard to find? I picked one up at Best Buy a few days ago. I also saw the Viva case version at another Best Buy.
It took me a few months to find in my area. Not sure about other places. I see a few of the Metalpaks, but rarely a Steelbook.
Old 07-08-08, 12:02 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
boy, i got scared there was no Gotham Knight SteelBook.

i went to new releases and all they had was a keepcase version with this wacky, but cool slipcase that the description next to it says special steelbook box art or something like that.

i look closer at it and i guess it is kinda metallic and shiny and thought this was another Bruce and Lloyd mishap. I picked it up bc i was still gonna get it, but i was pissed and got my others and walked around.

thank goodness i noticed in the action section all the new Batman releases because sitting next to the slipcover GK were 3 SteelBooks! (they were also spine side on the rack so i never even would have seen the front, but those spines are distinguishable).

i would have walked out hadn't i just happen by the section, luckily. there was a section that was empty in the new releases and it could have been the SteelBooks and people already got them but i was there at like 10:15 and don't think they could have gone that fast considering no one was in the store yet.
Old 07-08-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
boy, i got scared there was no Gotham Knight SteelBook.

i went to new releases and all they had was a keepcase version with this wacky, but cool slipcase that the description next to it says special steelbook box art or something like that.

i look closer at it and i guess it is kinda metallic and shiny and thought this was another Bruce and Lloyd mishap. I picked it up bc i was still gonna get it, but i was pissed and got my others and walked around.

thank goodness i noticed in the action section all the new Batman releases because sitting next to the slipcover GK were 3 SteelBooks! (they were also spine side on the rack so i never even would have seen the front, but those spines are distinguishable).

i would have walked out hadn't i just happen by the section, luckily. there was a section that was empty in the new releases and it could have been the SteelBooks and people already got them but i was there at like 10:15 and don't think they could have gone that fast considering no one was in the store yet.
Congrats to you Good find! Not sure how sold out they are, but it's been quiet here on the forum. Anyone have pics of the Gotham Knight BB US version compared to the FutureShop Canada version? Anyone can confirm the covers are different?
Old 07-08-08, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by snausages
Congrats to you Good find! Not sure how sold out they are, but it's been quiet here on the forum. Anyone have pics of the Gotham Knight BB US version compared to the FutureShop Canada version? Anyone can confirm the covers are different?
i know the fronts are exactly the same. this is the BB US version...

Old 07-08-08, 12:38 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Not the best scans, but you should get the gist of it...

Old 07-08-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
The UPC is different for Canada.
Old 07-08-08, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks everyone for all the input!

And WTK...the scans look great! I definitely like the cover a lot!
Old 07-08-08, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by howwon
The UPC is different for Canada.
Don't know if it is this way at all the Futureshop stores, but at the one I went to the different UPC is just a sticker. As far as I can tell, the Best Buy USA version is exactly the same as the Futureshop version.

Last edited by Paddy963; 07-08-08 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 08:26 PM
Cool New Member

Batman GK

this copy from bestbuy is the best it has the steelbook + lenticular cover!!
Old 07-08-08, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by meanz

um...yeah, that's only because the pic taker took the slipcase off the keepcase version and i am assuming jammed it on the SteelBook and "got away with something".

Last edited by OldBoy; 07-08-08 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Best Buy didn't have any steelbooks in the new release section, but they had a giant Dark Knight display with all of the new releases in it. They had quite a few in there.
Old 07-09-08, 01:29 AM

I saw the same giant Dark Knight display, and I didn't hit Best Buy until after 7:00 p.m. I counted about 15 steelbooks on the display and 4 on the new release rack.

So, there is no French on the Futureshop one? I'm sure some of you up there are happy about that.
Old 07-09-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by meanz

Are you the same guy that trolls the other forum? for some reason, its impossible to put the entire steelbook in that slipcover

here's mine:

3 new steelbooks for me this week

Last edited by xage; 07-09-08 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-09-08, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by xage

3 new steelbooks for me this week

Hi. What's with the black marker like line across the Gotham Knights case?

I forgot about MonsterQuest on my last deepdiscount order.. I guess I should add it on my wishlist for the next 20% sale..
Later
Old 07-09-08, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
I saw the same giant Dark Knight display, and I didn't hit Best Buy until after 7:00 p.m. I counted about 15 steelbooks on the display and 4 on the new release rack.

So, there is no French on the Futureshop one? I'm sure some of you up there are happy about that.
At first glance, I don't recall any French on the Futureshop version.. I'm still holding off as I would like to get the Bestbuy US version with the characater guide without buying a copy from Bestbuy Canada and the Futureshop steelbook..

I ordered one for instore pickup at the Bestbuy across the boarder, but I'm having doubts if they actually grabbed me a steelbook version.. Do both version have the same SKUs/UPC codes?
Later
Old 07-09-08, 08:00 PM

Hey xage is the monsterquest show any good, I never heard of it before they had a steelbook for it. If the show is any good I might pick up a steelbook of it to watch and where did you get it from.
Old 07-09-08, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by sirdizzy
Hey xage is the monsterquest show any good, I never heard of it before they had a steelbook for it. If the show is any good I might pick up a steelbook of it to watch and where did you get it from.
Theres an episode on The History Channel right now. (its just after 8PM here central time)
Old 07-09-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnsun
At first glance, I don't recall any French on the Futureshop version.. I'm still holding off as I would like to get the Bestbuy US version with the characater guide without buying a copy from Bestbuy Canada and the Futureshop steelbook..

I ordered one for instore pickup at the Bestbuy across the boarder, but I'm having doubts if they actually grabbed me a steelbook version.. Do both version have the same SKUs/UPC codes?
Later
The Future Shop version is entirely in English, front and back cover.

Future Shop UPC - 8 83929 02699 9
Look at WTK pictures for Best Buy USA UPC.
Old 07-09-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Starship Troopers 3

FYE is getting a Starship Troopers 3 SteelBook for August.

Source: WyckedDreamz
Old 07-10-08, 12:27 AM
Cool New Member

has some one get a copy of 10,000bc 3disc in montreal?? the bb site no longer show's it. Paddy963 and howwon what regions did you guys got it from and does your local bb still have them in stock?
Old 07-10-08, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by howwon
FYE is getting a Starship Troopers 3 SteelBook for August.

Source: WyckedDreamz

FutureShop Will Also have it:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...7&catid=14763#

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.