Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory 2 disc deluxe slipcover question

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 12-07-07, 11:35 PM

Is the slipcover for Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Rare? Was it some kind of store exclusive?
Thanks
Old 12-08-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not so much rare as it was limited, Like many slipcovers it was limited to the first wave (or so) of supply. Just about every store that carried the 2 disc at the time of release had it, now that it's under 10 bucks at stores like wal-mart the slipcover is gone. Your best bet to find one is to sell/trade with someone online, or go into a low volume (compared to BB) mall store.
I've seen some "limited" slipcover releases hanging around FYE
Old 12-08-07, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
It's not so much rare as it was limited, Like many slipcovers it was limited to the first wave (or so) of supply. Just about every store that carried the 2 disc at the time of release had it, now that it's under 10 bucks at stores like wal-mart the slipcover is gone. Your best bet to find one is to sell/trade with someone online, or go into a low volume (compared to BB) mall store.
I've seen some "limited" slipcover releases hanging around FYE
Thanks for the info. As a matter of fact I did find one with the slipcover at fye brand new and mint for $15 so I was just trying to make sure I didn't over pay.
Old 12-08-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered it from Columbia House back in November 2006 and it came with the slipcover.

Sale priced about $8 - $9.
Old 12-09-07, 09:38 PM

it was odd though, because i bought the 2-disc on release day at best buy and they had NO slipcovers AT ALL. i didn't even know there WAS a slipcover until i walked into tower records (r.i.p.) and noticed they had a slipcover on theirs. i know it's not a store exclusive because i eventually got a copy from borders that had a slip, but i don't know why it was so limited. even if it was only limited to first printing, i don't see why nearly all best buys didn't have the slipcover from day one.
Old 12-10-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I searched shortly after it came out, and found mine at a Target.
Old 12-10-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered mine from Amazon on release day and it didn't come with a slipcover. My boss at the time picked one up at Best Buy a week or so later and that was the first time I saw the slipcover. He was nice enough to give me his because he knew I was a "collector."