DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Is there such a thing as double amarays in WHITE?

Old 01-21-06, 08:13 PM
Cool New Member

Is there such a thing as double amarays in WHITE?

Hi,

I'm looking for the single-sized double amaray cases with the extra swivel disc hub extending from the middle inner-spine as seen here:

Only in WHITE!

I can't seem to find them anywhere on the internet!

I don't like the Amaray II's because the extra hub is positioned awkwardly on the left cover and I don't like how it opens like a fold-out.

I really need to find the original 2-disc amarays that are single sized like the picture above. These are the exact same cases that Disney has most recently been using to release their 2-disc Platinum Edition titles such as Cinderella and Aladdin, etc.

The only problem is, I can only find them in black everywhere!

Also, the regular 2-disc amarays with the hubs on either side of the covers are no good because they leave no room any inserts.

So if anyone knows where I can find these cases in white, please let me know!!!
Old 01-21-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Check these links out to see if these are what you want:

Bags Unlimited

Sleeve City
Old 01-22-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I found them on eBay shortly after Elf was released on DVD
Old 01-22-06, 06:57 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks, the Bags Unlimited are no good because the hub snaps in on the left of the packaging rather than in the middle like the picture above. I wasn't able to find them at SleeveTown either...
Old 01-22-06, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

inetdvd.com has one:

http://www.inetdvd.com/store/tmp_pro...3.asp?id=28385

Last edited by Snowmaker; 01-22-06 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-23-06, 04:27 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks Snowmaker.

Those are the Amaray II's with the awkwardly placed disc hub on the left instead of the middle for some reason... So when you open the case, the second disc hub sort of folds out like a digipak.

I'm not crazy about that design. It's not as nice or convenient as the regular two-disc cases that studios like Disney uses for their releases.

But if that's all that's available, I guess I'll have to learn to not be so picky...

Old 01-24-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd like to find someplace that sells genuine Amaray Safecase slim-doubles in white also. Right now the only recourse I have is checking eBay periodically or doing the Blockbuster dumpster dive the week when a new Disney or DreamWorks 2-Disc animated release streets. If NexPak was smart they'd sell them in different colors directly via their website and milk us collectors for a few extra dimes. I know I'd shell out for them.
Old 01-25-06, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OliverB
Thanks Snowmaker.

Those are the Amaray II's with the awkwardly placed disc hub on the left instead of the middle for some reason... So when you open the case, the second disc hub sort of folds out like a digipak.

I'm not crazy about that design. It's not as nice or convenient as the regular two-disc cases that studios like Disney uses for their releases.

But if that's all that's available, I guess I'll have to learn to not be so picky...

I just wish they'd restock their colored cases already. They never seem to have any. I need a GOLD Amaray one for my 12 Monkeys.
Old 01-26-06, 01:55 AM
Cool New Member

The Aristocrats white case has the hubs. There is no flipper, just the hubs, but I hope it helps!
Old 04-20-06, 08:56 AM
Cool New Member

I'm STILL looking for these!!!
Old 05-27-06, 08:24 AM

Too Funny

Oliver I thought I was the only person picky about wanting the white 2-disk dvd keep cases : ) I've been searching all over the internet as well and found absolutely nothing close to what I want. I must agree that those other white 2-disk cases are tacky...no insert room or simply no flip tray. I'm willing to buy 50 of them just solely for organization purposes...like a children's dvd section. It seems like Disney is going away from the white 2-disk keep cases. I don't like the security clips that you have to flip before you can open the dvd case....I find them annoying. Anyways I was doing a search for the cases when I came across your blog and just had to reply. I did, however, come across the white 2-disk keep case when I bought the 2-disk special edition for the movie Chicago...I almost immediatley changed it out for A Bug's Life Collector's Edition. Just 24 more to go now (lol) If I ever find a source of what we both like, I'll definitely post its whereabouts!
Old 05-27-06, 06:21 PM

One other recourse is to buy some 1-Disc white Amarays and some Add-A-Pages that clip on to the literature clasps. Of course those wouldn't be white either, but at least the outer case would be. They work pretty well and are designed not to damage the inserts/booklets at all. Here's a pic if you're not familiar:

Old 05-28-06, 01:22 PM

Here is one I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-DVD-Cases...QQcmdZViewItem

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but I don't think that exactly what you want actually exists anywhere. I was looking for something similar last year and ended up with these, because they still have insert clips and they don't have that annoying pop out piece for the second disc.

You may be able to find them in less of an extreme bulk size if you look around.