Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases. (Part II)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases. (Part II)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
xage,
why all the X3 hate?
Because I should have not read this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=479643

Should not focused on this:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=278

And Lastly... Scott... if you remember our discussion before.. if you know what I mean.

Last edited by xage; 04-05-08 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-05-08, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by howwon
WOW, US collectors are a sensitive bunch.

On another Steelbook forum, one US collector slammed Canada for also having the Cloverfield Steelbook.
It's just a Steelbook case, what's the big deal.
Which forum is that? I need a good laugh!
Old 04-05-08, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by junyab
and I'm only relaying what I an employee said...bs or not...the release was a total f up!
junyab,

After reading xage's links to those X-Men 3 threads, perhaps, there is some truth to this statemnt by that Future Shop employee.

My source confirmed what was being said on those threads. I was also given additional information but I am not at liberty to post them on the open board.
Old 04-05-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
junyab,

After reading xage's links to those X-Men 3 threads, perhaps, there is some truth to this statemnt by that Future Shop employee.

My source confirmed what was being said on those threads. I was also given additional information but I am not at liberty to post them on the open board.
pm me with the info and ill post it
Originally Posted by Senor Javi
...For those who have never pre-ordered a DVD before, is the $5 you put down included in the eventual DVD price or is it an extra $5 that you have to pay for piece of mind?

Also, with the $5 mail-in rebate, do they send you cash or is it store credit or what? Also, the "Original bar code symbol from the package," is that the "Proof of Purchase" from the back of the DVD? If so, do you send one or both of them?
congrats on the pickup! as for your questions, you get the $5 back when you pickup the dvd, so it really doesnt cost anything. and for a really good primer on fye rebates, please check db27s thread in in the bargain forums:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=509742
Old 04-05-08, 11:58 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by xage
Because I should have not read this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=479643

Should not focused on this:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=278

And Lastly... Scott... if you remember our discussion before.. if you know what I mean.
it maybe 1am here, but quite honestly i am confused. is there something wrong with this SteelBook? mine was perfect.
Old 04-06-08, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598
it maybe 1am here, but quite honestly i am confused. is there something wrong with this SteelBook? mine was perfect.

No There is Nothing Wrong with the Steelbook (X3)

The links I shared where from Memory Lane... It gives some answers on what had happened before with the X3 Steelbook (on its release dates)... and many members here owns it

Actually X3's release in North America was a Major MESS which involves:

1. The Target Exclusive Edition
2. The Special Edition (21 Deleted Scenes vs 10 Deleted Scenes)
3. The Futureshop Steelbook (Which only came in disc despite 2disc slot on its steelbook and I have no clue if it were 21 or 10 deleted scenes)

With Junyab's post referring to X3 which were burned (coming from a Futureshop employee).. thats one possible theory

To be honest Im also inconclusive of X3 in futureshop, but I still stand that there were many scattered in Canada and many many members own it here have a photo proof that they do.

Heck, even the sales people at Scanovo (CANADA) got no clue about. All they thought were its discontinued and its rare ( but they cannot give any reason.. though they give me special promo stuff! but deymm cant post it due to some ********** reasons... ). One thing, I learned from the Scanovo guys... they are thankful in this thread (especially to you Scott! Kudos to you dude)

Oh speaking of sources... as far as sources are concerns... The xage, got a lot! , Hindolio is one of them (dont underestimate that dude.. he got a lot of very very interesting and ahead of sched/streetdate tips given to me)

On my end, I still stand that in North America the rarest steelbook is the APPLESEED GIFTSET (and please, enough with the excuse that there is a non-giftset steelbook, yeah I know.. but Im pertaining to the giftset).

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=476

My 3 Main Reasons!

1. It is the first Steelbook released in R1

2. The Giftset itself is Limited and #d out of 8000 (and the only #d Steelbook set in North America)

3. GENEON (The distributor) is DEAD!

Oh... the catch also on this set... it is EXTREMELY RARE one will get a "Perfect, Secured, Non Dented" Set!

Last edited by xage; 04-06-08 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-06-08, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Senor Javi
For those who have never pre-ordered a DVD before, is the $5 you put down included in the eventual DVD price or is it an extra $5 that you have to pay for piece of mind?

Also, with the $5 mail-in rebate, do they send you cash or is it store credit or what? Also, the "Original bar code symbol from the package," is that the "Proof of Purchase" from the back of the DVD? If so, do you send one or both of them?
I'm just reposting these because I need answers, especially for the mail-in rebate question. Do you have to send in the "Proof of Purchase" with the bar code or what?

Also, I read on another forum that there was going to be a There Will Be Blood steelbook at Best Buy this Tuesday, but I haven't heard any confirmation. Is it true or is the guy just mistaken?
Old 04-06-08, 06:55 PM

It's the Proof of Purchase, including the UPC. If you don't want to cut anything, the price sticker on the plastic wrap that includes the UPC on it is a valid substitute.

Also, the $5 you put down goes towards the eventual purchase price.

And I am pretty sure the guy is just mistaken about "There Will Be Blood."
Old 04-06-08, 07:43 PM

3. GENEON (The distributor) is DEAD!

I'm guessing that we won't be seeing the rest of the Hellsing Ultimate SteelBooks then?
Old 04-06-08, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by wowbagger
I'm guessing that we won't be seeing the rest of the Hellsing Ultimate SteelBooks then?

Funimation might pick what were left by Geneon.
Old 04-07-08, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wowbagger
you mean the last one, the fourth steelbook, right? there are only four volumes no?

...Oh... the catch also on this set... it is EXTREMELY RARE one will get a "Perfect, Secured, Non Dented" Set!
i concur. however, you missed one other defect - mine happens to be secure and pretty clean but a piece of briareos shoulder armor has broken off at least them bunny-looking ears are ok though!

and you give me too much credit xage.
Old 04-07-08, 08:20 AM
TRC

Originally Posted by hindolio
you mean the last one, the fourth steelbook, right? there are only four volumes no?
There have been four volumes released so far in Japan, but the series is still ongoing. It's expected to run for at least ten volumes.

Last edited by TRC; 04-07-08 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-08-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ ah then as mentioned, i hope whoever does take over continues the steelbooks for hellsing. thanks for the info
Old 04-11-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry if asked before, but will CLoverfield be available in the U.S. at FYE?
Old 04-11-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darmok
sorry if asked before, but will CLoverfield be available in the U.S. at FYE?
Yes.
Old 04-13-08, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another US collector is dumping his Steelbook collection on eBay, including six (6) hard to find Steelbooks.

This is interesting, as I have been following his buying habits and he spent a fortune on his collection.

This is the same collector that paid:

Chronicles of Narnia - $129.99
V for Vendetta - $202.19
X-Men 3 - $250.01

Last edited by howwon; 04-13-08 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-13-08, 11:21 PM

Howwon (don't know if you want your real name posted), I just wanted to let you know that I received my package the other day and it was in excellent condition. Thank you so much for everything.

I saved the bubble wrap and the box you send it in, and will likely send your package (once the second item is released) using the same materials, or at least the same bubble wrap, as it's very good quality.

My R1 Steelbook collection is now at 26! (http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...ter=1764058618)
Old 04-14-08, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
Howwon (don't know if you want your real name posted), I just wanted to let you know that I received my package the other day and it was in excellent condition. Thank you so much for everything.

I saved the bubble wrap and the box you send it in, and will likely send your package (once the second item is released) using the same materials, or at least the same bubble wrap, as it's very good quality.

My R1 Steelbook collection is now at 26! (http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...ter=1764058618)
Thanks for the note Kory.

26, man that's massive. Good job.
Old 04-14-08, 02:22 AM

junyab's post got me thinking about the early Future Shop exclusive Steelbook releases. Below is a list of the first ten exclusive releases from Future Shop and their release date.

1. The Chronicles of Narnia - April 4, 2006
2. Underworld: Evolution - June 6, 2006
Just noticed this list from earlier in the thread. Seems so long ago that I got my first steelbook (Narnia), but it's only been 2 years. I remember back then they used to hand them out to you as bought the DVD and seeing people that didn't want the extra case. If only they knew what those would be worth now

I guess that's part of the reason those ones are so rare. The steelbooks were a new thing and not everyone asked for it even if they were entitled. I sure did though, still the best DVD packaging ever IMO.
Old 04-14-08, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got wind of another collector is going to unload his entire Steelbook collection on eBay. The collector is from Canada. He appears to be having a cash flow problem as well.

This is what he might be listing:

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
Death Proof
Pirates of the Carribean At worlds end
The Departed
Mission impossible 3
Bee Movie
Spiderman 3
Ratatouille
The boondock saints
Live free or die hard
Cast away
Hannibal
X2
Man on fire
oceans 13
Superman Returns
Transformers Protect
Bourne ultimatum
Die hard
Old 04-14-08, 03:31 AM

I guess combined he'll get a good chunk of money, but none of those are super rare steelbooks that are worth a lot are they? Most of those can still be bought from Futureshop.ca or in store.
Old 04-14-08, 10:17 AM

just wondering how larger everyones steelbook collections are?

noticed that Kory is at 26.

i'm at 20 right now, and will be at 21 when I receive Bee Movie from and ebay auction.
Old 04-14-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bdubby
just wondering how larger everyones steelbook collections are?

noticed that Kory is at 26.

i'm at 20 right now, and will be at 21 when I receive Bee Movie from and ebay auction.
That's a good size collection. Good job.
Old 04-14-08, 11:08 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
That's a good size collection. Good job.
so how,
you did a dvdspot for just your steelbooks...that is like a really good idea. can we set up 2 DVDSpot Collections (i assume with a different user name)? i may do that if i have time sometime.
Old 04-14-08, 11:38 AM

Scott, all you have to do is add a custom Filter on DVDSpot, and then tag all your SteelBooks with that filter.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.