DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Amazon and slipcovers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/512483-amazon-slipcovers.html)

Frenzal Rhomb 09-20-07 10:41 PM

Amazon and slipcovers

I was just wondering if Amazon were known to send slipcovers with their movies, like I feel like buying Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Major League (Wild Thing) and The Graduate, but it would not be nice if they didn't include the slipcases...anyone knows?

Willh51 09-20-07 11:11 PM

Yes. I would say Amazon would be like a regular store. When they sell out of the slipcover shipments, they are out. I've always gotten a slipcover on the discs I've ordered, so you should be okay on those new releases. Just don't go expecting one for Usual Suspects.

starseed 09-21-07 06:12 AM

Occasionally, I have received DVDs (that were known to have slipcovers) from Amazon without them, but this has typically happened to me with DVDs that have already been out for a while. Since the movies you mentioned are recent releases you can probably order without worry.

Also, if I really, really wanted to have a slipcover and I didn't get one, I reported the DVD as damaged and specifically mentioned that it was missing the cardboard slipcover. The replacement copy has always had one.

JohnBeas 09-21-07 07:30 AM

I just bought "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" and it included the slipcover.

Father Karras 09-21-07 07:58 AM

I received the new 40th Anniversary Edition of The Graduate from Amazon yesterday and it included the slipcover.

notkevinbacon 09-21-07 08:27 AM

My copy of Invasion of the Body Snatchers did have the slip cover... but my copy of Monster Squad (ordered on 8/24) did not come with a slip cover (and now my local BB has tons of them in stock! Just my luck. Ha.)

Frenzal Rhomb 09-21-07 11:49 AM

For the ones who ordered The Graduate, did you receive the Bonus Disc?

islandclaws 09-21-07 11:54 AM

My rule of thumb: if I know something is going to have a slipcover I buy it in-store, that way I KNOW I'm getting it. I don't like to take that kind of a chance ordering it online.

The Valeyard 09-21-07 02:51 PM

The only time Amazon didn't send me a slipcover was when Charlie and the Chocolate Factory first came out. I didn't even know it had a slipcover until I hit a Best Buy two weeks later. I was pretty ticked.

islandclaws 09-21-07 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
The only time Amazon didn't send me a slipcover was when Charlie and the Chocolate Factory first came out. I didn't even know it had a slipcover until I hit a Best Buy two weeks later. I was pretty ticked.

Yea, I got mine at BB and it didn't come with one. I was all set to care until I remembered the movie really isn't good enough to make a fuss about.

shacmasta 09-21-07 11:13 PM

I've received DVD's w/slipcovers most of the time when ordering from amazon. Monster squad is the only one that sticks out when looking back at my previous experiences. I'm sure it's happened more then once to me, but I would say there pretty good overall.

animatedude 09-27-07 10:59 AM

you think if i ordered the following i'll get the slipcases:

A Fish Called Wanda (2-Disc Collector's Edition)
Big (Extended Edition)
That Thing You Do! - The Director's Cut (Two-Disc Special Edition)
The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert (Extra Frills Edition)

?

Frenzal Rhomb 10-03-07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
you think if i ordered the following i'll get the slipcases:

A Fish Called Wanda (2-Disc Collector's Edition)
Big (Extended Edition)
That Thing You Do! - The Director's Cut (Two-Disc Special Edition)
The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert (Extra Frills Edition)

?

Big, got mine with a slipcase, others, dunno..

was wondering the same thing about Bird with Crystal Plumage going for 10$ right now at Amazon..