Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Definitive List of DVD's with Lenticular covers?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Definitive List of DVD's with Lenticular covers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabrett
Can we make a list for crappy lenticular covers and add Final Destination 3 to the list?
The Crappiest would be Target's Final Destination as it was just a sticker pasted in front of the slipcase....
Old 07-25-06, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xage
The Crappiest would be Target's Final Destination as it was just a sticker pasted in front of the slipcase....
Yours was a sticker and pasted on the front? Mine just fell right off, there was nothing adhesive on it keeping it to the front at all. So now, it's inside the case with the inserts.
Old 07-25-06, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MOD NOTE: philip74 & Filmmaker I suggest both of you give this thread a rest for awhile and cool off.

philip74 you're relatively new here but by reading through the various rule threads you should know comments along the lines of "havent gotten layed in a while, have some serious anger issues, paranoia, or u are more sensitive than a pregnant woman" are HIGHLY discouraged here.

Filmmaker you've been here long enough you should know better than to get involved in a tit-for-tat exchange like this

Remember we aren't trying to stifle discussion, we are only trying to encourage the discussion that goes on here stays on a friendly level (or at least non-insulting ). If you feel the need to insult/flame people please find some other place on the I'net to do it.

thx
Old 07-25-06, 04:21 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
Filmmaker you've been here long enough you should know better than to get involved in a tit-for-tat exchange like this
I know better than to defend myself when I'm called a liar? I guess you overestimated me, but don't worry, I've said all I intend to say to the guy on the matter; I'm simply left amazed that you would deny me the right to defend my honor.
Old 07-25-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
Yours was a sticker and pasted on the front? Mine just fell right off, there was nothing adhesive on it keeping it to the front at all. So now, it's inside the case with the inserts.
do you guys have the possibility to posts some pics of the fd3 lenticular cover? i intended to purchase it, but from your guys description i think i wouldnt miss much by passing?
Old 07-25-06, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by philip74
do you guys have the possibility to posts some pics of the fd3 lenticular cover? i intended to purchase it, but from your guys description i think i wouldnt miss much by passing?

Its not worth it for $16.99 ..
Old 07-25-06, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
I know better than to defend myself when I'm called a liar? I guess you overestimated me, but don't worry, I've said all I intend to say to the guy on the matter; I'm simply left amazed that you would deny me the right to defend my honor.
As mentioned we are not trying to deny anyone anything aside from being insulting to each other. If you feel insulted by a post either report it or respond in a manner that defends your point w/o resorting to further insults/inflamatory language.
Old 07-26-06, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the FD3 lenticular looks like it was designed to slip UNDER the keepcase where the trap sheet sits, due to its small size. somebody probably figured, "wait, there's a slipcover that goes over the keepcase, so let's put the lenticular sheet on the outside so people can see it."
Old 07-26-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by philip74

There's a picture in the Final Destination 3 thread.
Old 07-26-06, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just saw it, thanx!
Old 07-26-06, 03:17 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
As mentioned we are not trying to deny anyone anything aside from being insulting to each other. If you feel insulted by a post either report it or respond in a manner that defends your point w/o resorting to further insults/inflamatory language.
Wow, and I finally thought I was finally getting the jist of how you guys want things done around here, and painfully made sure not to use insults, but now I'm called out for so-called "inflammatory language". Sorry, it's just my native tongue. I really don't how how to get around this "report a transgression" directive; I loathe it--I'm a big boy and can handle my own battles. Is there no place at DVDTalk for those who don't feel comfortable tattling?
Old 07-26-06, 04:18 PM

Dude just let it go already and move on. Let's get this thread back on track. If you have a problem just PM the mods or something.
Old 08-04-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

anybody have a good way to scan some lenticular covers. I'm looking for Batman Begins and Harry Potter for dvdaff
Old 08-04-06, 07:38 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
anybody have a good way to scan some lenticular covers. I'm looking for Batman Begins and Harry Potter for dvdaff
yeah, but they look like shit from a scanner...
Old 08-05-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks...i was hoping someone had a better way of doing it
Old 08-05-06, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Incredible Hulk S1 has a nice lenticular cover...
Old 08-05-06, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron

Heres one posted by Snowmaker, wayback...

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
My scan of it didn't turn out so bad:

Old 08-05-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For what it's worth, a review copy of The Poseidon Adventure arrived this week, and I can confirm that it has a rather lovely lenticular cover showing the cruise ship being swamped by the tidal wave.
Old 08-05-06, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by rasalas
For what it's worth, a review copy of The Poseidon Adventure arrived this week, and I can confirm that it has a rather lovely lenticular cover showing the cruise ship being swamped by the tidal wave.
If the one you mentioned is the remake then that would be 7th for WB?

I guess at present there are 6 released of Lenticular Packaged DVD Movies from WB in Region 1 format

Old 08-05-06, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, then every store will have the lenticular cover, or it's a store exclusive?
Old 08-05-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
If the one you mentioned is the remake then that would be 7th for WB?
It's the upcoming release of the remake on DVD.

Originally Posted by Sabrett
So, then every store will have the lenticular cover, or it's a store exclusive?
I would guess that this is not a store exclusive; it came directly from Warner Home Video. Review copies of final product are almost always the mass release. Getting review copies of store exclusives is so cumbersome that I gave up trying long ago.
Old 08-06-06, 01:42 PM

Thanks rasalas for the info. Im looking forward to that release!
Old 08-06-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rasalas
is that the single disc or the 2-disc special edition?
Old 08-06-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Disney Movie Club occasionally issues these "3-D" card covers on select titles during their initial availability through their service. I have the "Chicken Little" cover and they are currently offering a Narnia cover with purchase by the end of the month.
Old 08-07-06, 03:50 AM

Anybody know if it is still possible to find that Corpse Bride Lenticular Cover? I hadn't even known that one existed and really want it now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.