Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Star Trek Animated?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Trek Animated?

Has anybody done any replacement covers for the upcoming Star Trek Animated Series? I've replaced those plastic abominations the Original Series came in with some of Ric Easton's excellent covers - I'm hoping for something to match those as closely as possible.
Old 11-15-06, 04:49 PM

Clay,

I'll be making matching covers for the two sets at the top of this page. For the Ships of the Line Collection, I'll be cramming them in with the first ST movies case and moving Search for Spock in with the second case. As for The Captain's Collection, my only choice is to stick it in after Voyager. I hope you'll be able to find something to use out of those four choices.
Old 11-16-06, 10:23 AM

Ric,

Great news! I've got your Drew Struzan covers on my Original Series DVDs now, and they look fantastic - very glad to hear I'll be able to have something matching those for the Animated Series. I look forward to the covers - keep up the great work!
Old 11-16-06, 01:35 PM

Thanks, Clay!

Sadly, there is no Struzan art for The Animated Series! So it won't look quite as nice, but at least it will be in the same style.
Old 11-19-06, 02:36 AM

I was just considering what Drew Struzan art for the animated series would look like...that would be really cool! Ah, well...I can dream, right?

Looking forward to the covers, Ric!
Old 12-05-06, 02:00 PM

I see the covers are up - God, they look great. I ended up getting the STARFLEET COLORS COLLECTION instead of the DREW STRUZAN set I had planned on, because I prefer the actual animated series artwork used on the front of the "COLORS" cover to the promo artwork used on the Struzan set. All the sets look great, though - fantastic job as always, Ric!
Old 12-09-06, 02:57 PM

Glad you like 'em Clay!