Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

24 Season 1-4 Slim Pack Sets

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-07, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Season 1-4 Slim Pack Sets

Hello Everyone, I am a big 24 fan and already own Season 1-5 on DVD. My 1-4 sets are the old kind, and I was wondering if someone could post a picture of how the new slim sets look for the 24 Seasons 1-4. I want to know if the disc have different disc art, and if the dvd case is similar to the Season 5 slim dvd cases where they have a picture of a cast member on the front, and list the episodes on the back etc.

If anyone has the slim sets, and wouldn't mind posting some pictures of them I would appreciate it. I am thinking about buying 1-4 again since Best Buy is having a sale on FOX dvds right now. However I want to see how they look like first. I will probably end up using my old sets to let friends and people borrow so they can try the show out (I love getting people hooked on 24), and keep my slim sets in my dvd collection.
Old 06-10-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts
I had season 2 on dvd, but sold it because I never watched it. But I got hooked on 24 last season even thought everyone said season 6 sucked. I have seen the season slim sets on the shelves at best buy and they don't look any different to me, and i am pretty sure all the same extras are included.
Old 06-11-07, 01:11 AM
Banned

the best buy seasons are not slim, they're clearing out old stock for new.
Old 06-11-07, 06:19 AM

is season 5 only in slim packs? i haven't bought any of them yet, but would want them all the same slim or full

thanks
Old 06-11-07, 08:01 AM

^yeah season 5 only came in slim cases

To tenzor - I don't have the sets but I have seen them, season 1 has 3 slim cases w/ 2-disc per case....and seasons 2-4 have 4 silm cases like season 5 ....as far as disc art goes, they appear to be the same (see below).

(old back)
http://images2.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/216762bh.jpg

(new back)
http://images2.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1298383bh.jpg
Old 06-12-07, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by im_ryandick
the best buy seasons are not slim, they're clearing out old stock for new.
At the best buy in my neighborhood, they have all seasons 1-5 on sale for 19.99. So I picked up all five of the slim sets at that price.
Old 07-23-07, 06:27 PM

i noticed in a advert that came inside the slim sets of 24 seasons 1-4 that there is revised cover art for season five... it is made to match seasons 1-4... with the digital clock logo and the words "season five" on the side instead of "season 5" so it would match the other slim sets. It is pictured in the advert... but i dont think it actually exists.

anyone have any info on this?
Old 08-05-07, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by JsonTheGreat
i noticed in a advert that came inside the slim sets of 24 seasons 1-4 that there is revised cover art for season five... it is made to match seasons 1-4... with the digital clock logo and the words "season five" on the side instead of "season 5" so it would match the other slim sets. It is pictured in the advert... but i dont think it actually exists.

anyone have any info on this?
Any word on the revised art yet?

Also, if you're planning on rebuying all the sets grab a couple of the season 6 premiere DVDs. They can be had for cheap if you look in the right spots and they include a $10 coupon good on seasons 1-6.
Old 01-16-08, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by WebScud
Any word on the revised art yet?

Also, if you're planning on rebuying all the sets grab a couple of the season 6 premiere DVDs. They can be had for cheap if you look in the right spots and they include a $10 coupon good on seasons 1-6.
Yeah i did this... was pretty cool... got the sets for 10 bucks each during black friday!

I dont believe there is any news on the revised art for season five that matches seasons 1-4 and 6. It must exist because it is featured on the little insert you get when you buy 24... I guess no one really cares or its just not that big of a deal...?
Old 01-29-08, 12:30 PM

Anyone knows if the slim, repackaged R1 version of the first season features the same transfers as the original set, with the 90 second cuts in the final episodes due to commercial breaks? Or do they come with new transfers and the complete episodes, like the R2 DVDs?