DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

any cool free dvd cover sites??

Old 02-22-08, 11:59 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 60
any cool free dvd cover sites??

I am looking for a really cool cover site because my dummy roomate stole all my dvd cases thinking all my discs were in the cases, they were not, they were in my cd cases because I travel a lot. sooo I've been searching a lot anbd the only one I came across was www.r1db.com but you have to buy credits and doesn't tell you how many credit per cover. soooo I can't find a site that has all my dvds because I have some rare dvds like Thursday, etc.

sooo any help would be much apprecitated.
Metaphor4 is offline  
Old 02-23-08, 01:12 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 194
1 credit per cover. Can't remember how much they charge for credits, but i always found them reasonable. www.replacethecase.com is another excellent site with a simular set-up.

Most of the free sites (like mine) have a very limited selection as they only showcase one person's work.

I hope your room-mate is no longer your room-mate. And I hope he's very happy with all his empty cases. Better change your locks.
Ric Easton is offline  
Old 02-23-08, 07:39 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 252
It used to be $8 for 50 for the ceapest "plan" I'm not creative enough to make my own, so that seems pretty reasonable to me. They do have a lot of stuff too.
prozac80 is offline  
Old 02-26-08, 09:53 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jjcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 6,683
Anyone know what the deal is with generetic? Are they ever coming back?
jjcool is offline  
Old 02-27-08, 01:17 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,467
r1db has the best variety. No one cover site will have everything you want.

Originally Posted by jjcool
Anyone know what the deal is with generetic? Are they ever coming back?
I think the dude took everyone's money and ran.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 02-27-08, 03:53 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jjcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 6,683
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
r1db has the best variety. No one cover site will have everything you want.



I think the dude took everyone's money and ran.
Thats what I was afraid of. I generally found generetic had alot more stuff than any other one site had. Oh well.
jjcool is offline  
Old 02-27-08, 10:47 PM
  #7  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
r1db has the best variety. No one cover site will have everything you want.



I think the dude took everyone's money and ran.
Get this hes still charging people i read on another site his cc was charged
xfilefanfreak is offline  
Old 02-28-08, 03:21 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
jjcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 6,683
so what sites do people frequent now? I use r1db, customaniacs, hirescover, and euphoric. And used to use generetic.
jjcool is offline  
Old 02-29-08, 03:16 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Pacific Northwest
Posts: 3,422
ReplaceTheCase lets you earn credits just by posting in the forums.

I personally frequent about 6 or 7 sites, but mainly ReplaceTheCase and R1Db. Between the two, you'll have access to about 90% of all the really quality covers in circulation. The other 10% are generally hosted by the individual artists themselves at their own sites.
joliom is offline  
Old 03-04-08, 10:50 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: ATL
Posts: 1,194
Any thoughts on http://www.dvdcoverart.org ? Also, which sites have better ThinPak support? Thanks.
yashan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.