Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases. (Part II)

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with "SteelBook" cases. (Part II)

Old 06-06-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ram
Does anyone know if X-Men 1.5 is still being sold in the US?

Yes my store has a few as well (NYC)
Old 06-06-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by howwon
^
I have ordered from all three vendors and everything was 100%.

Your question would be better suited in the store forum.
Thanks howwon!
Old 06-06-08, 05:04 PM

Has anybody heard about the WHA Chronicles SteelBook? There are 10K made and each one is individually numbered!! I have been looking on the Best Buy site and don't see anything on there.
Old 06-06-08, 05:22 PM
Ram
Banned

Originally Posted by SBlover
Has anybody heard about the WHA Chronicles SteelBook? There are 10K made and each one is individually numbered!! I have been looking on the Best Buy site and don't see anything on there.
You should try HMV. they have it.

Credit: Junyab
Old 06-06-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SBlover
This does not appear to be a popular titles for B&M stores. I have only seen them at HMV and Wal-Mart Canada. You can always order it online from Amazon.

HMV has the cheapest price at $36.99 ($31.99 if you have $5.00 E-mail coupon).
Old 06-06-08, 09:04 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by snausages
To get off topic from Iron Man for a second, would anyone help me out by sharing their experiences ordering steelbooks from either deepdiscountdvd.com, rightstuf.com, or amazon.com?

I am looking to get Spawn Animated Series steelbook and Appleseed steelbook, but am worried about getting dented or scratched or damaged during shipment items.

I had a recent order with Amazon and both steelbooks came banged up and dented. They are sending replacements but I do not know if they will be better or not. I usually prefer to buy them in the store so I can examine it first, but online has better deals atm.

Thanks so much!
I ordered Appleseed from Rightstuf, Appleseed Ex Machina from Deep Discount and Spawn animated from Amazon recently. All arrived in perfect condition.

Last edited by ob1ob; 06-06-08 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-08-08, 02:10 AM

The closest FutureShop near me found some Transformers Steelbooks since the last time I visited - and by some I mean around 40!
Old 06-08-08, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ob1ob
I ordered Appleseed from Rightstuf, Appleseed Ex Machina from Deep Discount and Spawn animated from Amazon recently. All arrived in perfect condition.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
Old 06-08-08, 12:01 PM

Did anyone pre-oder 10,000 BC STEELBOOK at FYE yet?

The reason I ask is because this is a Warner Bros. title, and history confirms all Warner Bros. Exclusive steelbook have been at BestBuy. I see Transworld is taking pre-orders for the Iron Man steelbook (do in Sept.) wich is a Paramount title (all Paramount/DreamWorks Exclusives have been at TransWorld). I am getting the crazy notion that the BestBuy 2 Disc 10,000 BC Exlusive is in fact the steelbook. Can anyone confirm this?

US Exclusives:

The Departed - Warner Bros->BestBuy Exclusive
Appleseed:Ex-Machina -Warner Bros->BestBuy Exclusive with Comic Book
I Am Legend - Warner Bros-Best Buy Exclusive

Transformers - DreamWorks/Paramount->TransWorld Exclusive
Sweeney Todd -Paramount->TransWorld Exclusive
Cloverfiled - Paramount->TransWorld Exclusive
Iron Man - Paramount->TransWorld Exclusive

Do you guys see a pettern?

Last edited by Willo007; 06-08-08 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-08-08, 02:12 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 455 Likes on 405 Posts
Originally Posted by Willo007

The reason I ask is because this is a Warner Bros. title, and history confirms all Warner Bros. Exclusive steelbook have been at BestBuy. I see Transworld is taking pre-orders for the Iron Man steelbook (do in Sept.) wich is a Paramount title (all Paramount/DreamWorks Exclusives have been at TransWorld). I am getting the crazy notion that the BestBuy 2 Disc 10,000 BC Exlusive is in fact the steelbook. Can anyone confirm this?

US Exclusives:

3. "10,000 BC"...will be a National S.E in Canada - 2 disc and Transworld Single disc.
Old 06-08-08, 07:25 PM
Cool New Member

if anyone has seen a jungle book or ratatouille steelbook at any futureshop at montreal or laval area please contact me thank you!
Old 06-11-08, 01:14 AM

Was kind of hoping there would be a Jumper Steelbook, but alas.

US Exclusives:

I think the 2nd 10,000 BC disc might just be a Digital Copy disc (like the UK 2 disc) or is some kind of National Geographic disc (like the Canadian 2 disc)

Do FYEs traditionally stock enough steelbooks on release date or only enough for Pre-orders? Since my closest FYE closed, the only other one I know is too far for me just to take a trip and pre-order it? I don't see a listing for a Steelbook edition on their online shop either

Last edited by Labor; 06-11-08 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-11-08, 03:40 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Labor
Was kind of hoping there would be a Jumper Steelbook, but alas.
this is slightly OT as it should be at the other thread but there is going to be an R3 Jumper steelbook.. you can find it here :
Old 06-11-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I dont see a pattern and looks like you just based it from what you think and not from the definitive list from page 1 of this thread.

Here is a question since you mention all Warner's steelbooks were Bestbuy exclusives: What about Departed, 300 and I am Legend Steelbooks which were released in Futureshop? (Please dont give me the answer that Futureshop is a sister company of Bestbuy in Canada, or the US/Canada terrritorial difference) ?

The reason I ask is because this is a Warner Bros. title, and history confirms all Warner Bros. Exclusive steelbook have been at BestBuy.

US Exclusives:

Old 06-11-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Xage, you don't see a pattern? All of the Warner/Fox exclusives have been released in the U.S. through Best Buy. All of the Paramount/Dreamworks exclusives have been released in the U.S. through TWEC. Maybe the pattern will break but I haven't heard anyone verify that they've pre-ordered 10,00 B.C. yet from TWEC and Scott doesn't have it listed for the U.S. yet.
Old 06-11-08, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by xage
I dont see a pattern and looks like you just based it from what you think and not from the definitive list from page 1 of this thread.

Here is a question since you mention all Warner's steelbooks were Bestbuy exclusives: What about Departed, 300 and I am Legend Steelbooks which were released in Futureshop? (Please dont give me the answer that Futureshop is a sister company of Bestbuy in Canada, or the US/Canada terrritorial difference) ?

I am still asking: Did anyone pre-oder 10,000 BC STEELBOOK at FYE yet?
Old 06-11-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Doing some research this afternoon, a couple of people have said that they pre-ordered the steelbook at FYE. I'm waiting to find out what the Best Buy exclusive is before I pre-order.
Old 06-11-08, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Doing some research this afternoon, a couple of people have said that they pre-ordered the steelbook at FYE. I'm waiting to find out what the Best Buy exclusive is before I pre-order.

Thank you Neil M, that's all I wanted to know.
Old 06-11-08, 08:25 PM

Here is the latest in Steelbook News:

www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99366153254140&item_id=1410596&searchID=1183862

First Look Entertainment will be releasing Wes Craven Presents: The Breed Steelbook on 09/16/08.
Old 06-12-08, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the latest in Steelbook News:

www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?partner_id=49648684&
partner_id=49648684&
userid=99366153254140&item_id=1410596&searchID=1183862

First Look Entertainment will be releasing Wes Craven Presents: The Breed Steelbook on 09/16/08.
sorry to be so nit-picky, but you mean "re-releasing" yesh?
Old 06-12-08, 11:07 AM

Is "The Jungle Book" a good SteelBook to have? i like the design, does it come off well in real-life? just not sure about the movie though. i saw it many moons ago, but don't hardly remember it. know it was a little tame compared to other Disney fare though.

also, how is "The Little Mermaid" SteelBook and is that a rare one? the design seems a little ho-hum. the movie i love so i think i may get this before week's end.
Old 06-12-08, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Is "The Jungle Book" a good SteelBook to have? i like the design, does it come off well in real-life? just not sure about the movie though. i saw it many moons ago, but don't hardly remember it. know it was a little tame compared to other Disney fare though.
Jungle Book is a nice design except for one thing, no title on the spine. For some reason Disney started making their steelbooks without the title on the spine for Pirates 3, Ratatouille, and Jungle Book. The early ones had it though (Narnia, Little Mermaid, Pirates 2).
Old 06-12-08, 11:43 AM
Ram
Banned

Originally Posted by scott1598
The Jungle Book Steelbook come off as bland and dull in real life just like The Bourne Ultimatum Steelbook. nothing special.
Old 06-12-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think the Steelbook for "The Jungle Book" is actually really nice.
Old 06-12-08, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kory
I think the Steelbook for "The Jungle Book" is actually really nice.
kory, you're killin me. i pm'd you.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.