DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts-35/)
-   -   Office Case Change? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-covers-cases-inserts/505821-office-case-change.html)

jceperley 07-08-07 08:17 PM

Office Case Change?

Recently, Universal released a double pack (nothing special, just the two current releases shrink-wrapped together) featuring the first two seasons of The Office (US Version), and I couldn't help but notice that when I was looking at it the other day in store that the season two DVD looked different. It now comes in a boxset of four slimcases (obviously one disc each), but I swear that everytime before that I've seen the Season 2 DVD that it has come in a nice digipak with a slipsleeve. And looking around, all the individual ones are also in a boxset now. So, when did Universal change this? Am I the only who's noticed it? Is it just the Canadian ones? and if so, does this mean that the upcoming season three set will also be converted from the US Digipak (which is what it appears to be by the photos online) to a boxset for Canadians, or are all three seasons gonna have a different style of casing up here, which sucks for those who care about continuity.

shyguy1083 07-08-07 11:58 PM

haven't noticed that here in so. cal. the ones i've seen that are dual-packs remain in the original format. maybe it is just the canadian ones? although i don't really see a reason to change it. i hate slimcases though. digipak is much nicer to me, particularly if it's well-designed digipak. the office s2 was sort of in the middle. but i'd prefer they keep it digipak instead of going to slimcase. i guess we'll have to wait and see when s3 is released...

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 07-11-07 07:38 PM

The only time slimcases top digipak is when you have the digipacks with overlapping discs. So irritating.

jceperley 09-06-07 10:23 PM

Just got my copy of season three, and again, it's a boxset with a slimcase for each disc, and I noticed something interesting, the image on the front of each, which is probably the same as the US digipak, features an image that I believe is from season two, cause it's missing Karen and Andy.

souvenir 09-06-07 11:25 PM

The Target exclusive is in a digipak with two overlapping discs in each of the middle sections and the fifth bonus disc by itself in the last section. Would've liked slimcases instead.

JustinDM 09-26-08 09:54 PM

I am reviving this thread because season 4 just released and I noticed the same thing as the OP. I wouldn't have cared so much if my Office season 2 wasn't Digipak because I care about continuity too. It's weird how they would change it just for Canada...I guess either I will have to buy the DVDs from Amazon or sell my season 2 on ebay then rebuy season 2. Anyway, just wanted to let off some steam because I don't like the change.