Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

International Steelbook Covers

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

International Steelbook Covers

Old 09-01-08, 11:52 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guns Girls & Gasoline

I have just received my copy of the above and the films in the 6 disc set are:
Snatch/Fast & The Furious/Easy Rider/Into The Blue/Crank and DOA.
Nice boxset and here is a picture from a scan of the front.

[/IMG]
Old 09-01-08, 11:59 AM
Cool New Member

Guns Girls & Gasoline

Sorry link didn't work, I'll try again.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-01-08, 12:06 PM
Cool New Member

Vexille

The above was released in the UK today, received mine this morning, this takes the UK Steelbook total to 109 and my total to 108.
I have a list of all UK steelbooks if anyone wants a copy, just have to update with the latest release today.

Here is a scan of the front:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-01-08, 02:17 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by howwon
Terminator 2 3-Disc Director's Cut R2 Germany

Release date: October 24, 2008
do we have any idea what the 3 discs contain? is it just the separate versions ofthe movie? new extras not on the R1 T2 Ultimate?
Old 09-01-08, 03:34 PM
Cool New Member

I am still waiting for my first steelbook delivery, so I would like to know the best way to display them. I have a bookcase for displaying my Blu-ray and DVD collection, but reading through several forums it seems that they are easy to scratch etc if stored side by side. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 09-01-08, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by PS3_Kiwi
I am still waiting for my first steelbook delivery, so I would like to know the best way to display them. I have a bookcase for displaying my Blu-ray and DVD collection, but reading through several forums it seems that they are easy to scratch etc if stored side by side. Any ideas would be appreciated.
http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/de...oduct_id=sdvdr
Old 09-01-08, 04:21 PM

I have a few R2 steelbooks, including Total Recall and the La Haine UE, but my most recent buy was the very nicely-packaged Romanzo Criminale. It's currently very cheap at HMV UK (half the price of the Amaray version).

Link: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=647851

Dazza.

PS | Hey, just realised this will be my 500th post! Only taken 7 years...
Old 09-01-08, 05:15 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info Scott1598. I am searching for a supplier in NZ, but no luck so far. Probably end up importing from Bags Unlimited.
Old 09-02-08, 04:08 PM
Cool New Member

If anyone is interested, the TOTAL RECALL STEELBOOK pictured on page 7 of this forum is only GBP4.98 at Amazon UK.

Sorry not allowed to post url, haven't had 15 posts yet
Old 09-02-08, 05:29 PM
Cool New Member

If anyone is interested, the TOTAL RECALL STEELBOOK pictured on page 7 of this forum is only GBP4.98 at Amazon UK.

Sorry not allowed to post url, haven't had 15 posts yet
Hi PS3 Kiwi, have checked Amazon, you have to be carefull as there is also a keepcase version of the film with the same cover and that is the one on sale for £4.98.
The Steelbook is OOP and you can't buy new.
There are some traders on Amazon that have it for sale and it will say tin or steelbook in the description.
The cheapest one on there when I looked was £8.99 plus postage.
Hope that has helped.
Old 09-02-08, 05:54 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks OB1WAN, you saved me some grief there.

Do you know if the SWEENEY TODD Blu-ray advertised on Amazon UK is still a steelbook, I heard that they may have replaced it with a normal case. There are other traders selling on Amazon, but don't state if its steelbook or not. Cheers
Old 09-02-08, 06:29 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks OB1WAN, you saved me some grief there.

Do you know if the SWEENEY TODD Blu-ray advertised on Amazon UK is still a steelbook, I heard that they may have replaced it with a normal case. There are other traders selling on Amazon, but don't state if its steelbook or not. Cheers
Sorry PS3 Kiwi, don't have Blue-Ray so can't tell you about the Amazon one.
Usually they are good if you ask them, or I know it is on the PLay.com site,
and is shown as a Steelbook for £17.99
Old 09-02-08, 07:26 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by OB1WAN
Sorry PS3 Kiwi, don't have Blue-Ray so can't tell you about the Amazon one.
Usually they are good if you ask them, or I know it is on the PLay.com site,
and is shown as a Steelbook for £17.99
Unfortunately Play.com don't ship to New Zealand. I was going to use my brothers address in England, but credit card address and postal address had to be the same.
Old 09-02-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately Play.com don't ship to New Zealand. I was going to use my brothers address in England, but credit card address and postal address had to be the same.
i think it may depend on the credit card company, but if you are serious about it, you can temporarily add an address on your credit card for shipping purposes. i know thats possible in the u.s., but going across country borders may be another story.
Old 09-03-08, 12:21 AM
Cool New Member

Hi again, sorry my comp wasn't letting me paste url's last night.
Have you tried hmv.com, they sometimes show steelbooks as special packaging,
url below.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=784666
Old 09-03-08, 07:05 AM
Cool New Member

[QUOTE=OB1WAN;8913278]Hi again, sorry my comp wasn't letting me paste url's last night.
Have you tried hmv.com, they sometimes show steelbooks as special packaging, QUOTE]

Thanks for that OB1WAN. That is the one I'm looking for. DVD co.uk and sendit are quite a bit cheaper with shipping, plus the Blu-ray is also slightly cheaper. I have e-mailed them to make sure they have steelbook versions. If not, then HMV will be my next port of call. Cheers

EDIT: Seems like the Sweeney Todd Blu-ray steelbook has been OOP for some time. I would still like to buy this. Anyone know of a seller?

Last edited by PS3_Kiwi; 09-04-08 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 09-03-08, 07:08 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by hindolio
i think it may depend on the credit card company, but if you are serious about it, you can temporarily add an address on your credit card for shipping purposes. i know thats possible in the u.s., but going across country borders may be another story.
Thanks hindolio. I will try that if and when play.com have any more exclusive steelbooks
Old 09-04-08, 12:22 PM
Cool New Member

does any one know where i could find a copy of rambo and the upcoming hulk steelbook i dont think there is ganna be a r1 release and play.com does not send to canada.

btw there is a hancock limited edition steelbook
Old 09-04-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by meanz
does any one know where i could find a copy of rambo and the upcoming hulk steelbook i dont think there is ganna be a r1 release and play.com does not send to canada.

try amazon.de for the german cover. or if you are looking for UK, then check if amazon.co.uk or hmv.com has it.
Old 09-04-08, 07:23 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by meanz

The UK version of Rambo Steelbook was exclusive to HMV.com and the Hulk steelbook is exclusive to Play.com
Here is the url for Rambo : http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=810357
Old 09-05-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can anyone recommend a good place to pre-order this steelbook for iron man?
Originally Posted by snausages
German cover:
i kindly thank howwon for suggesting amazon.de (that is denmark yesh?) or jpc.de, but i figured id ask here again to see if there are any others that might be good.

also, is this steelbook only available in german r2 or are there other regions or languages that this steelbook comes in? i realize the r1 will come with a red border and spain has a yellow border, but im not really digging those. thanks
Old 09-05-08, 12:24 PM

The Fly (R2 Uk)

Anyone know if this still comes in SteelBook or did they convert over to regular keepcase? thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fly-Cinema-R...0635447&sr=8-2
Old 09-05-08, 01:33 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by scott1598
Anyone know if this still comes in SteelBook or did they convert over to regular keepcase? thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fly-Cinema-R...0635447&sr=8-2
I know Play.com and hmv.com are still selling, but can't be sure if you will get the steelbook.
I have seen some copies in ZAAVI and on checking their site they have it for sale at £18.00, url below.

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/Fly-dvd-The-F...qc.r10.1/p.jsf

Also Amazon are still showing it for sale and the pics of the dvd for sale are the steelbook edition.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fly-Cinema-R...0639460&sr=1-1
Old 09-05-08, 06:20 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by scott1598
I e-mailed Amazon UK about this title, and I got this reply. I haven't ordered yet, but will order shortly.

"Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

After looking into your enquiry I found that it is a steel case.

I understand that sometimes the amount of information we display can make deciding on an item difficult. Our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information we provide about each item as it becomes available to us. However, the information listed for this product on our website is all the manufacturer has passed along to us."

GBP 8.98, best price I have found.
Old 09-05-08, 07:00 PM
Cool New Member

Just ordered The Fly Cinema Reserve Edition , along with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

The Fly was showing GBP 8.98 on the Amazon site, but when I checked out it was only GBP 7.64. Likewise the Butch Cassidy steelbook, GBP 7.63 (GBP 8.97 on the site).

I assume that the discount was the VAT tax paid by UK customers.

Last edited by PS3_Kiwi; 09-05-08 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added Info

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.