DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   I AM LEGEND steelbook pictures (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/527612-i-am-legend-steelbook-pictures.html)

DarkEyes 03-18-08 09:21 AM

I AM LEGEND steelbook pictures

just got home from bestbuy, they had at least 30-50 copys at my store...

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...r/DSCF0002.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...r/DSCF0003.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...r/DSCF0004.jpg

Neil M. 03-18-08 10:08 AM

very cool. I'll be picking mine up later.

fumanstan 03-18-08 10:11 AM

Thanks for the pictures, I think that's pretty cool. Too bad I ordered the Blu-Ray off Amazon for the low price, otherwise I probably would have bought this.

Moleman1138 03-18-08 10:32 AM

It's beautiful. Just picked mine up within the last half hour. I blinded but it's steelbook so it's justifiable.

DarkEyes 03-18-08 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Moleman1138
It's beautiful. Just picked mine up within the last half hour. I blinded but it's steelbook so it's justifiable.

same here blind buy but wanted to make sure others could see the case before they buy to help they decide what they wanted.. maybe save some a gas trip it if they don't like the book...

islandclaws 03-18-08 10:41 AM

Best Buy carries this in the US? I just checked their website and didn't see it listed. I'd make a run on my lunch break if I knew this for a fact.

DirkUSA 03-18-08 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Best Buy carries this in the US? I just checked their website and didn't see it listed. I'd make a run on my lunch break if I knew this for a fact.

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...vid%3d031608BA

Dirk

islandclaws 03-18-08 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by DirkUSA

Rad. Thanks. I wonder why it's not available to order for store pick up online, though?

DarkEyes 03-18-08 11:09 AM

yes the steel book is in us stores but only so many per store.. my store had at least 30 some stores may have less... good luck and hope you get one

Matthew Ackerly 03-18-08 11:15 AM

I love the back cover.

That is weird, Best Buy's website usually always has them for order/in store pickup.

DarkEyes 03-18-08 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I love the back cover.

That is weird, Best Buy's website usually always has them for order/in store pickup.

i was told buy a worked the reason its not on the site is its in store only and limited supply.. so this will be very very rare... and yes the back cover is very cools..

Kory 03-18-08 11:36 AM

My Best Buy had around 75 copies of this. Rare my ass, lol.

Very pleased with this purchase though. The back cover is awesome!

DouglasRobert 03-18-08 11:43 AM

Mine had a huge display right at the front of the store, which had many copies of the steelbook. And they had the steelbook on the new releases section as well. I would guess about 60 copies.

I got mine, but I am very picky about the paper backing not being bent. I haven't opened it up yet but on all the copies there was some long bump on the back underneath the paper backing. I'm guessing either glue or anti-theft strip.

DarkEyes 03-18-08 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
Mine had a huge display right at the front of the store, which had many copies of the steelbook. And they had the steelbook on the new releases section as well. I would guess about 60 copies.

I got mine, but I am very picky about the paper backing not being bent. I haven't opened it up yet but on all the copies there was some long bump on the back underneath the paper backing. I'm guessing either glue or anti-theft strip.

its just the glue.. comes of easy.....

eedoon 03-18-08 12:16 PM

Man that thing looks beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics.

TylerDurden_73 03-18-08 12:38 PM

My BB had atleast 60 when it opened.

OldBoy 03-18-08 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by DarkEyes
i was told buy a worked the reason its not on the site is its in store only and limited supply.. so this will be very very rare... and yes the back cover is very cools..

i'm not sure why half your posts on this one DVD is claiming this is rare and will be very very limited. the store i went to had at least 50 copies. others are reporting the same amounts. you yourself reported at least 30-50!

kids, there is no need to bust a gut over this thing. take your time, breathe easy. they will be there after work tonight and most likely in the next few days. beyond that i would presume as well since there are so many copies to be had. looks like another "Bourne Ultimatum" which i literally saw 40 or so still there on the Best Buy racks today.

OldBoy 03-18-08 12:44 PM

i noticed that too on nearly all the copies. luckily, i found one with no ridge. i thought maybe that the ridged ones had something extra attached back there, but reason took over and i just got the flat one.

Kory 03-18-08 12:59 PM

I wasn't as worried about the glue as I was about the two halves of the Steelbook being lined up. I had to look through about 20 copies to find one on which they were even.

Big Worms 03-18-08 06:29 PM

Bought mine today. Very nice!

By the way no way this thing is very rare. My store must of had over 100 of them. They were everywhere.

Imail724 03-18-08 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I love the back cover.

I'd imagine the stores don't have any of the standard two-disc sets, only the steelbooks. So if you ordered the two-disc for instore pick-up you'd probably get the steelbook. Thats what happened with Live Free or Die Hard at least.

TomOpus 03-18-08 06:52 PM

My paper backing wasn't attached. No glue or anything.

Senor Javi 03-18-08 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
My paper backing wasn't attached. No glue or anything.

It doesn't seem to be a uniform thing with steelbooks. My copy did have the paper attached, and several other steelbooks that I have did too, but others I have didn't.

At my Best Buy there were some I Am Legend steelbooks, but not a huge number. Maybe 20, maybe less. There were however tons of Bourne Ultimatum steelbooks left over. Easily 40. I distinctly remember there being hundreds when they first came out in the biggest display I've ever seen at Best Buy. So if anyone still wants one, they're out there.

NiCK Crush 03-18-08 07:31 PM

any pics of the blu-ray Steelbook? i wanna see what us U.S.-ers are missing out on.

-NiCK

JAYARE 03-18-08 08:06 PM

you can get the blu-ray steelbook at hdaddicts.com its like 36.xx + 8.95 shipping if in the us if your in canada its cheaper. its very tempting!